322273.25 in reply to 322273.24
Date: 1/17/2024 5:06:36 AM
The Defenders
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The D-fenders
follow up
i want yto say also congrats for giving the option to choose venue. for b3 it s more useful to simulate with neutral. for league finals and PO obviously it s useful to see how you fare, as the difference between HC and away is extermly big.

[!] pay attention when using tokens. tokens are per user, not per team. so if you have utopia you don t have extra tokens. you get to choose where to use them but they are limited.

so. if you want to check in advance the opponent, here is what info i have gathered.

impossible level (50081) Alley-Oop Allstars as mentioned. max GS
tough (50110) rim rockers all strong GS
medium (50067) Triple Threat Tornados
easy level (50074) Dribble Dazzle new info. GS is 7 and 8. very realistic :-)

also rest assured players cannot be scouted by NT, i tried

To: Otis
This Post:
322273.26 in reply to 322273.24
Date: 1/17/2024 11:27:49 PM
Asingratitos BC
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
someone said that the IDs are not random enough. i want to politely state that if someone is desperate enough to check let s say 1000 games to see how you played, be it even as top tier b3 challanger, then you shoudl be more worried about their ambition rather than decisions. i've stopped playing PL to avoid being overexposed. just want to mention that tinkering with this would be unnnessary.

I completely agree that the ideal format of these pickup games would be invisible but optionally shareable.

I don't agree that the current implementation achieves that and I don't think that it makes sense to dismiss the issue on the grounds that somebody would have to be desperate to take advantage of that.

With the use of the official BBApi it would be fairly easy for a good B3 team to get some advantage against the competition by aggregating such matches. I have not tried that, but if the boxscore endpoint allows pickup game match_ids, it doesn't take much imagination to see how this could be abused. Why not safeguard the game against such practices?

B3 and I.1 teams are probably getting a few challenges from lower level teams. Should these teams treat these games as free practice, or should they be cautious? I think it would be better if they could treat it as free practice.

This Post:
322273.27 in reply to 322273.26
Date: 1/18/2024 2:43:37 AM
The Defenders
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The D-fenders
not to belittle your argument, but....at NT level you have no ideea how many nations just gave up on replicating the tool due to the effort. out of 200 NT +u21 total i would say that maybe noit even 30 used a substitute tool, similar to what you are describing with BBApi.

lastly, this is not a secret game. you have so many datapoints regarding good players and good teams. if some one is truly desperate they would gather better information trying to mine the transferlist (which i know, does not mean alot if the best teams grow their player themselves) or just hack the specific teams account. i am not debating what is best in absolute terms but in limited practical terms as we are playing a free game on a platform that does not allow paytoplay. as a result of limited cashflow i would encourgage the good results...with limited effort.

if i am mistaken and your request is easy to impliment, then i support your ideea, otherwise it s just sharing of opinions.

personally i think the resources of the BB can be used better. apperently the community wanted apps, i still believe doing a merch store with physical memorabilia would allow for better ROI. etc etc.

lastly, i don t engage at all with challanges from users. unless we are friends to decide what we experiment, i just showcase my defence while the other just plays random offense. that is why i stopped playing PL.