BB Global (English) > Potential

Potential

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
26308.23 in reply to 26308.21
Date: 4/26/2008 8:37:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can still train them to be better just slower :p And the cap might make people to train shot blocking or handling (rarely used imho) and if you train those up to prominent/prolific some of the other skills might go over the gap.

A centre who has 4 prominents and something else can get a rating of 12 (just a rough number, might be higher)

This Post:
26308.24 in reply to 26308.23
Date: 4/26/2008 7:36:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well ive seen opponents shooters fly up to Marevellous and Prominent seems low for a top 20% player in the game.... lets see....

having said that a 7 x Prominent player might still make my team this time next year!! Lets see!!!

This Post:
26308.25 in reply to 26308.11
Date: 4/28/2008 2:23:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
All i have to say is that the change makes sense and i also agree that we should find out thing for our selfs.

but the only thing i disagree is the fact that the the BB's didn;t mention if the potential cap has an effect on the summ of all relevant skills(for a specific position), or just on a limit for every skill take individual.

meaning:1) a player can have 3 skill proeminent(3*10) ID IS and rebounding because the talent limit is equivalent of proeminent.

or2) he has 2 marvelos skills (2*15) because overall main skill has to be maximum 30(skill levels)....

the 2 options are diffenret taps of caps:1) allows players to be trained in several training types so people would train also complementary skills
2) could have the same effects as 1 but a user could also train a player to legendary inside shot and have jst mediocre defence and rebounding and unable to train further. such a player would be ineffective in a long run because he could get into early foul trouble if the oposition had good inside offence.

This should be straightend out and it's not a secret because people might get stuck into situatin 2) and own one-sided players......

This Post:
26308.26 in reply to 26308.24
Date: 4/28/2008 3:45:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think prominent is a cap for All-Star also... Why? Then the bench warmer's cap would be awful, and that is not real... I think bench warmers will have a cap of respectable / strong, because we already pick them as respectable on draft... It would make no sense that we can't train 18-year old players... I think cap has nothing to do with the skill-color...

This Post:
26308.27 in reply to 26308.26
Date: 4/28/2008 4:18:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the level of potential will not have linear effect for the preferences - on worse preferences than the allstar will be the differences smaller than on better ones...

...for being really happy that you got superstar than "just" perennial allstar..

we will see

This Post:
26308.28 in reply to 26308.26
Date: 4/28/2008 5:17:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think prominent is a cap for All-Star also... Why? Then the bench warmer's cap would be awful, and that is not real... I think bench warmers will have a cap of respectable / strong, because we already pick them as respectable on draft... It would make no sense that we can't train 18-year old players... I think cap has nothing to do with the skill-color...

sign that
in cro NT we have a lot of players with skills over prominent. so that's not the fact. question is can all star player been train in 3 skills till lvl 12? is it possible for centers to become lvl 12 in IS, ID and jump?

vječna dilema, da li je bolje zabiti koš više ili primiti koš manje?
This Post:
26308.29 in reply to 26308.28
Date: 4/28/2008 8:12:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A good thing to remember is that the cap is "soft", i.e. it is possible that even bench warmers can become legendary if trained enough, the only difference being that it would take much longer than for all-time greats.

I do not really believe that it will be technically possible to train a bech warmer to those kind of levels, but there wont be a specific cap (e.g. strong) either.

This Post:
26308.30 in reply to 26308.29
Date: 4/28/2008 9:27:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A good thing to remember is that the cap is "soft", i.e. it is possible that even bench warmers can become legendary if trained enough, the only difference being that it would take much longer than for all-time greats.

I do not really believe that it will be technically possible to train a bech warmer to those kind of levels, but there wont be a specific cap (e.g. strong) either.

Yes, except there will be a cutoff line at which training slows down instantly and considerably.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
26308.31 in reply to 26308.16
Date: 4/30/2008 11:31:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A player's current skill levels and potential are independent. You could have a player with mostly pitiful and awful skills, who has MVP potential. He probably won't get to extremely high levels simply because he won't have a long enough career. Another player might have respectable skils, but bench warmer potential and may already be at his soft cap so that it will be harder for him to improve.

There may be some correlation between skill level and potential, but I do have a draft choice who has 5* skills and 1* potential.

This Post:
26308.32 in reply to 26308.31
Date: 4/30/2008 2:06:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think i might be the only person who really doesnt like this system. a new player could come in and get his few players that are higher than allstar, and drop the rest. then head over the the transfer market and buy up cheap allstars us established players are casting off. this gives them a team with much more potential than what any of us have. i just feel like the game should reward long time players more than it does now.

This Post:
26308.33 in reply to 26308.32
Date: 4/30/2008 8:12:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think i might be the only person who really doesnt like this system. a new player could come in and get his few players that are higher than allstar, and drop the rest. then head over the the transfer market and buy up cheap allstars us established players are casting off. this gives them a team with much more potential than what any of us have. i just feel like the game should reward long time players more than it does now.

Even if this is the case (which i dont believe it is) more established teams have more supporters and therefore as a 'franchise' they should be making more money per week.... if this is true and the transfer market stabilizes then you will be in a better position than any new team to build at the same if not a faster rate than them.

Advertisement