BB Canada > Congratulations Greerzilla!

Congratulations Greerzilla!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
210302.23 in reply to 210302.14
Date: 2/15/2012 2:49:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
zmtomako was saying it himself that he doesnt want anyone to vote for him, so that leaves ochocinco, and besides greerzila no1 really did anything and i said it in my last post that he deserved it.... im just saying that it shouldnt be so shocking for people like you that he barely won since a lot of managers dont approve of him

To: kpd
This Post:
210302.24 in reply to 210302.23
Date: 2/15/2012 6:46:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I agree with you about the part of not being liked so much, and I'm not knocking Ocho Cinco, he did make it to Naismith so he's a good manager, but he didn't do anything and almost won.

Canada NT Manager
This Post:
210302.25 in reply to 210302.19
Date: 2/15/2012 7:30:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it was just the "perfect storm" of poor events, to be honest. I personally didn't vote... I would have voted for Greerzilla, but I had been waiting to see more in the debate thread before I made it official, just in case someone really wowed me. I simply thought the deadline was 24 hours after it actually was, so it's no ones fault but my own.

With that said:

- Managers forgot, couldn't find, or didn't care about the vote... that's a massive reason behind the turnout, and in my opinion the latter is a much greater cause for concern than the other two.

- Greerzilla, as previously mentioned, did not make a ton of fans during his first term. Granted, I feel a lot of the distaste for him is blown out of proportion and unnecessary, but that explains why so many managers shied away from him.

- Ocho Cinco didn't say much, but he also didn't say what amounted to "I don't want to win this election, I'm just here, don't vote for me" as another candidate did. If you didn't want to win, don't get annoyed when people don't vote for you. Why would anyone want to vote for someone that publicly says they don't want the job?

- New managers. They vote, and they vote blindly... a new season just started so we've got new teams completing that "new manager checklist", and one of the things on it is to vote in the election or in a popularity vote... I guarantee none of them had any idea who they were voting for, and that may show some of the skewed numbers.

- Ocho Cinco has friends in this game, I'm sure. I'm also sure that votes like this end up being popularity contests to some extent, and if your friends stuff the ballot boxes you're in good shape.

Now with all of that said, and with a dozen other factors that I don't have the patience or energy to list, I leave you with this:

It doesn't matter. The guy who should have won did, and we can move on with the coach the majority of us wanted. How much he won by, or who placed is irrelevant. We're in the best position that we could have possibly been in post-election, so who cares if it was by 1 vote or 100. Move on.

Ive Accomplished Nothing Important in this Game. Stop Reading this Message, Now. Like Me, Theres Nothing Important About it.
This Post:
210302.26 in reply to 210302.25
Date: 2/16/2012 2:06:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
lol you can just spell out names, no need to say "as another candidate did"

one would assume i get points for trying to bring out a debate and point out areas of improvement other than just "oh, i dont think greerzilla did a good job"
in all honesty, there was nothing wrong with greerzilla's game besides completely botching the first game and couldve done more on the involvement side

but all i hear are "we're not happy", "dont think he did a good job", etc etc...
who took the time to actually make counter suggestions and ways for him and/or other managers to improve?

no i didnt want to win, but at least i couldve kept the program alive and well enough until the next election
ocho cinco? really? 15 votes?

managers that didnt vote, fine
dont try to make excuses for why ocho cinco won 15 votes because frankly that is unacceptable with regards to the % of votes that he got

i wasn't pointing fingers, it was more rhetorical questions for all to consider

like i said in a previous post, moving on, we need to make sure of the following in the next elections
(if others accept, let's put it as a canadian tradition)
1) remind voters in one of the threads of when the deadline is
2) formulate and pump out standard questions so we dont have people complaining about lack of information to justify voting
3) dont default games so there are no more voting controversies lol

This Post:
210302.27 in reply to 210302.21
Date: 2/17/2012 5:35:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Jeez, no respect!