Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
324656.23 in reply to 324656.16
Date: 8/26/2024 3:33:49 AM
Perfidia Myrmidons
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
It makes it really hard for me to want to promote BuzzerBeater via the YouTube channel and X/Twitter when a CM/GM/BB (whatever Alonso's role is now) is consistently trying to ruin the BB-experience. Alonso is creating an unwelcoming, toxic, unsafe, and hateful environment for the BuzzerBeater community and new managers.

This is not the first, second, third, etc. time that Alonso has done things like this either.

The vagueness of his role is a problem as is, which this thread proves, as not all managers will even realize how much influence he has on the game under the new ownership. Alonso's role needs to be clearly denoted and communicated to the BB community and we need to see that he is being held to some sort of standard, especially when he does inexcusable things like this.

I guess most of the active managers could subscribe this message word by word. Even if we don´t consider the "nazism issue", it´s far clear that this guy, Alonso, is constantly subtracting.

It´s also hard to understand how new owners can consider mutism as a solution for all this as it shows such a bad global image, starting by lack of seriousness and a dubious organizational chart in front of a community that is already trembling with the new ownership.

This Post:
324656.24 in reply to 324656.23
Date: 8/26/2024 2:36:40 PM
Todo y Nada
IV.22
Overall Posts Rated:
The combination of "Adolf" "88" and "אדולף" is understandably deeply inappropriate.

As a member of the BB-Team, Alonso holds a position of responsibility, and it’s crucial that these concerns are addressed with transparency.

Even if the intent was to make a joke, such references are not only offensive but also hurtful. It’s important to recognize that it’s not just about intent; it’s about the impact on our community.

This Post:
324656.25 in reply to 324656.24
Date: 8/26/2024 6:53:04 PM
Pupazzia
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Puppets Madness
my 2 cents:

who is not able to stand the freedom of speech of other people should not be on internet.

Nobody is really threatened for real by the word "adolf" or the number 88, and nobody will become nazist for a nickname of player in BB. These request of sanction are only irrational reactions (as in this times we all are teached to... because we are not teached to discuss..)

I laugh at the word "inappropriate", what's wrong if you read something you disagree or something bad? The only way to get a personal opinion is face the reality. You should be grateful when you find a place where you can read something different.

PS: I'm anti fascist. That kind of anti-fascism that still remember regimes first move is always to ban FREE speech.

This Post:
324656.26 in reply to 324656.24
Date: 8/26/2024 7:18:43 PM
Slamador Retrievers
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Labracadabra
Personally I understand its a bad joke, in bad taste but not the end of the world. However, the immaturity and complete arrogance to keep insisting on it trying to be "edgy" by masking it is just completely unacceptable coming from someone who forms part (or say they do) of the staff.

I find it unbelievable that no one from the new ownership addresses this, so I for one will vote with the only thing they have shown to care so far... my wallet.

I for one wont renew my supporter while they keep someone in their staff that acts like a man child antagonizing the community. BB-Marco, please come forward and state what this person's role is, if they hold any, and if they do take immediate action.

This Post:
324656.28 in reply to 324656.25
Date: 8/26/2024 10:11:45 PM
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
PS: I'm anti fascist. That kind of anti-fascism that still remember regimes first move is always to ban FREE speech.

Sounds more like you're a free speech absolutist. Anti-fascists tend to know that in a tolerant society, you must be intolerant to intolerance. We can't just be out there normalizing Nazism.

This Post:
324656.29 in reply to 324656.20
Date: 8/27/2024 3:07:39 AM
C.B Torcal
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Antequera C.B
The fact of just changing the language thinking that we are stupid or something it’s mad. He doesn’t care a bit about the community thinks, for me he should not be involved in anything relative to manage in BB for a second longer. After everything that he has donde in the past, now doing such a disgusting thing and not regretting about it but laught at our faces it’s wild.

For me it’s clear #AlonsoOut

Last edited by Villodres16 at 8/27/2024 4:17:18 AM

This Post:
324656.30 in reply to 324656.29
Date: 8/27/2024 6:56:51 AM
Great Fires
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Fires Academy
If Alonso were not part of the game staff, his 'joke' would bother me, but it would be up to the GMs to decide whether it is sanctionable or not. The problem arises if he is (supposedly) part of the game staff, which would mean that his words represent those of the current owners of BB.

Therefore, if Alonso makes an apology for Nazism, jokingly or not, until there is a clarification from the new staff, I will assume that they do not see anything wrong with this situation and that they are not opposed to the apology for Nazism.

This Post:
324656.31 in reply to 324656.30
Date: 8/27/2024 7:15:31 AM
Súria Lakers
IV.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Súria Lakers II
(https://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/bbstaff.aspx)

What really bothers me is the awkward silence from someone on the BB staff.
No GM has even dared to write anything, but let's not lie... If we were talking about some other manager, this thread would already be closed and everything solved.

I was reading the Discord tonight and there was also an accusation towards Alonso, referring to him advising other managers to buy 34-year-old players at the end of last season, before the implementation of the new age-limit of dropping skills.
No evidence, but also no denial... I'm sure someone in his position wouldn't dare to do this, but it's funny that his name always comes up in every case that doesn't bring anything good to the game; we all here have seen some of his posts in Forums of other countries after playing against Israel.

In the end, it's one action after another, which shouldn't matter, but coming from who it's coming from, it's something that shouldn't happen anymore.

Last edited by LA-Gerard (g3rjo) at 8/27/2024 7:27:15 AM

PKT desde la Temporada 4

Para ver la imagen en mayor tamaño:
(https://i.postimg.cc/mDhxMLDX/e3700169252f336ab3c187ad4773...)
This Post:
324656.32 in reply to 324656.31
Date: 8/27/2024 7:19:03 AM
Great Fires
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Fires Academy
A GM without title in the nickname. The special one.

This Post:
324656.33 in reply to 324656.27
Date: 8/27/2024 8:05:00 AM
Pupazzia
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Puppets Madness
Free speech ≠ speech without consequences

There's a difference between consequences from the government and consequences from the court of public opinion. Freedom of speech protects from government consequences, not public opinion consequences.

If I harass someone and follow them down the street and they record me and I lose my job, that's a consequence. If I make Hitler jokes on the website of the company I work for I'll probably lose my job as well. If I say Alonso is a potato and he should be planted in a field, BB can't put me in jail as a consequence, they can however choose to give me a warning, fine me, or ban me if they feel it is appropriate.

I think this is going to become a political debate, and this is not the right place to have it.

The point about Alonso is this: there are no motivation for sanction, there is no damage done, there is no offense made, there is NOTHING.

Advertisement