This Post:
275254.247 in reply to 275254.246
Date: 5/22/2017 1:30:34 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
For 38 minutes, we were in the next round. Until the beginning of the last quarter our team lead the game with up to 10 points. But during the last quarter the home court advantage held the belarussian defense up.
Playing without Tjädermo (transfer) and Birgersson (still on the list, perfect for scouting), a new solution was needed.
Säfen played like always. Fredriksson switched to SF (12-17 FG was a success) and defended the PG. Sunnesson was the opposite part of Fredriksson and had some problems with his still stronger opponents. Two of our blockers formed the defense inside the paint and Gijon had 6 blocks. The belarussian FG was quite low and from the defensive end we were great.
This season was a nailbiter. Most of the games were tight ones. Todays game was no exclusion. From our current status, we have a really unfortunate position. Strong enough to win against the bigger nations if they make a mistake. This leads to games like today. Belarus played with some effort, despite having the home court advantage. In my opinion, this one fact was responsible for their win. If they played with less effort, they lose. On the other hand we are still not so frightening that weaker teams tank against us. They see an opportunity to crunsh or get us in some ways. So currently we fight to two sights and this is sometimes really troublesome.

For the next couple of weeks, I will play with different line ups and try to involve all the young ones.

This Post:
275254.248 in reply to 275254.247
Date: 5/23/2017 11:29:57 AM
Hårdboll
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Hugs and well done sir!

This Post:
275254.249 in reply to 275254.248
Date: 5/26/2017 2:00:21 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
On monday we will play against Danmark. I thought about testing a "back up plan" for our inside players. Westerlund, Lagerhall, Danielsson and Dehllund will be our big quarttet.
With an aging Tjädermo we have to rely more on the younger guys, so why don't we run a completly young line up? ;)

Last edited by Nachtmahr at 5/26/2017 2:00:42 PM

This Post:
275254.250 in reply to 275254.249
Date: 6/5/2017 2:59:23 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
The last two games were test against Danmark and Latvija.

vs. Danmark:
We played without our two inside pillars Birgersson and Tjädermo. And I switched the PG and SF spot again.
For our inside game, Danielsson and Westerlund were the choosen players. They are quite far in their development and can already play as starters. Unfortunately there is still a gap two our main guys. Nonetheless Danielsson and Westerlund played well. The problem was more on the defense end, but they are young and still training.
Fredriksson show some interessting aspects as a SF. But the positive aspects bring some negative points with it: the PG position is weakend. In the end we lost in a tight game with 92:98 but it was an important test for the current status.

vs. Latvija:
Learning from the errors from last week, Fredriksson was back as PG and Sunesson started as SF. On the SF side it was very successful. Sunesson finished as the topscorer of the game and had a nice FG%. For Fredriksson it was more or less a hard game and his back up Smol had to finish the game and left a strong impression.
Westerlund took a step back and Tjädermo came back as the PF. He and Danielsson finished both with a 17/11 stat line and were supported by two unleashed bigs (Birgersson and Westerlund) from the bench. These four had less problems against the high paid bigs from Latvija than expected.

For the next weeks I plan to keep this tests going. With all the new players and the weekly changing skills (thank you guys for all the ups ) it's still somehow a gamble with our team. They have strong runs but also break down for several minutes.

I would ask you a favour: please train 1 or 2 weeks stamina or free throw in the offseason. Stamina 6 and Free throw 8 would be a nice foundation for the NT. Just as a guide line for the next seasons. Some players are already beyond this and I take it gladly

This Post:
275254.251 in reply to 275254.250
Date: 6/6/2017 3:44:09 PM
Glaskulans IF
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
How to train Stefan Lövlind in offseason?

He have his stamina 5 and free throw 3?

This Post:
275254.253 in reply to 275254.252
Date: 6/7/2017 9:12:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
every tips you can give how to train Bjarne Dehllund would be good, i will train him like you want

This Post:
275254.254 in reply to 275254.253
Date: 6/7/2017 11:36:55 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Dehllund is almost at his cap (93-100%), so you have to train him with some caution.
What I would take is:

Rebound until he has 1 Up.
Than ID until he has 1 Up. (maybe you can get this up already with the rebound training)
With this he will be with 96-100% at his cap.
And just to push him a little bit further, go for 1 vs. 1 Forwards for as long as it takes to get 1 IS up.

After that a couple weeks of stamina and free throw would be great. Defense players like your Dehllund need more stamina to maintain their high defense value than the other types of players.

This Post:
275254.255 in reply to 275254.254
Date: 6/7/2017 6:26:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ok thanks, will focus on it

This Post:
275254.256 in reply to 275254.255
Date: 6/27/2017 2:48:41 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Thanks for voting guys.

Until the weekend I will write down and post an overview about our players and opponents for this season. I have to scout some teams...

This Post:
275254.257 in reply to 275254.256
Date: 7/2/2017 6:15:20 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
The european championship starts tomorrow. Portugal is the host and we play in group D.
In Europe, the level of competition is quite harsh and there are a lot of teams which are more or less on the same level. Our group is no exception.

1) vs. Lietuva
We play against the strongest team first. Lithuania is currently the third ranked team in Europe and the have a frontcourt of three 200k+ bigs. If this wasn't enough, their backcourt and bank has enough players to fill at least two teams. This team is the clear favorite for first place and the real deal will be the second place behind them.

2) vs. Nederland
The Netherlands were in the second bowl and will be one of the hardest competitors for second place. They have a balanced team and it will take an almost perfect game from our side to beat them. The scrimmage from the start of the season was just a no defense game. This one will be on a completly different level.

3) vs. Bosnia i Hercegovina
Bosnia has an extremly strong frontcourt. Three bigs with 200k+ and two more at almost 200k salary. Judging by their frontcourt, they could even compete with Lithuania. This is another potential second place hunter.

4) vs. Bulgaria
Managed by the two time reigning BBB Champion, Bulgaria has a team in its prime. Like us, they have a wide range where they can end up.

5) vs. Albania
Albania has a weaker team than we do and if we want a shot high rank, we will have to beat them.

6) vs. Wales
Same goes for Wales. We are the favourite in this game and no matter what, we have to win it.

7) vs. Georgia
The last game is against Georgia. In my opinion a very dangerous team. On of the best guards in this game is from Georgia and he has a really good supporting cast around him. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat some of the other higer ranked teams.

So to summerize the situation in our group:
- Lithuania is the favourite
- The Netherlands and Bosnia are the most propable teams to secured second place
- we, Bulgaria and Georgia are the pursuers and could have a shot at second place
- Wales and Albania will be the deceiding factors if the other teams end up with the same win-lose ratio

So for us, from second to sixth place everything is possible. It's a really wide range every game day could shake the standings. Like I said the level of competition is balanced and small things will deceide who will win.

Last edited by Nachtmahr at 7/2/2017 10:36:30 AM

Advertisement