Show messages by
This Post:
7590.26 in reply to 7590.25
Date: 1/1/2008 10:59:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
correct.
In real life.

However this is a game.

I read somewhere that in order to be succesfull in Hattrick (soccer manager game) you should forget all you know about soccer, and just play by the info you get from the rules and experienced players.

I think the same goes here...

I must say I don't know anything about soccer, and have the game quite under control.
I don't know anything about basketbal taktics either, and so far I had no real surprising results.
Maybe it's my luck that I know so little about the sports, so I have to play by the info I have from the game itself...
I DO love basketbal however and should the bring NBA to our TV I would defenatly watch it. The game I saw about 15 years ago between Sacramoento Kings and Phoenix Suns was defenatly the best sportswatching experience in my whole life!

I think in this game, as in all other managers games, we need to be able to let go of the reality we know, and start using the things that are offered, whatever they are, in order to be as succesfull as possible.
It is good to improve though, and I as well would find it nice to be able to train what we want, as I said before. However I'm still not convinced it would be in the best interest of the game itself overall, and for everyone playing it...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
7590.27 in reply to 7590.26
Date: 1/1/2008 1:04:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it would work if we were given stats on what the whole community was trading..

if 0.4% were training Shot blocking for PG's and 0.7% of teams were training Centers on Outside defence vs 15% Centres training rebounding and 15% PG's training Outside defence - this would prevent newbies or people with no BB knowledge (me!) not set up useless training regimes...

If as it is rumoured that more rounded players will perform better and train faster then i'd be surprised if we all didnt have a player or 2 that could do with a boost somewhere to help this rounding process..

This Post:
7590.28 in reply to 7590.27
Date: 1/1/2008 1:12:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes I read that a few times as well, that more rounded players train faster.
However I am not convinced that it is true yet... It is not in the rules, not that I know of anyway.

What is true (since it is in the rules) is that players who fit a certain position (and thereby have either height or skills to play that position) would train faster in the skills they use most, and if the other often used skills they have are high, they train faster in the skill you are training. (this is if you train blocking, a bigger guy trains faster, and also a guy with good rebounding and inside D skills trains blocking faster as well)

I can't find that a player with atrocious shotrange, would train less fast in blocking, then a player with respectable would, if all other skills would be respectable as well...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
7590.29 in reply to 7590.28
Date: 6/20/2008 8:27:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
One problem with people who say "just use the scrimmage" is how minutes affect gameshape. Isn't 91+ the cutoff where a player goes from a good gain to a loss? I'll throw my 2c in and say let us train any 1/2 positions or the whole team in anything.

This Post:
7590.30 in reply to 7590.29
Date: 11/6/2009 1:11:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have seen this thread now so I decided (maybe a little late) to give you my suggestions...
many of them may be same as they are now
Team Training
Game Shape
Free Throws
Stamina

Pressure
PG
SG
Guards
Wingmen
Team

Shot Blocking
C
PF
C/PF
PF/SF
Team

Inside Defence
C
PF
C/PF
PF/SF
Team

Rebounding
C
PF
C/PF
Team

Inside Scoring

C
PF
C/PF
PF/SF
Team

One on One
(For me the best training)
SG
SF
Wingmen
Guards
Forwards
Team

Outside Shooting
SG
Guards
Wingmen
Team

Jump Shot
SG
SF
Guards
Wingmen
Team

Ball Handling
PG
Guards
Wingmen
Team

Passes
PG
Guards
Team

This Post:
7590.31 in reply to 7590.30
Date: 11/6/2009 8:28:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I highly disagree, your scheme of training makes it far to easy. Training is suppose to be a bit of a challenge.

This Post:
7590.32 in reply to 7590.31
Date: 11/7/2009 3:12:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, but this way, a PF will never get an individual training (except from playing him Center, in which position he may do not be so good)

This Post:
7590.33 in reply to 7590.32
Date: 11/7/2009 3:52:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Consider yourself blessed if that is your biggest training problem. Try training SF's. That's what I do. Still I would not have the training system in any other way. The higher price you can get on PL for a well developed SF should reflect the extra effort that goes into training them. I think the things that make you take tough choices is what makes BB appealing.

This Post:
7590.34 in reply to 7590.33
Date: 11/7/2009 4:01:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I train Centers and Point Guards (one week C's the other PG's) but what if I buy a tall 18-year-old rookie with better outside skills (Point Forward). He will not be able to play Center, but he is still good and trainable...

This Post:
7590.35 in reply to 7590.34
Date: 11/7/2009 4:20:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that is a smart way to train. Even if it takes a little longer to get the primary skills up than if he were better in inside to begin with, it is a faster way to train a tall PF, since he excels quicker in inside training forms, and you don't have to spend so much time training the (for him) slower outside training methods.

In the beginning you may have a challenge fitting him into games with hard competition, but it always takes time for a new player to become good.

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 11/7/2009 4:23:31 AM

This Post:
7590.36 in reply to 7590.35
Date: 11/7/2009 4:24:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And this is what I'm planning to do with a player at the end of the season... but, with the current training programm is a bit difficult...

Advertisement