BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > who is the best single player in BB?

who is the best single player in BB?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152222.23 in reply to 152222.16
Date: 9/21/2010 2:30:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i believe so as well. But that would be the cap i believe. My team this next season should be at 250k, i have to get out of div III or i will have to start dumping players.

This Post:
152222.24 in reply to 152222.23
Date: 9/21/2010 2:05:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Dammit, this thread is supposed to be about the best single player in BB.

At one time, I seem to recall that it was this guy: (791088), but then he got married, and it's all been downhill from there.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
152222.25 in reply to 152222.7
Date: 9/21/2010 2:32:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Silves doesn't really have any relevance to the economy. Basically he is an unaffordable player that will be rented out every couple weeks.

But, see, he does.

Every time he's transferred, the "agent's fees" are removed from the BB economy forever. Not counting his salary, in the past two seasons Silva is responsible for removing over $4.6 million in agent's fees from the BB economy. (Assuming an average salary of ~400k the past 2 seasons, he's removed an additional 11 million, though some of that likely comes back in the way of merch revenue, so you can ignore this parenthetical bit here.) The Polish NT center is in a similar boat, and surely there are a few more that could easily be found on the TL.

I'm pretty sure the designer's are not out of control as well. This is a strategy game and you need to make decisions. To support a player like Silves you are going to need a stockpile of money to run through while he is on the roster. If you are a growing team, it is probably best to train players within your economic means.

I agree with most of this. The undesired side-effect of players like Silva, et. al. is that as long as they're on NTs, they can't be fired. If their salaries force a team into bankruptcy, they wind up as FAs on the TL to remove more $$ from the economy.

Also, as long as players like these reign supreme as the choice for NTs, and as long as having NT players is directly related to merch revenue, there will be BB managers who continue to train giant piles of dung like Silva, and the problem exacerbates itself into a Kleenex forever.

The push to change this situation needs to come from NT managers. Yes, I'm looking at you. You are, after all, the guy who said this:
As the U21 manager, I tell people to train these huge salary bigs. As a friend advising people, I would say to train to your competition and your means and not to the U21 standards. I'd steer all my friends away from training a NT-worthy big.

This Post:
152222.27 in reply to 152222.26
Date: 9/21/2010 5:37:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Horrible idea. Then every top team will be a composite of legendary skill monsters.

This Post:
152222.31 in reply to 152222.30
Date: 9/22/2010 11:21:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's good to have a trap like this to weed out the bad managers who buy these type of players. It is a strategy game after all so it should be possible to make mistakes, even catastrophic ones.

That's a fine argument, and I'm not disagreeing with you here. There is a problem though, if you can buy a player like this specifically to win a single Tournament game, and sell him.

Tricking him out for a single game is not only currently possible, but the payment of salaries is such that you could buy a player like this on Tuesday, list him on Wednesday, he plays in your cup match on Thursday, and sells on Saturday without you ever needing to pay his salary.

This Post:
152222.32 in reply to 152222.31
Date: 9/22/2010 11:40:47 AM
New York Jests
IV.30
Overall Posts Rated:
But somebody is paying his salary. So it is still a net loss to the economy. Shrewd manager will take this into account when making the transfer and dumb managers will lose their shirts.

This Post:
152222.33 in reply to 152222.32
Date: 9/22/2010 1:09:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The idiot that buys him on Saturday in the above scenario is the guy who pays his salary. The drain on the economy is pretty limited, as there aren't very many players this ridiculous, and there are still plenty of FAs on the market, so the BBs can't possibly see a problem to the economy from this or any other factor (i.e., more teams investing in scouting this season, etc.).

I think the problem is mostly the Tournament aspect. I suppose a lot more people would feel differently about this subject if it starts happening more often (particularly if these "tricking" expeditions are successful ones).

Advertisement