BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Should automatic bids be implemented?

Should automatic bids be implemented?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
284452.3 in reply to 284452.1
Date: 1/15/2017 2:39:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, 100% and I am quite surprised at the no votes. Why wouldn't this be good for bidding?
For busy people this evens the field of not being able to be online at many times of the day to bid on players.
(I guess that's where the no's are coming from, people who live on their computer 20 hours a day.)

This Post:
284452.5 in reply to 284452.4
Date: 1/15/2017 3:30:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wouldn't agree only for supporters because I think that is an advantage gained and that's not what this game is about.

Are they really keeping just this site alive by ad banners? Auto bids would make enough of a difference to make a dent in that? Pretty sad.

This Post:
284452.7 in reply to 284452.6
Date: 1/15/2017 8:49:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can see arguments for voting no and arguements for voting yes

yes:
*) obvlious reasons are mentioned above. quick recap: you are at work, crazy TL hours at night, ...
*) the cap means you don't go over a certain value, which also can be used as a way to define the worth of players
*) If you are on holiday (plane, in the car, ...) while your player exits the TL, then that is better aswell

No
*) some people will bid a certain amount which they think the player is worth. by implementing an automatic bid system, you take that part away, meaning that some managers might not get as much for their players as they would have in advance. Say you want player X and you value him at 5M. currently, nothing witholds you to bid 5M if you were to set 5M in the automatic bid thing, and others would only set 4.5M, then the selling manager loses out on 500k that he would have gotten in the current system
*) it takes away the zone continental advantage. Those who are playing in America, prefer American players. Those who play in europe generally prefer european players. by implementing that idea, you open up the market to all zones, but that means that a player is less likely to stay within it's region (or nation for that matter). and we all know that players from your own nation are worth more than foreigners with the same skillset from a merchandise point of view!

So to be fair, i'm in the middle of it. Right untill Perpete wrote the following:

Auto-bid would also add strain on the servers.

That to me, means you cannot put it in the normal package. a site needs to earn some cash to be able to survive. So there are then 2 options:

*) either the overall amount for the supporter package is increased (as a way to pay for the extra strain on the servers). but that means you are making supporters pay so that the other users can also use the feature (which won't result in more supporter packages)
*) or you make it a supporter feature. that adds extra incentive for players to get the supporter package.

Up until now, supporter packages have never given those who purchased it an advantage over the normal users. you don't get better training. you don't get an advantage on the TL. All you get is the chance to make your own league with your friend & have some fancy extra features (news feed, better e-mails & etc. for the full list, just check the supporter features) but none of those features really give the supporters an edge over the normal users. BB is one of the few games where you can't pay to win!

And since i consider this particular feature to actually have an impact on the TL and would put supporters at an advantage, i'm leaning towards voting against the suggestion. the last thing i want to see if BB turning into a pay to win game. This feature would serve as a precedent, something which i'd rather not have. But for now, i'll wait and see if anyone else can provide me with enough positive arguments as to sway me to vote for something else. So consider my vote under consideration ;)

This Post:
284452.8 in reply to 284452.7
Date: 1/16/2017 1:58:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The people who voted no must be unemployed or students.

This feature definitely has to be in this game. Server argument is laughable, we had three times as many users and the game was stable.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
284452.9 in reply to 284452.8
Date: 1/17/2017 10:51:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
More people being able to bid would mean a raise in demand and thus a raise in prices...

This Post:
284452.11 in reply to 284452.9
Date: 1/17/2017 1:20:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Less people being able to bid would mean a raise in savings and thus a raise in prices.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
284452.13 in reply to 284452.12
Date: 1/18/2017 10:34:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Or some people are masokists that enjoy the thrill and frustration that a good bid war generates.

Maybe.

I missed another player today, because I had to work. Will miss another one tomorrow.

No autobid is just lazyness on the developers side, there are no negative effects really.

Advertisement