Make the best players actually desirable

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Coco
This Post:
158188.291 in reply to 158188.290
Date: 1/30/2011 10:22:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree, but one minor clarification, I was not suggesting winning the NBBA but maybe winning division II and getting to the NBBA. Then you could sell your entire roster except a couple of trainees, tank the whole season while sucking in half a million in profit a week and set yourself up forever.

This Post:
158188.292 in reply to 158188.291
Date: 1/31/2011 2:22:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Whichever way you look at it the fact is the so called unbalance between guard and big men salaries is now factored in. It would really take a radical change of events to alter this + the resulting effect it would have on the transfer market (which as we know is an area that BB's definitely don't want to tinker with)

So, lets just continue to bemoan the difference between what constitutes the best starting 5 and as we witnessed in last seasons BB3 we all know what big men we'd choose with unlimited resources... lets then sit back and await the first manager who can lay down a team of completely balanced guys or a team of uber shot blockers or any team for that matter with more salary efficient players that actually can defeat a team of bohemoths when it counts.

Until that stage, lets all try to own Silves and players like him for a week and who knows, by his 500th club we might get a BB come out and say its a problem we think needs looking into :D

Maybe it doesn't register as a problem right now because from the commentary it seems anyone in the player database is capable of a double double so why pay that much of a premium for one!

This Post:
158188.293 in reply to 158188.292
Date: 1/31/2011 2:28:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like your post a lot! I also like your new logo. What happened to 7-11?

Lets say that the BBs come out at the all star break and say, "Ok it has become clear that certain types of players have vastly inflated salaries. To fix this we will be changing the salary formula in the off season this year so you can expect the salaries of the top big men in the game to come down by about one third and there to be a noticable drop in the salaries of big men down to those that earn about $150,000 a week."

Will everyone rush out and buy a big man for $300,000 a week for the next 7 weeks. Some may but I don't think it will utterly upset the market that much.

This Post:
158188.294 in reply to 158188.293
Date: 1/31/2011 2:37:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey! This was my old logo before Calum designed a nice shiny moving one for me... but truth is my supporter runs out soon so I'll be blank in a couple more weeks. 7-11 just happened to co-incide with the amount of leagues and cups I've won and as I was tanking I knew I'd stay on that total for 1 season.. (i am hoping to improve on my total this season though!)

Don't underestimate the dynamics of the market.... a move as you describe would cause INSTANT change and upset a lot of guard trainers (who would no doubt start a thread threatening to boycott BB because they planned to train guards since the announcement in season 4 because of the new limit imposed on arena construction) .... or something along those lines :p

This Post:
158188.295 in reply to 158188.292
Date: 1/31/2011 5:46:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Whichever way you look at it the fact is the so called unbalance between guard and big men salaries is now factored in. It would really take a radical change of events to alter this + the resulting effect it would have on the transfer market (which as we know is an area that BB's definitely don't want to tinker with)

So, lets just continue to bemoan the difference between what constitutes the best starting 5 and as we witnessed in last seasons BB3 we all know what big men we'd choose with unlimited resources... lets then sit back and await the first manager who can lay down a team of completely balanced guys or a team of uber shot blockers or any team for that matter with more salary efficient players that actually can defeat a team of bohemoths when it counts.

Until that stage, lets all try to own Silves and players like him for a week and who knows, by his 500th club we might get a BB come out and say its a problem we think needs looking into

Maybe it doesn't register as a problem right now because from the commentary it seems anyone in the player database is capable of a double double so why pay that much of a premium for one!

Fantastic post. I'm only really quoting it so I can see it again. Well, and bold the best part.

Until this happens, at least at the very top rung of the competitive ladder, the game is broken.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
158188.296 in reply to 158188.292
Date: 2/3/2011 7:42:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Until that stage, lets all try to own Silves and players like him for a week and who knows, by his 500th club we might get a BB come out and say its a problem we think needs looking into :D

Fantastic post ยก

This Post:
158188.297 in reply to 158188.296
Date: 2/8/2011 11:05:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really think this suggestion is the one thing that could help buzzerbeater more than anything else, and even in real life players in the NBA have contract limits. Please please implement this

This Post:
158188.298 in reply to 158188.297
Date: 3/15/2011 6:10:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Bump

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
This Post:
158188.300 in reply to 158188.299
Date: 3/15/2011 7:07:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A simple, ' please dont bump' would have done it also..

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
Advertisement