BB USA > The Orange Times

The Orange Times

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
228414.28 in reply to 228414.27
Date: 11/18/2012 9:56:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do this because my league has no other active managers and I thought this would be a fun way to be a part of the community and give my team an identity.

My problem was never with McCoys idea, but the fact that he insisted that people should read no other papers outside of his. I think it's a great idea and he has since apologized for the way he acted so it's all good.

I completely understand that you aren't interested in my team, but I did this in the hope that others in the community would enjoy the idea of having a team outside of theirs to cheer for as "America's Team." If you aren't interested that's completely ok. Not everyone is a Yankees fan either ;)

This Post:
228414.29 in reply to 228414.28
Date: 11/26/2012 5:13:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Draft Results!

The draft is over and done with and the Orangemen have walked out with a new prospect to add to the fold. 6'2" guard Hud Luther was taken in the first round by Syracuse. The 18 year old out of UCLA will combine with Charlie Figueroa to form one of the most exciting young backcourts in the league. Boeheim commented on the new acquisition:

"Well we definitely had our eyes on Luther from the start. We were sort of suprised he fell to us. I am excited to get him and Figueroa out there together and see what they can do."

Luther, Figueroa, and SF Davis Miller will all be new faces in the Orangemen starting lineup, which projects to be much improved from last year. How much improved remains to be seen. However if the three newcomers can find some chemistry early on, ths could be a dark-horse contender in a league looking for a real front-runner.

This Post:
228414.30 in reply to 228414.29
Date: 11/26/2012 5:42:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Interesting that a Big East team would draft a kid out of the Pac-12. ;)

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
Message deleted
This Post:
228414.32 in reply to 228414.30
Date: 11/26/2012 5:53:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My reasoning behind that was that only a Californian would name their child "Hud" lol

This Post:
228414.33 in reply to 228414.32
Date: 11/27/2012 5:28:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Season 22 Preview

As the Orangemen prepare for their season opener on the road against the WWIAFTM, the Orange Times is here to bring you an idea of who to watch and what to expect from this season.

Players to Watch

Davis Miller
In his first season back home with the Orangemen, the 6'2" swingman will be expected to shoulder the offensive load, and be a floor leader on a team lacking much veteran leadership. After years as a role player, he has been given the reins to this team and it will be interesting to see how he handles the spotlight. He is a good shooter, but can get to the basket, which bodes well for a guy that is going to be expected to take 20-25 shots a night.

Charlie Figueroa
The highly touted 19 year old was acquired late last season, but only practiced with the team during the relegation series for eligibility reasons. How he develops this season will be a big factor in the success of this team. He has worked hard this offseason to improve his defense and passing. He has the potential to be a big time scorer, but this staff will be pleased if he takes care of the ball and defends.

Hud Luther
The first round draft pick will be thrust immediately into a major role on this squad. He will share the scoring load with Figueroa out of the backcourt. Which of them will run the point has yet to be decided, but we expect to see a heavy dose of Luther handling the ball. Best case scenario? He gels with Figueroa and the Orangemen end up with a sort of Tony Parker/Manu Ginobli 1-2 punch on the perimeter. Worst case? Both players flop, Miller is forced to score 35 a night, and the Orangemen struggle to top .500

Overall Outlook
The front office has gone all-in on young talent. It will take some time to develop, but just ask the Oklahoma City Thunder about the benefits of stockpilingyoung talent and allowing it to develop. On the other hand, theres always a risk involved with these dynamic, unproven players (Portland Trailblazers). Only time will tell how the bold strategy works out.

Prediction
An explosive, but at times inconsistent offense combines with a playmaking defense for a 16-6 record and Home court in the Great 8. An exciting and impressive playoff run ends just short in a game 3 loss to the Southside Boyzz.

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Advertisement