BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > BB is growing...and so is the BB Team!

BB is growing...and so is the BB Team!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
130305.28 in reply to 130305.27
Date: 2/4/2010 9:27:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

So my point - are you going to allow teams to cash in on 1 player (lets say $5-6mil guy) and then let them use that as operating revenue ie. $400k per week to finance their success (albeit short term) or do you see benefits in capping team salaries to a percentage of arena/team revenue?

Teams certainly have the option of using up long-term assets to finance short-term success. This is a good thing from several points of view for long-term balance. I would hope that if one team in a top division does this, it might spur the others to do the same -- after all, you only get so many chances to win a top division, right? So it produces an arms race that has the short-term effect of a competitive game and the long-term effect of top teams burning assets and letting others catch up. Good for competitive balance, right?

Ahh.... nice..... makes a lot of sense... lets all go stockpile some cash!!

I hear you on the salaries but to watch untrained players go up 15% is a bit harsh... sure mono-skilled players seem to be gaining less interest these days but now the top end of the skills range (phenomenal +) start to look pretty alien... it would be nice to have a viable reason to build a real multi skilled monster!

monoskilled players are good when u play against bot.
when u have some user to play against (in order of 3/4, eh :P) u will have some problem.

it's funny u are realizing it in these days :D

Last edited by ÐΞﮎ@þiﮎA at 2/4/2010 9:48:33 PM

This Post:
130305.29 in reply to 130305.28
Date: 2/4/2010 9:47:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hear you on the salaries but to watch untrained players go up 15% is a bit harsh...

I totally agree with him.

I've read from you(and others BB) that you're idea of a good training is that one that allows the player to be a perfect multi-skilled player. We all know that bb managers still train young monsters(im just referring to C/PF) and they are mono-skilled players with a lack of secundary skills. When they have a high salary most of the times they are sold to new teams who stop training them. So with the new economic rules you are preparing, the managers who are paying the high salarys of this big mans are going to be '' punished'' when they dindt train that players and if their salary is higher that doesnt mean they will train them.

If now we dont see that players with a high salary arriving to their maximum potential the main reason is because their managers cant afford more pop-ups or they are planning to sell them in a short term. As a nt coach i know the situation of some players(from my country) and with the new rule i imagine they are going to be in the TL most of the time.

Also this will affect to others managers that for a while trained his drafted star player to a lets say 100k-150k salary or more and stopped training him because they dindt want to sell him. Whats gonna happen now? They will have to sell it because there wont be any way to keep them on their team and im referring to managers from DIII-IV.

I see this rule as an indirect for all of us to train in the way that BB's want(and im not saying if its good or bad). This new rule is totally out of sense as i see it, for those players that had a bad training now is late to ''fix'' them and rising their salarys is not the solution. However if you wanna have a multi-skilled player reaching his salary/potential lets say legendary or historic it has to be done with mono-skilled trainings...

Last edited by Marot at 2/4/2010 9:48:42 PM

This Post:
130305.30 in reply to 130305.28
Date: 2/4/2010 10:59:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think we might share different opinions on what makes a real multi-skilled monster!

Im not talking about a guy with a bunch of Prof-Prolific and a couple of Sens/Trem. Im talking about a 6xMarvellous + with Prom-Prolific wherever else its possible.

This Post:
130305.31 in reply to 130305.30
Date: 2/5/2010 7:57:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think we might share different opinions on what makes a real multi-skilled monster!

Im not talking about a guy with a bunch of Prof-Prolific and a couple of Sens/Trem. Im talking about a 6xMarvellous + with Prom-Prolific wherever else its possible.

Do you really have or do you really have ever seen in BB a player with 6 Marvellous and some others prolific skills?I would to congratulate with this player trainee,I tried to create a similar player but training for seasons and season I cannot do it.
But are you sure that tou have seeen him,or you dreamed it?

This Post:
130305.33 in reply to 130305.30
Date: 2/5/2010 8:09:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

i was thinking u are playing with some 10 in is and 5 in the other skills, a 12 in js and 4 in the other skills and something like that.

I think we might share different opinions on my message.

i was kidding u.

This Post:
130305.34 in reply to 130305.33
Date: 2/5/2010 8:46:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
6xMarvellous with other skills has to be achievable if you are planning to train to 26. Trouble is if you've gon to that much trouble to train the guy why on earth would you want to sell him! He'd surely retire with you too....

Admittedly these players are tough but they will exist I'm sure. If someone gets a buzz out of training FT's to Legendary ++++ or RB to Legendary++++ imagine the buzz you'd get even if it took to 28yo to show off a 6xMarvellous with Prominent and above in all other skills (except SB of course:D)

This Post:
130305.35 in reply to 130305.34
Date: 2/5/2010 9:30:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If someone train FT's to Legendary+++++++,simply is not a well trainer,and it doens't mean that someone had the economic disponiblility(talk me about the salry of this monster),the will or also the possibility to train a similar player
If you don't konw about the existence of these kind of players,or also if exist one(as the Lochness Monster),why is it the only in BB...htere will be a reason ;D

This Post:
130305.37 in reply to 130305.36
Date: 2/6/2010 3:59:14 AM
The In Your Face Dunkers
IV.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Any idea about potential cap? Does increase of salary can slow down training afer this season? Or it's just an extra payment and that's it. It's quite important if you're just under the cap and still want to add some secondaries next season.

Advertisement