Suggestions > Bigger Starting Arena

Bigger Starting Arena

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
286519.3 in reply to 286519.2
Date: 5/11/2017 10:05:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I certainly appreciate you taking your time to read this and respond :)

What I think you may not be considering, however, is that things changed since you started playing the game. Even for those teams that started around season 20, many teams did not have "complete" arenas yet. Right now, however, almost every team DIII and up in the US has one. There's a certain point when it stops feeling like "raising from nothing against stronger teams" and just feels like you're playing one big game of meaningless catch up. With me personally, I've felt like quitting several times over this specific issue.

Take your arena, for example, LA-Kareem. It costs over $6.6M to get to where your arena is now, which, assuming a weekly income of $130k which goes solely into an arena (I think this number is in fact much lower for most teams), will take a new manager a calendar year to catch up to you. Who would want to play a game that takes a year of their lives just to get to where you are. This isn't a strategic choice - any moron could decide to pour all of their money into their arena.

All in all, this game is so good at not giving too strong of an advantage to people who pay, people who spend a ton of time on the game, and people who try to accumulate a ton of money and then make a run for the championship. To me, managers who have stayed for more than three years have a huge advantage over newer players in terms of arena size. To me, having to spend a year pouring money into an arena majorly discourages many managers from sticking around. Ask yourself, if your arena alone was halved today, would you continue playing this game? Or would find the whole process of building it up so tedious that it wouldn't be worth it?

This Post:
286519.4 in reply to 286519.3
Date: 5/12/2017 6:42:19 PM
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
This isn't a good way to analize but..
Take your arena, for example, LA-Kareem. It costs over $6.6M to get to where your arena is now, which, assuming a weekly income of $130k which goes solely into an arena (I think this number is in fact much lower for most teams), will take a new manager a calendar year to catch up to you. Who would want to play a game that takes a year of their lives just to get to where you are. This isn't a strategic choice - any moron could decide to pour all of their money into their arena.

Three Calendar years...

In that order I don't think that the arena size is the real problem here... The game can be improved in other areas and not in this one. It's just my thought.

This Post:
286519.6 in reply to 286519.5
Date: 5/17/2017 1:13:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, that sounds wonderful! I like it a lot more than what I said because this way, how quickly the arena expands correlates to how good the manager is, and so good managers would not have to wait as long before they feel ready. It also keeps arena-building relevant and fun.

This Post:
286519.7 in reply to 286519.2
Date: 5/18/2017 1:34:24 AM
HumanFund
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Goblin Juice
I have been a manager for almost 2 seasons. Building the arena and trying to weigh that with buying players and staying competitive in division 4 has been a blast. I don't think I will like the game as much when I am just trying to compete for wins. Going to the transfer list to find under the radar type players has been really challenging and rewarding. I'm all for keeping it the way it is.

This Post:
286519.9 in reply to 286519.8
Date: 5/18/2017 11:38:53 AM
HumanFund
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Goblin Juice
The type of players im talking about will not help me when Im in D2 or probably even d3...im talking about guys that cost $1000 but have better skills than the players you are given at the beginning.