Suggestions > Deleting Team

Deleting Team

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
162105.28 in reply to 162105.27
Date: 10/28/2010 2:17:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me put it another way, in the hopes we can meet on a common ground. I'd hate to bring in politics to this discussion because we all know politics and an internet forum don't mix (unless of course, it's a politics forum :)), but we're having a similar debate in this country right now regarding entitlements. I'm of the opinion that our tax payer dollars are better spent by doing things to help people improve themselves, not by giving them handouts through no effort of their own. To draw the parallel, providing players a reset option is the equivalent of a handout. Wouldn't the BB's efforts be better spent by developing ways to break the new player into the game and letting him learn as he goes? Or do you think their time and effort is better spent in coding a reset option that's fair to everyone and eliminates most if not all possibilities for abuse? I believe a step by step guide, unlocking different features in the game, would serve to teach the new player how to be successful and avoid those dreaded new player mistakes.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm not being closed-minded. I get what you're saying. And I think this has been an excellent debate with both sides being well represented. I'm not saying people don't make mistakes, I'm saying you can learn from them without having to reset. I'm not saying people who make mistakes should be left to fend for themselves and quit, I'm saying there are other ways to teach them about the game without giving them a lazy reset button.

Last edited by ShootingStars at 10/28/2010 2:25:39 PM

To: red
This Post:
162105.29 in reply to 162105.27
Date: 10/28/2010 2:18:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
how to do everything optimally.
Everything is not supposed to be perfect. Do you understand that you are trying to implement a bailout button. If the game get's a bit hard, use it. People learn by making mistakes and living with the consequences. Smarter guys read the forums and rules first and try to learn from other peoples mistakes.
Ok let's say new players get in trouble. They actually start looking for answers and write in the forums. That is exactly what we need, don't you agree? Tutoring them how to manage the situation is exactly what it should be about. I'm pretty sure many of them just bought some players have no left over cash, but still want to add players. They are impatient and think they have made the biggest mistake. Everything takes time in this game. This should be their first lesson. Without those managers coming in the forums, they will just use the reset button, spend the money again and with one reset used still come to the forum for help or just quits. Nothing really changes.
Even having negative balance in divV or divIV and all bad players, you can salvage a team selling/retireing all bad players, releasing staff, earning profit for a few weeks, getting some players for 1-10k transfer fee and still win games against bots. This can be done in less than 6 weeks. I guarantee you. What you need is forums and reading some game rules, if that takes a team near bankruptcy for a manager to do it, then better late than never. No amount of resets (atleast not that one) will help him to understand what he did wrong and how to avoid it in the future.

This Post:
162105.32 in reply to 162105.31
Date: 10/28/2010 5:12:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Stop being emotional now.
and offering little to no insight or helpful suggestions.
You are a bit offbase here. I have suggested number of things and supported good suggestions that are improvements to the game. The problem is that there are a few good suggestions and a lot of bad suggestions (like this one). To me it seems you are trying to fix something that is not broken. Like I said in posts above this creates more problems than it fixes. You don't have to pay attention any more, you have the fix it button, don't like your players, fix it button, think you made a bad deal on the market, fix it button, etc. What next, you can take back bids on players? Seriously guys who just throw a lineup out there to see if they can win, will start to lose as soon as they face human players. What happens then, make the "casual" players win just to keep them in the game?
Wasn't forum posting one of the checklist assignements? I'm pretty confident that most of the Estonian userbase is reading the forums. Atleast first 3 divisions of Estonian leagues have posted more than once in the forums (even some div IV managers are posting constantly in estonian help forum asking questions).

This Post:
162105.33 in reply to 162105.31
Date: 10/28/2010 7:25:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
quwation what is when the mistake is to delete the team, is their a relaunch button too or will <ou loose all those managers ;)

And i still want to see the big example of what you make wrong, which you can not catch up in nearly the same time you broken it.

This Post:
162105.35 in reply to 162105.34
Date: 10/28/2010 11:11:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its ok, I completely understand this isnt the best suggestion, and probably not even a good one.

To be fair, it's not so much that your suggestion isn't good, but rather that there are differing opinions of how to address the issue you brought up. And had you not made your suggestion to begin with, this entire discussion probably wouldn't have taken place. :)

This Post:
162105.36 in reply to 162105.34
Date: 10/29/2010 4:19:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And to crazyeye, ill address the second part because I have literally no idea what the first part means. Again, looking at what i said, I already said I personally, see no situation that I could have put myself in when starting my team that would hinder me from catching up in a reasonable amount of time. But, ive also said, I dont think every manager can/does this. The point is not that its possible or not, because it is possible to catch up quite quickly, the point is users who start bad, and arent super active users, dont want to continue knowing they are 'behind' and not knowing whats going on.

the first part means, that people delete their teams because they recognize that they paid 50k to much for a player, and then saw that they miss scouting point, their income they already made and quit becuase of the delete option - because deleting after an failure would be pretty often the bigger failur then fixing it at the team.

So you won't have an increase in users, maybe you even loose more :) Or people who start and see that option, at least for me, it would be an big "-" when i start, when i play a long term game where i could die that fast that you need that(even when you normally don't die). Maybe you buy some seats to early, but if you don't give up you find them usefull pretty soon etc.