BB Global (English) > Economy

Economy (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152075.23 in reply to 152075.13
Date: 7/20/2010 6:53:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The market has matured because the userbase has matured. The average manager knows more about the skill-sets than 5 seasons ago, and more often than not knows exactly what he wants to go shopping for and because of the supply knows he can wait to pick up the player of his choice in most instances.
People stopped overpaying, how is this bad?
the quality of the trainees they start with even if trained perfectly still wont reach the requirements of most Div 1 teams so with this in mind, money doesnt flow freely.
I think it's a smart choise to start with a trainee, that you do not have to sell, when in a lower div. You don't need to train players for div1 team in order to be successful. You need to train players for your team. There are not many div1 teams to be honest and if everyone is targeting training for their needs, then there will be oversupply of those players and they end up selling really low, or keeping those players for salarys they can not actually afford.
IF we had more money then the truly best players in the market would fetch the really big $$ and the reward for training properly could be witnessed by everyone and in turn maybe have a knock on effect to the market.
This is just bull, great players are still going for a lot of money right now. The difference is that you get 5-7mil for those (instead of 12mil). Still you make the same amount of money compared to the lower and higher values of before and on the current market.
If you dont want it at the top of the tree no problem, but then it wont filter down to the bottom.
So in order to keep everything great you need to insert more money to the top aswell? Comon? You should not have 5 MVP players fully trained playing for you. There should be players you can not afford if you want to maintain an even team. If you want one extreme superstar at one position you will have to cut costs on other positions. I'm not surprised this suggestion comes from a manager that has never played catch up and in a country where you have no fear of demoting. As a new starting team (in active countrys) you will have to build arena, train, lose games, fight for survival, fight for promotion. I think your team already get's near max income in BB and you are saying it's still not enough for you? With record 22:0 season to season and cup wins whenever you feel like winning. So you were not able to pull through B3 in last 2 seasons, so what? It does not mean the economy is broken now. It just means other managers have managed their teams better for those seasons.
Your admiral surveying of the TL is nothing until you pull the trigger and own/sell the players you are watching.
I disagree, you do not need to daytrade yourself in order to know how much players are "really" worth. I monitor 80 teams in Estonia (with 3 day interval) + about 15 known daytrader teams. So knowing the transfers take 3 days to finish, I never miss out on any of them. This takes me about 3 hours on those days alone. In addition to that I also look players for myself daily. So taking everything that into account, I can say I'm more prepared to jump into the water than Hasselhoff and Anderson combined!
Sorry for the late answer, forum seemed to be broken for unknown reasons:(

This Post:
152075.24 in reply to 152075.19
Date: 7/20/2010 7:09:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the constant changes, you should have learned now that you don't need just 1 long term plan, you need several (in case this or that happens). This game is about adapting, like I said there are people who can and people who can't adapt. Arena has always been the one source of income you can count on. Why ignore building it then?

This Post:
152075.25 in reply to 152075.15
Date: 7/20/2010 7:14:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the best players should get sold for highiest price.
Our understanding of the best player is probably different. To me the best player is the one who's skills are spread out pretty evenly and his salary is low compared to few skill monsters and believe me the first ones mentioned have a high transfer price tag on their forehead! Like in basketball, it's about the team not about that one player. So you have to manage your team. It would be oh so boring if you could just buy all of the highest salary players together into one team and there would be no downside.

This Post:
152075.26 in reply to 152075.22
Date: 7/20/2010 7:26:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No market has collapsed, players that are trained well still sell for most money. The crappy and overpriced players are still lingering on the market weekly.
At the time,not only the "farming players" are out of the market(and this is a good thing),but many other players with a good salary/skill rate(200k level) have low value on the market,and this situation alter the market,because a user that have to sell his trainee because he can't afford him in a low division,will have few money for the work he did,and can't try to improve his team buying some players of an higher level,so blocking also the markets of the middle-high level,that have to sell their players to buy stronger players and try to rise up in the categories
That's what I call bad management. Nobody forces you to train your player to 200k or to extent you can't afford. If you feel you are losing your trainee, stop training and switch to some other training (other position or other skill). Perhaps the damage is already done by buying a trainee with too high pot at the start. Buy a trainee you can cap and keep.
About the stuff that some teams in some countrys have money and some don't etc.
It has been said before, yes not everyone has the same money situation if we compare country's, but it really should not be your main concern. If the Japanese user can steal some of your bookmarked transferlist players, then be it. Your direct competition in Italy can not get those aswell. Your main goal should not be about how much and when should BB inject money into Italian system, it's about what did Basketmans team do right to make it to divII, when you both started from season 6. You can start the global unfairness talk again, when you make your first appearance in B3. To me even that seems a little farfetched as Laim has proven you can win even coming from a high userbase country.

This Post:
152075.27 in reply to 152075.26
Date: 7/20/2010 8:09:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No market has collapsed, players that are trained well still sell for most money. The crappy and overpriced players are still lingering on the market weekly.
At the time,not only the "farming players" are out of the market(and this is a good thing),but many other players with a good salary/skill rate(200k level) have low value on the market,and this situation alter the market,because a user that have to sell his trainee because he can't afford him in a low division,will have few money for the work he did,and can't try to improve his team buying some players of an higher level,so blocking also the markets of the middle-high level,that have to sell their players to buy stronger players and try to rise up in the categories
That's what I call bad management. Nobody forces you to train your player to 200k or to extent you can't afford. If you feel you are losing your trainee, stop training and switch to some other training (other position or other skill). Perhaps the damage is already done by buying a trainee with too high pot at the start. Buy a trainee you can cap and keep.

That's what I call a stupid thought,if I have a player why I should not try to train him at the best?It's like Ibrahimovic would stop train himself during the years because his Swedish team would not be able to pay it...

About the stuff that some teams in some countrys have money and some don't etc.
It has been said before, yes not everyone has the same money situation if we compare country's, but it really should not be your main concern. If the Japanese user can steal some of your bookmarked transferlist players, then be it. Your direct competition in Italy can not get those aswell. Your main goal should not be about how much and when should BB inject money into Italian system, it's about what did Basketmans team do right to make it to divII, when you both started from season 6. You can start the global unfairness talk again, when you make your first appearance in B3. To me even that seems a little farfetched as Laim has proven you can win even coming from a high userbase country.

Basketmans is a great team,made great moves and was promoted,but now is suffering very much in II division,because to win a league as the our was last season,he has not had the opportunity to save some money to buy some player who can help him more in II division.
Tanqueray Lemon has been a great team through all these years,he is a great team and his manager did a great job,and had a player in the italian NT,but he remains in III division for many years because,Despite being the best team in the league,for some choices(he arrived at the eight-finals and in the ninth round in two seasons,losing energy,games,and team spirit) and bad luck remains in our league,but he can easily beat al the team of your league and being promoted in the I estonian division...but he can't have the possibility to improve and to do some kind of market,instead of you and your leaguemates,because you have higher incomes and lower expenses and despite this has a better team of all of you...so you should shut up when you try to liquidate a long and argued global reasoning as a matter of "a user who complain about his league and want to win easily"

If tanqueray was promoted this season,he would have many difficulties in II division,because also he hadn't the possibility to save money in these seasons,while playing in a great way all the seasons,because has less incomes of some teams like the yours and can't compete on the GLOBAL market with you

This Post:
152075.28 in reply to 152075.24
Date: 7/20/2010 9:05:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the constant changes, you should have learned now that you don't need just 1 long term plan, you need several (in case this or that happens). This game is about adapting, like I said there are people who can and people who can't adapt. Arena has always been the one source of income you can count on. Why ignore building it then?

Who said anything about only having one long term plan or about ignoring building the arena? I talked about balance between different strategies.

And btw, all the BBs have been trying to do to the economy in the last seasons is exactly to avoid constant changes... so what are you talking about?

Last edited by Newton07 at 7/20/2010 9:09:05 AM

This Post:
152075.29 in reply to 152075.24
Date: 7/20/2010 9:17:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
well as you menshioned before - you would like to have 5 SF. this would be great to have 5 SF with somwhat 120k salary each, but the same reason it is unreasonable. like in real life, there are guys that rebound and defend, there are guys that defend and attack and so on. you don't have to kill the beuty of gathering your kind of style team - I really like to shoot 3pts, so I train guards, my friend trains C's, as he in RL likes to post up and drive, so why should we all have some rediculous idea of SF team? I dont remember someone criticising Shaq about his inability to pass the ball, and yet I cant rememeber LeBron wining championship. so why make this somewhat idylic bb world, where you put you 5 guys, place a 1 on 1 defence and quick attacks? I know best players are those that have secondary skills, bus primary skills do matter and they matter literally a lot

This Post:
152075.30 in reply to 152075.28
Date: 7/20/2010 9:18:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes they have and it just has started to click into place and now when it's near equlibrium you start to complain. Market will always be changing so you need to find
balance
between building arena and training/selling players.
My point about arena was: arena is constant income, selling players is temporary and dependent on the market. There are always multiple tactics, but there is also optimal tactic. If it would not matter which choises you make then this game would not have any meaning at all.

This Post:
152075.31 in reply to 152075.29
Date: 7/20/2010 9:30:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you like guards and train them so high you can't afford to keep them, who is to blame then? Me?
Then you are just stuck with overtrained players that do not have decent market value. Don't get me wrong anyone is free to do what they like with their team, to ask the game to be tweaked just for you is a bit too much.
If I like to watch basketball at small arenas in RL and thus want to keep my arena at 5500 and come here to whine about why I can't get the same income as 20k arena guy, cry out that it's imbalanced, would that be out of line?

This Post:
152075.32 in reply to 152075.31
Date: 7/20/2010 9:48:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I think the game, that is played online, shouldnt have 'the only right way', as it makes almost imposible to catch up

Message deleted
Advertisement