Help - English > Aggressive hidden trait

Aggressive hidden trait

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
240868.4 in reply to 240868.3
Date: 4/22/2013 3:01:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well is there a way to determine this rating...like a formula of some sort as a guideline to guesstimate this??? i am interested as i have a theory.

Last edited by Omega Man at 4/22/2013 3:03:40 PM

This Post:
240868.6 in reply to 240868.2
Date: 4/22/2013 3:58:39 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
I have heard this...is this true???

There's definitely a hidden skill for this. I am pretty sure that it's actually not "aggression" but instead the opposite (something like "composure" or some such) because lucky fans have their skills set to the minimum in all values and they are super-aggressive.

That's an interesting thought.
Would this be contingent on aggression being purely negative? (where aggression is never a good thing?)

This Post:
240868.7 in reply to 240868.6
Date: 4/22/2013 4:51:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have heard this...is this true???

There's definitely a hidden skill for this. I am pretty sure that it's actually not "aggression" but instead the opposite (something like "composure" or some such) because lucky fans have their skills set to the minimum in all values and they are super-aggressive.

That's an interesting thought.
Would this be contingent on aggression being purely negative? (where aggression is never a good thing?)

Most likely it wasn't thought about specifically that way - it probably was something that they just set to a scale from 0 or 1 to whatever, with enough randomness in player generation that you'd have some guys who foul a lot and some who foul rarely, and it wouldn't be surprising if the distribution was set up to avoid having too many players with extreme values either way. But the lucky fan code I think has already been said to set all attributes to the minimum value, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me to see that the "attitude" code also set to the lowest possible value. If the attribute had been implemented as aggression on a scale where the minimum value meant a docile player, the lucky fans would probably never commit or draw fouls. And it fits perfectly with how a programmer might implement those features initially, plus it is consistent with the Hattrick model where the personality attributes started at low values for the honesty/agreeability/popularity scales, and Charles definitely was influenced by HT.

This Post:
240868.8 in reply to 240868.5
Date: 4/22/2013 4:53:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh. Oh, my. And shikago, it seems like that's the only way I've seen it. Has anyone seen aggression in a positive way?

Last edited by Big Dogs at 4/22/2013 4:54:05 PM

This Post:
240868.10 in reply to 240868.7
Date: 4/22/2013 8:35:15 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
good post, dog. +1
Do you think aggressiveness does anything else besides impact the likelihood of committing a foul? (just want to get your full thoughts on aggressiveness if you don't mind sharing).

I remember a BB saying that lucky fans think they're better than they actually are. Would what he said be achieved solely through aggressiveness?

But the lucky fan code I think has already been said to set all attributes to the minimum value

This is nitpicking, but lucky fans have slightly above minimum skills. For example, there's real players without a single made FT or assist. Fans can do both! I even saw a lucky fan get the game winning assist in a cup game last season. (down by 1 point with 3 seconds left!)

This Post:
240868.11 in reply to 240868.10
Date: 4/22/2013 9:58:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think aggressiveness reflects (to some degree) the likelihood of both committing and drawing fouls. This may not be true, but I've seen some correlation between players on my team who draw and commit many shooting fouls. (But off-the-ball fouls are a different story.) My guess is that there are a lot of factors playing into PF frequency, since there are lots of different kinds of fouls that reflect different things (including PD in a game, which would really screw up a mathematical analysis). But I'm completely working on the level of anecdote and hypothesis here. Maybe somebody who is adept at using the BBAPI could do some quick data parsing to find correlations?

Last edited by rhyminsimon at 4/22/2013 9:59:51 PM

Join the official USA offsite forum for helper tools, camaraderie and advice! (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) – Builder of the Training Simulator: (229484.1) – Former host of the Golden Clam Invitational (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
This Post:
240868.13 in reply to 240868.9
Date: 4/23/2013 7:31:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are there other hidden skills? I've noticed my player who grabs too much rebounds for his skill. My league is bot heavy, but this happens quite regulary. Also some players tend to take a lot of shots, although their skills aren't much better, compared to other players.

Maybe some players have one hidden "special ability"? As in aggressive defender, scorer, rebounder. Someone mentioned a weird low-skilled shotblocker on his team too.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out other hidden skills exist. Something like either streakiness/consistency or maybe things like players who are good in the first or fourth quarter, or who are better or worse when the game is close.

Advertisement