BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.245 in reply to 129389.244
Date: 1/30/2010 8:04:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But u said it all in your message you said it indrectly you think that in the future the small countrys will remain small and bigger will remain bigger?...

I think its an assumption you can safely make. My point was that new managers to small countries dont consider the implications or advantages they might have over users in large countries. They only compare their situation with domestic rivals.

Also, little things that we take for granted like knowing the rules and how we like to build players, team ratings now rendered pretty much useless. As a new manager you rely on the rules and information like this and unless you spend time sifting through the forums it will take you a while to realise these guides that you have relied on to start building your franchise if taken as gospel may lead you to lose heart when you find out they are no longer accurate. This is just one example... but my concern is keeping new managers in the game and this is not just going to happen by altering the economics.

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 1/30/2010 8:04:42 PM

This Post:
129389.246 in reply to 129389.245
Date: 1/30/2010 9:58:38 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Okay, I made noise early in this discussion and it's really gone in a few directions. Time for me to add another bit (of sound logic) to this discussion again.

If we recognize that there is a competitive imbalance between divisions in the same the country, and that the imbalance is largely due to income differences (profit margins are bigger in higher divisions), then having small countries with only high divisions (i.e. nothing lower than D.II, or maybe D.III) makes the gap between divisions in countries with more teams larger. here's how:

If all D.I teams average a net profit of, say, $160k per week, and D.II teams average, say, $110k per week, and lower divisions are $75k per week or lower, then every week in a season the gap in bank accounts of teams in each division widens. Now when teams go to spend on players on the TL, the teams making more money will drive up the market. That's fine for the teams in the higher divisions since from country to country, the net profit is relatively the same (yeah, countries with more teams may make a tad more due to TV and merchandise, but this is somewhat offset by the typically slightly lower salaries of teams in countries with fewer teams). However, if there is a high percentage of teams at the D.I level all making the same incomes, which happens with so many counties with only a handful of teams, then any team in D.III or lower has that much of a harder time tying to buy players to be competitive enough to possibly compete in a higher division one day.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
129389.247 in reply to 129389.246
Date: 1/30/2010 10:45:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
However, if there is a high percentage of teams at the D.I level all making the same incomes, which happens with so many counties with only a handful of teams, then any team in D.III or lower has that much of a harder time tying to buy players to be competitive enough to possibly compete in a higher division one day.

One thing that is not being mentioned here is that weekly income is only one component of your income. Training players and selling them is another huge source of income and you can do this quite easily whether you are in division IV or division I (the difference between a level 4 and 6 trainer is really small, regardless of what some people would have you believe).

If you look at my team, my best player is one that I trained myself, I would have to pay a tidy sum to get him on the transfer market. Actually, I'm pretty sure a player with his skill set would only come once a season on the TL, if that.

My last thought on the matter. I wanted to buy a really high level trainee at the start of this season. For my first target, I was outbid (3 million+) by a manager from the US, my 2nd target I was outbid by a German manager, my 3rd target an Italian... Did I start a complaint thread? No, I just looked deeper on the TL until I found the right option.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager

This Post:
129389.251 in reply to 129389.250
Date: 1/31/2010 5:56:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yo have explained very good your position. But I think that the complaints are about the incomes, and not about the interenational competitions.

The B3 is only one point where we can see the problem. Is the B3 fair? Well, as you said, this only affects only the 0'2% of the people, so it isn't a big problem. Maybe it could be diferent, with another design (there are some proposals about previous matches for little countries... ) but I am with you: it's a small problem.

We are getting worried about the incomes in the little countries. In a big country it's not easy to find something like this:

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/59283/transferhistory.as...
(sorry, somdetsfinets, but you were the first example I found)

This Post:
129389.252 in reply to 129389.241
Date: 1/31/2010 6:05:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
do u think i'll have the same economy power, lower or higher?

Everyone in your league will be competing under the same conditions, the $200,000 players will win you nothing in B3, and as soon as you start catching up in players, you'll lose your saving ability. And yes, in the process you will have better ability to buy players off the market, which is natural and expected.

the 200k players can't win the 3b?

i'll win with 30k players? -.-

however, i only marked the economic point, the 3b is a consequence

Last edited by ÐΞﮎ@þiﮎA at 1/31/2010 6:26:08 AM

To: MOS
This Post:
129389.253 in reply to 129389.251
Date: 1/31/2010 6:05:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In your own League there is a team with a similar transfer history:

(25841)

The reason why Gachai have such a transfer history is not because they come from a small country, its because they have been a top League team since Season 3. Granada Stars have been in the Spanish Top League also since Season 3.

Another example: (22807)

Has been in the NBBA since Season 2.

The difference between a team like yours and Gachai is that you have had to battle from the fifth League to get to the top while Gachai had a team created in the top League.

This Post:
129389.254 in reply to 129389.250
Date: 1/31/2010 6:18:48 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
2) We want to ensure that the top division in Japan will be competitive, and that a new team does not feel they will never be able to compete.

i'm very interested in this. is this happening with success? or the number of users in small nations is not growing as expected?

by your numbers, i read that 41 BB-nations out of 96 stil have less than 100 users. what were the numbers last year?

This Post:
129389.255 in reply to 129389.254
Date: 1/31/2010 7:10:14 AM
T_Wolves
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
2) We want to ensure that the top division in Japan will be competitive, and that a new team does not feel they will never be able to compete.

This is a nice problem! Measures taken now seem clearly failing in its goal. Always taking the example of Japan, the competitiveness issue is simple in my opinion be read: as long as there is someone who can afford a stadium huge and full more huge because to win every game easily, the situation will not change.
We have a ceiling to the stadium box office on the basis of competitiveness of the league. The gap in earnings in the series tapers and the series overall growth and levels all.

Più Ban? Yes, You can
Advertisement