Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
324471.3 in reply to 324471.2
Date: 7/12/2024 8:21:35 AM
Kells Killers
IV.30
Overall Posts Rated:
This is what I don't understand. I would THINK that 'Rating', especially an individual one for a specific game, would be 'How Well Player Played THIS Game'... so not sure why TSP or Salary would even matter, or any Attribute... only what the Game Production would.

That's what is throwing me off.

This Post:
324471.4 in reply to 324471.3
Date: 7/13/2024 3:58:29 AM
Johns Creek Wave
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Holly Springs Haggis
Stats only tell one side of the story. They don't really keep defensive stats. So you don't know how well a player defended

But even in the stats you listed, Wagner scores more per game and his assist to turnover ratio is over 6-1. The other guy scores 10 per game and he has more turnovers than assists. Wagner has put up more shots and gotten to the line a lot more too.

I only list salary and TSP because they indicate how many skills a player has, And a player that can do many things is better than a player that only does one thing well.

I can only tell you that I have played the game for a while now (since season 32). I don't pretend to know everything about the game. There is a lot that frankly mystifies me. But the players that do play at a very high level all say one thing. That defense is more important than anything else. And my own experience is that players that score a lot and have low ratings tend to be not very good defensively.