BB USA > HELP Please!

HELP Please!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
203863.3 in reply to 203863.1
Date: 12/8/2011 6:45:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you want full time help I suggest visiting http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr... and applying for a mentor.

Also the Help Forum is here http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...

If I were you however I would start by trimming your roster down to 9-12 players. You want as many of your players as possible to play about 60-75 minutes in order for your gameshape to go up each week. This is best with a roster the size I suggested and it will also cut down on the money you spend on salaries. Next step is to decide whether you want to train bigs or guards, pick up one or two young players with potential of allstar or higher that can be trained to be of some value. Looking at your team youre two 18 yo PF's are good however the one with 6th man potential is next to untrainable and the one with starter potential won't be able to become a star. If you want to train bigs grab an 18-19 yo with a 4k salary and allstar potential. They come pretty cheap. After that I would look for a couple of cheap (probably older as they tend to sell for less) guards to back up your team.

Set your enthusiasm to Take it Easy for games that you know for certain you will win or lose and use the other options to give you a boost during closer games. If you do this and manage your gameshape you should have no problem getting out of D.V soon

This Post:
203863.4 in reply to 203863.1
Date: 12/8/2011 8:30:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First off you need to reduce your roster to 12 maybe 11 players. You can not make money with so many players to pay Also you are trying to sell your players for WAY too much money.

As far as training goes you need to decide on Bigs or Smalls. Anyone over 19 is not worth it to start training and 18 is a much better start.

I suggest training Coburn, Pantani and Grudtsyn as bigs for this season and possibly next if you have no luck getting better players in the draft. Pantani has a low ceiling but could at least be an ok starter for a season or two until you find better and maybe a back-up after that. The other two guys could be decent for several seasons if you 1-position train them in ID, IS and RB.

Focus on 1 position training on those three guys this season and do some scouting for the draft. You could switch to small trainees next year if you draft well but if you draft a decent big or two you could have a nice combo of Coburn, Grudtsyn and new guys to train for several seasons. You will not need much more potential until you reach D3.

Also once you get your roster down to 11 or 12 players, do your best to play each player 48-65 minutes each week. Otherwise their GameShape (GS) will drop and they will start to play poorly. Gameshape has a big impact on how well they play.

There is no one perfect solution but this is what I would do. If you have other questions feel free to ask.

This Post:
203863.5 in reply to 203863.4
Date: 12/8/2011 9:59:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Man I really appreciate it. yea i think i got a couple of unnecessary players i dont want to win and then get moved up so fast right?

This Post:
203863.6 in reply to 203863.3
Date: 12/8/2011 10:01:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
thanks

This Post:
203863.7 in reply to 203863.5
Date: 12/8/2011 10:08:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Less than 11 players and guys get too many minutes. More than 12 players and some guys will not get enough minutes to be useful. If you are going to do 1-position training (Inside Defense - Center for example) try to get each of the three trainees 48 minutes a week to get full training. More than 48 gets no extra benefits and less than 48 minutes will cause fairly big drop offs in training. If you set up the starter, back up and reserve as the same player and set the team to let them play with fouls you have the best shot at getting 48 minutes for a player in a game.