Hey, is this guy capped?

Potential: 6th man
Jump Shot: proficient Jump Range: strong
Outside Def.: strong Handling: mediocre
Driving: proficient Passing: strong
Inside Shot: average Inside Def.: respectable
Rebounding: average Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: average Free Throw: atrocious

His salary would not indicate so, as he's only about $10,000, but maybe all of his secondaries added up? I got a pop last week in passing, but that was the only pop with him for the past 4 weeks...so is it possible he's capped?

He might be, but to test it, you need to train the same thing for at least 4 weeks to see if you get a pop. So train Pressure for 4 weeks, to see if you get an OD pop. If not, he's capped. I had a 6th man that came with my origonal team, and he capped at $8944. Very dissapointing. He was 2 OD pops away from being able to move him to SF and keep him on my roster for a while (he was my favorite player). However, as I was improving my team, the gap between him and and my new players was widening, so I had to sell him.

The two best players on my origonal roster were 6th man and starter potential. The Starter potential player capped earlier this season, and I thought I had another 10K or so to go with him. By the the time I fully learned all of the nuances of training and had my long term plan together, I had already invested so much time into these guys. There is another thread that asks what you wish you knew from day one...For me, I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time training anyone with less than Superstar Potential, maybe Allstar if hes a special player.

This Post:
177824.4 in reply to 177824.3
Date: 3/20/2011 12:39:00 AM
Arizona Cacti
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a guy in a very similar spot.

Jump Shot: prominent Jump Range: mediocre
Outside Def.: strong Handling: strong
Driving: awful Passing: strong
Inside Shot: mediocre Inside Def.: strong
Rebounding: strong Shot Blocking: mediocre
Stamina: respectable Free Throw: strong

His salary is similar to your guys and he's popped 2-3 times this year but both of those were earlier. I've trained him 4-5 times (admittedly in a few different things) and he is getting older for a trainee, but nonetheless he hasn't popped in a very long time. Would be a shame if he's done already because I just wanted a couple more in OD and driving before I was comfortable leaving him alone.