BB USA > Observations, statistical and otherwise

Observations, statistical and otherwise

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
236869.3 in reply to 236869.2
Date: 3/3/2013 9:46:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the feedback, yeppers. A couple thoughts...

1) I would expect an interior-focused offense to shoot fewer three-point attempts than in a standard offense, but that we might see a higher percentage than in a base offense, because the distribution of attempts skews even more towards the perimeter players. (Assuming that the guards are capable outside shooters, and the defense doesn't try to take away the outside, and on and on...)

2) This sample is taken from a league with no bots in it (Division IV), so that part is at least taken care of. Using teams that are losing on purpose is one of those things I can't avoid, just as I can't do anything about tactical choices. It would be ideal to set up a private league where I get teams to play only in base offense/man-to-man and to only use Let Coach Decide as the substitution pattern. That's as close to a true representation of the game engine as we could possibly get without actually being on the inside. But no one would want to be in that league for very long, I suspect. The next best option is to examine a league like the NBBA, which I actually intend to do this season if I have time. But the same limitations are going to impact anything I find there, too.

Last edited by Antares23 at 3/3/2013 10:49:11 PM

This Post:
236869.4 in reply to 236869.3
Date: 3/3/2013 11:22:14 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
MiƂwaukee Lethargy
I'd be more curious to see how BB compares to the WNBA or bad college basketball. But nice job compiling all that.