BB USA > NFL Talk

NFL Talk

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
220571.24 in reply to 220571.23
Date: 6/22/2012 4:44:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you link me to the fantasy league draft where Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree? I was assuming that we're talking about the NFL, and Crabtree was the #10 in 2009, while Thomas was #22 in 2010, but I suppose that's my fault for assuming you were talking about the actual league and not some fantasy league. ;)

That's right.... Demarius Thomas injured himself, and needed foot surgery.... so he fell to #22 behind Crabtree....

Wow. You're managing to cram an incredible amount of fail in a supremely efficient manner, so congrats to you.

They came out in different seasons. Crabtree was drafted #10 in 2009, while Thomas was #22 in 2010.

And of course, the foot injury thing would have more relevance if it weren't for the fact that Crabtree's draft stock was also hampered by... wait for it... a foot injury!

Anyways, now that you know that there is more to the NFL than just what happens in and around Denver, I hope you learn to enjoy and appreciate the sport.

I have found myself mixing up Crabtree with Dez Bryant....

with your help of course

Last edited by LBJisaCancer at 6/22/2012 4:45:15 PM

This Post:
220571.25 in reply to 220571.22
Date: 6/22/2012 4:50:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you link me to the fantasy league draft where Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree?

Not much of a fantasy football guy are you? I'm guessing this will happen in 80-90% of all fantasy drafts.

This Post:
220571.26 in reply to 220571.24
Date: 6/22/2012 4:54:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I have found myself mixing up Crabtree with Dez Bryant....

with your help of course

Okay, that makes your posts make a lot more sense. I would make a joke about the difficulty telling those Oklahoma State receivers apart, but I don't feel like going on about that. ;)

Anyhow, Thomas isn't an ideal fit for a Manning offense -- but neither would Randy Moss in his prime. Sure, he'd still be great, but Manning really is a guy who looks at the defense and expects the receiver to read it the same way and run the route precisely how Manning expects him to run it, and he'll drop the ball in to him. That's not Thomas' forte and while he certainly will pick up the offense with time, it's not going to be second nature like it was for guys like Harrison, Wayne, Collie, etc.

This Post:
220571.27 in reply to 220571.21
Date: 6/22/2012 4:58:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Decker is Austin Collie or Brandon Stokely or Joe Jurevicius before him. He'll be productive. He won't be Reggie Wayne. And Manning throwing jump balls is a waste of his supreme talent - might as well bring in Jeff George if that's going to be what you hang your hat on, since that a-hole could still lob it up to Randy Moss.

Denver had Brandon Stokely, had him for years. Stokely was behind Eddie Royal in Denver... 2007-09 I believe? Stokely also if I recall had 1000+ yards in 2004, and never more than 700 in any other season. and has less than 5,000 receiving yards in his career... stretching since 1999.

Austin Collie's numbers.... were not *drastically* different without Peyton Manning being there, except for actually finding the endzone. 1 TD obviously much different than 8, or 7. but his yards. getting 9.5 yards per catch instead of 11.2 or 11.3 is not a drastic difference

Edit: past tense.
2nd edit: my point being.
Decker, Thomas were putting up what they did with medicore, and arguable quarterbacks throwing to them. With an elite quarterback... figure... we'll say 2 yards (using collie) more per catch. But they find the endzone more.

Decker already found it a good amount. He may have 15 TDs with Manning and be comparable to Wes Welker (personal opinion, Welker is better). Thomas (injury prone) may put up identical numbers to Larry Fitzgerald. (personal opinion if Thomas wasn't major injury prone, he'd probably not need help to be compared to him, but then he wouldn't have been drafted by Denver either)

and back to the core of this... I still don't fore-see anyone in the AFC West as being complete enough to give the Broncos a problem.

Last edited by LBJisaCancer at 6/22/2012 5:04:24 PM

This Post:
220571.28 in reply to 220571.25
Date: 6/22/2012 5:00:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you link me to the fantasy league draft where Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree?

Not much of a fantasy football guy are you? I'm guessing this will happen in 80-90% of all fantasy drafts.

Sure, if you don't quote the context it is a stupid question. When the original post was me saying that because you claimed Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree in the draft, though, one would hope that an astute reader would catch the nuances of sarcasm. Here's the original post ((220571.21)), and let's see if you can see a slight difference:

Alright starters: [I edited out the Tebow part]
Demarius Thomas was picked ahead of Michael Crabtree, let's not forget that. Just because he'd been hurt while Orton was there... and then had Tebow... just because he hasn't had a QB to throw to him since Georgia Tech, doesn't mean he's far and away worse.

Can you link me to the fantasy league draft where Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree? I was assuming that we're talking about the NFL, and Crabtree was the #10 in 2009, while Thomas was #22 in 2010, but I suppose that's my fault for assuming you were talking about the actual league and not some fantasy league. ;)

I even had the decency to put the winky smiley face to highlight that, though if there's a need I can begin close-captioning my posts for the humor impaired.

This Post:
220571.29 in reply to 220571.28
Date: 6/22/2012 5:06:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Sure, if you don't quote the context it is a stupid question. When the original post was me saying that because you claimed Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree in the draft, though, one would hope that an astute reader would catch the nuances of sarcasm. Here's the original post ((220571.21)), and let's see if you can see a slight difference:

Alright starters: [I edited out the Tebow part]
Demarius Thomas was picked ahead of Michael Crabtree, let's not forget that. Just because he'd been hurt while Orton was there... and then had Tebow... just because he hasn't had a QB to throw to him since Georgia Tech, doesn't mean he's far and away worse.

I even had the decency to put the winky smiley face to highlight that, though if there's a need I can begin close-captioning my posts for the humor impaired.

Sorry, force of habit with the Psych and Sociology degrees. Just taking the parts of samples etc. that are relevant to what results/theory I have/working on and using them. Fun fact: That's why you always take percentages, charts, graphs, and any other information you take with a grain of salt. They are arranged in such a way to benefit the point of the person presenting them.

This Post:
220571.30 in reply to 220571.29
Date: 6/22/2012 8:31:26 PM
Rochester Grizzly Adams
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
No love for the Bills?

This Post:
220571.31 in reply to 220571.29
Date: 6/24/2012 4:19:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Broncos all the way. They are the clear favorites along with the 49ers, Eagles, and Pats.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
220571.33 in reply to 220571.32
Date: 6/30/2012 3:26:38 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
TEXANS

EAGLES

SUPER BOWL XLVII

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
220571.34 in reply to 220571.32
Date: 6/30/2012 3:59:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Broncos are a joke, there's no way after a blue million neck surgeries that Manning will make it through the season with 340 lb. monsters chasing him around all day. If he miraculously somehow plays the season injury free there's still the full season of not playing to deal with, they might make the playoffs in a really weak division but it won't solely because of Manning. Oh yeah, the 49ers are gonna win the Superbowl.

Dude, they made the playoffs last year with TIM TEBOW....

Their Defense, won them a football game where they completed 2 passes total.

Their O-line had 2 pro-bowlers, and 2 more guys whom were solid, and managed to protect a quarterback who was getting hit 30-50 times a game. You're telling me Manning, whom, will likely get hit 5 or less times a game. Is less of a risk for injury than Tebow?

Also, you're telling me everyone, that Tebow, and an offense that 98% of the time was a run play and you knew it was coming, was able to win enough games to make playoffs. But a Peyton Manning offense, on a team that runs the ball well, and has a very solid defense, will not manage it?

That's the joke right there. Taking a full season off and coming back to play quarterback... not as hard as you think. If Palmer could do it without training camps and OTAs. Then I like Manning's chances with them...

Advertisement