Non-BB Global (English) > Evony-You know unavoidable banner girl

Evony-You know unavoidable banner girl

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
113592.3 in reply to 113592.2
Date: 9/28/2009 4:57:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yea...I'm fairly certain they have nothing to do with the game. But you have to appreciate the Fox News approach to throwing boobs on a monitor and hoping for an audience.

This Post:
113592.4 in reply to 113592.3
Date: 9/29/2009 1:08:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I tried the game out for a bit back when it first started (and the ads were knights instead of boobs). There is no correlation between their game and the ads they run. In fact, if you do a bit of searching you'll find the pics in the ads are stolen off other websites. Everything about the game was pretty much the same way. The gameplay from Sid Meiers civ series of games (even the descriptions for technologies are identical word for word copies), and the sprites were all ripped from AoE. The game is a sinkhole for money as everything in the game is purchasable and you can't compete with people who pay. I could go on but I'll just finish by mentioning there were also some (unconfirmed) reports of trojan horses coming through the games interface.

My advice - STAY AWAY.

Last edited by dabomby at 9/29/2009 1:08:56 PM

This Post:
113592.5 in reply to 113592.4
Date: 10/2/2009 3:35:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The newest Evony ads that say " You can play discretely " are the worst. Not only is her lack of clothes improper, but it's worse because the woman has NOTHING to do with this game. People don't play Evony to see women. It's a city building game. It is obviously bad quality and must be terrible if they need naked women to attract players.

The ads come from common sources such as zedo.com and tribalfusion.
I hope Buzzerbeater has some ability to deal with this. So many times the ad content is chosen by the ad server and our host website has no choice except to cancel an entire ad contract.

Not only that, but I notice a few minutes of frozen browser and furious downloading while using BB - during the time these Evony ads are loading in Adobe Flash player format.

This Post:
113592.6 in reply to 113592.5
Date: 10/2/2009 6:44:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The newest Evony ads that say " You can play discretely " are the worst. Not only is her lack of clothes improper, but it's worse because the woman has NOTHING to do with this game. People don't play Evony to see women. It's a city building game. It is obviously bad quality and must be terrible if they need naked women to attract players.

The ads come from common sources such as zedo.com and tribalfusion.
I hope Buzzerbeater has some ability to deal with this. So many times the ad content is chosen by the ad server and our host website has no choice except to cancel an entire ad contract.

Not only that, but I notice a few minutes of frozen browser and furious downloading while using BB - during the time these Evony ads are loading in Adobe Flash player format.

I stopped drinking beer and shaving, because those products were using women in that way to advertise their products. Shame on them!

This Post:
113592.7 in reply to 113592.6
Date: 10/7/2009 5:08:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The latest advertisement has "Experience Wild Thrills" as the slogan and a woman in undergarments. I hope this is hidden from any children and like minded teens who play the game. Then again, hide it from me too.

In other news now I get redirected to a site called MDLINX while I'm typing on this forum. It took me away from buzzer beater completely.

This Post:
113592.8 in reply to 113592.7
Date: 4/22/2010 11:46:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Anyone else looking for a Thai beauty? Just out of curiosity, has anyone living in Thailand clicked on that ad? Or do Thai people get ads to another country's girls? If that's the case, which one is it? I want to know next year's trend in advance. LOL. By the way, if anyone reading this is a Thai girl... Call me! Because, you know... Russian chicks are sooo last year :P

Oh! And my congratulations to Thai men. By the rest of the world's ad standards, you fellas are officially the luckiest guys on Earth ;)

Last edited by the L train at 4/22/2010 12:11:57 PM

This Post:
113592.10 in reply to 113592.9
Date: 6/15/2010 10:03:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Apparently, not anymore. I just connected to the chat via Mibbit to get a hint about the latest trend in that area and it only showed me "Ads by Google". That means we're completely clueless! Why? Oh, why? The horror... The horror...