Suggestions > Deleting Team

Deleting Team

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
162105.4 in reply to 162105.1
Date: 10/23/2010 1:59:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I disagree. The most important thing in a team management game such as this is to understand player ratings and what they mean to your team before making personnel moves. To give people an instant restart option places less emphasis on that very important aspect. It can also have an impact on the player pool. A clueless new manager making what he thinks are mistakes can hit the reset button and wipe out a nice prospect that otherwise would have stayed in the player pool. And let's not forget the potential abuse that such a system could introduce: keep resetting till you get nice prospects to sell and amassing large sums of money or saturating the transfer list and driving down prices.

No, I would rather they lock up certain aspects of the game until you read parts of the game manual and take a quick quiz to make sure you understand that aspect. That way no one could fall back on the "oh I didn't know" excuse.

This Post:
162105.5 in reply to 162105.3
Date: 10/23/2010 2:00:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ya I dont see why you shouldnt be able to. IM sure someone will post about it being abusive, but thats quite easily fixed if you just structure it in a way where it cant be abusive.

Seems like I was just the person you had in mind, and I was typing up my reply just as you were this one. :)

This Post:
162105.7 in reply to 162105.6
Date: 10/23/2010 2:15:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And let's not forget the potential abuse that such a system could introduce: keep resetting till you get nice prospects to sell and amassing large sums of money or saturating the transfer list and driving down prices.

This would never happen. You would put time limitations from when you start as for how soon one could restart, and I would also think you would want to apply a max restart to it as well, maybe 1-2. You could never amass large sums of money, as every time you would restart you would lose everything tied to your existing club.

Fair enough, but what about this scenario: Two teams are neck and neck for the final playoff spot. One of them is playing a top team in his final game of the season, needing a win or a loss by the other guy. The other team is also playing a top team, but the owner of that top team decides to reset and puts out a weak, newly generated team. Result: After a hard fought game, team 1 ends up losing and team 2 walks over the newly generated team. So you see, team 1 gets screwed by having the reset function affect what happens. If a way to abuse the system can be thought of, it will happen.

I agree with you that learning how to evaluate the different aspects of the game is how you learn, and get better. But not everyone is successful on their first try. So to the new manager who messed up poorly, but now has done some reading and understands things better, but has no money, and no one good to sell, what is he supposed to do? Wait 7 weeks? Play a full 1.5 seasons or more of catch up? Neither of these sound too fun.

Precisely why the game should gradually open up to you after you read about how it works and can demonstrate you understood what you read. The game is intricate and detailed, and I'm not saying you can become a BB Pro just from reading the manual, but you can certainly avoid making early mistakes if you at least read the manual.

This Post:
162105.8 in reply to 162105.7
Date: 10/23/2010 2:25:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fair enough, but what about this scenario: Two teams are neck and neck for the final playoff spot. One of them is playing a top team in his final game of the season, needing a win or a loss by the other guy. The other team is also playing a top team, but the owner of that top team decides to reset and puts out a weak, newly generated team.

Seriously, who would ever do such a stupid thing? Who would ever like to reset his contending team to start over?

This suggestion is pointed towards newbies who made horrible mistakes that set them back for ages, and the only possibility to stay and enjoy the game is to start over as soon as possible. If I had to wait for two months I would move on and find another manager game...

This Post:
162105.9 in reply to 162105.8
Date: 10/23/2010 2:31:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fair enough, but what about this scenario: Two teams are neck and neck for the final playoff spot. One of them is playing a top team in his final game of the season, needing a win or a loss by the other guy. The other team is also playing a top team, but the owner of that top team decides to reset and puts out a weak, newly generated team.

Seriously, who would ever do such a stupid thing? Who would ever like to reset his contending team to start over?

This suggestion is pointed towards newbies who made horrible mistakes that set them back for ages, and the only possibility to stay and enjoy the game is to start over as soon as possible. If I had to wait for two months I would move on and find another manager game...

So all managers of top-contending teams stay interested all the time? How about someone who's leaving the game anyway? How about someone who's abusing the system to help someone else out? I'd like for the world to be as innocent as you seem to think it is, where just because something appears to be stupid, people find no motivation to do it. But alas, things are not as peachy.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but if a new player doesn't take the time to read about the game and makes mistakes, a simple 'reset' option isn't going to make him stay. If he wasn't that excited about the game to begin with and read all he could about the game, he'll probably still get bored and leave even after a reset. I don't see the reset option as being a successful tool in keeping people interested. But I can certainly see the many ways it can be abused.

Edit to add: Let's not kid ourselves either. If you're new and you make bonehead mistakes, you're not going to set yourself back for "ages". It's not like you had a very competitive team to begin with.

Last edited by ShootingStars at 10/23/2010 2:34:02 PM

This Post:
162105.11 in reply to 162105.9
Date: 10/23/2010 3:54:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Edit to add: Let's not kid ourselves either. If you're new and you make bonehead mistakes, you're not going to set yourself back for "ages". It's not like you had a very competitive team to begin with.

Just buy one of those cheap transfer price, 400k salary centers, go broke, get all your players transfer listed/sold and then try to get back in shape really quick...

This Post:
162105.12 in reply to 162105.11
Date: 10/23/2010 4:52:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
New teams do not have the money to buy those players. Letting people start over right away is the best cheating tool ever...

To: red
This Post:
162105.13 in reply to 162105.1
Date: 10/23/2010 4:56:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't like this, when teams start to delete their team because they are in "too strong" leagues, don't have the high value youngster you sometimes get etc.

And even when you make faults in the beginning you normally don't loose much to other teams, and you catch up fast when you know it better after 1-2 weeks.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 10/23/2010 4:57:33 PM

Advertisement