Show messages by

To: zoro
This Post:
324644.28 in reply to 324644.25
Date: 8/21/2024 4:04:59 AM
The Cavy Squad
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright, if You don't agree with Gerard, then please listen now to me, the OP, and I'd like You guys to disprove these points is You don't agree:
1. Fine, let's agree that we do not want auto-transferlisting players drafted by bots, but we can just disallow bots from drafting - less unnecessary players on the market, but bots will not steal potential NT players.
2. Lower prices for trainees means more people venture into training in BB, and in the long run this will increase the level of competition, as more managers will be able to afford better players or train them themselves, and we need this with the ever-decreasing number of users (we will see what Spicy Sparks do to stop that).
3. "We can already easily afford top draftees" - why is this an issue? easy access to top draftees will also help kickstart newer teams and get newcomers into training, which has always been recommended for them as opposed to buying veterans and quickly pushing for promotion out of Division IV.
4. "People will tank in lower leagues and easily get good draftees" - since the prices of young players will go down, this will be a difficult and risky way of tanking + it's not like people do not already sit rock bottom in Division IV training players unbothered and I don't see too much problem with it. Furthermore, more than 1 manager might try to go for #1 draft pick, making it even more risky.
5. Micronations - they will be less affected by this, because the changes suggested by me (not talking about Gerard) would make micronation youngsters very unique + it is easy to train a NT or U21 star for countries like Andorra than big countries like Poland (BB-wise, not geography-wise, of course).
6. Top managers who do training would make great use of the top-notch draftees (18 years old + 10 or 11 potential) who are right now being lost due to bots drafting, while the good, but not the greatest draftees will be happily taken by smaller teams whose managers just train for their own clubs, not NT.
7. "Bots pick randomly, so there is still a good chance you get a good draftee" - see, this will not break the market as the bots do not always take good draft picks (though excluding bots will still be, at least in my humble opinion, a change for the good). Removing bots from the equation does the trick for the issues i mentioned in (324644.1).
8. Bots taking part in draft in the higher leagues (if they appear earlier on) prevents players from going for #1 draft pick, which is an issue for weaker teams or poor teams, for which a good draftee can be a saving grace.
Also, I'd like to mention prezes111, who inspired this suggestion in a BB-Mail which he sent to me, I thought up the finer details and did the research. I did not want to bring him up in case the idea was met with negative reception, but since he decided to take the matter into his own hands... Dzięki! Niech moc będzie z Tobą - potrzebujesz jej w tym wątku! ;-)

This Post:
324644.29 in reply to 324644.28
Date: 8/21/2024 9:57:48 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I've had such a wish many seasons ago after seeing out ATG and HOFs fall to bots and human teams drafting only MVPs. But I've never suggested it, because it's not really healthy for the game (points have been brought up by several people here so I won't repeat them) and I'm pretty sure even if no one objected to it, the devs wouldn't even implement it.

But reading this thread make me think:
How about we omit 5 potential players from the top draft choice of bots? If the default draft order of all teams are different, then just omitting it from the top pick itself should guarantee that no bots draft any 5 potential players in the first round. If there is a chance 2 or more bots to have the same top draft choice, then it's still okay, because the possibility of two bots having the same draft order is low, and if they do end up that way, the second choice might still not be a 5 potential player, and even if it is, it would solve the problems of teams winning and still getting a solid trainee.

IMO this should be the most balanced and natural way to reduce the chances of our high potential players going to bots.

This Post:
324644.30 in reply to 324644.28
Date: 8/24/2024 3:23:55 AM
Dream! Team!
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Hobsoniusz, it's a pity there aren't more of us. And important things are decided by incompetent people. Ehh, this game could be perfect, but why should it be good? Ehh, that's a shame

This Post:
324644.32 in reply to 324644.31
Date: 8/24/2024 5:00:40 AM
Dream! Team!
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
To tell the truth, you can't offend anyone. That's it.

This Post:
324644.34 in reply to 324644.33
Date: 8/24/2024 5:35:24 AM
Dream! Team!
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course, you write about yourself and the bombing of our proposal.

This Post:
324644.36 in reply to 324644.35
Date: 8/24/2024 6:03:57 AM
Dream! Team!
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not looking for an enemy, I just want this game to be better and fair. Don't tell yourself untruth

This Post:
324644.37 in reply to 324644.36
Date: 8/24/2024 10:04:15 PM
Metro Prodigy
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Boger United BC
I dunno if this already mention previously.

1. How if skip but turn, i.e if bots are rank 16 at league, this bot will not receive 1st pick.

what is advantage of this is, if all human active arrange their draft, then the bot will only got players with ball 1-3 either potential or rating.

2. Or just give bot team a players with rating - potential of ball 1-3 (should re tweak the programming code somehow)

To: zoro
This Post:
324644.38 in reply to 324644.25
Date: 8/27/2024 7:16:38 AM
Great Fires
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Fires Academy
I'm only going to answer to the micronations question as an experimented U21 DT for various NT: It would be positive. I agree with you, there would be lots more of spanish, polish, usa players than micronations ones, but every NT have only 18 players, so it doesn't care if there's 1000 spanish players, if the micronation got 50 great players to train well. The issue nowadays it's every micronation has just a few players every season and in majority of cases, his manager don't want to train or sell him. If those players where on the transfer list, the NT manager can look for managers with intentions of training them.