Date: 4/24/2010 11:22:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Got it.

I'll take the two champions of Korea.

This Post:
140376.33 in reply to 140376.32
Date: 4/26/2010 5:21:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
On Wednesday the serial called BBB is going to continue! Here is the round 5 draw:
5 Los Dragones 28.04.2010 HucJiaB 27
3 Sharman Globetrotters 28.04.2010 Nitra Corgons 20
119 Dragons Back 28.04.2010 bissy 12
4 Shaq_ Attack 28.04.2010 ESV Laim 2
40 Muljavci 28.04.2010 River Legends 13
28 Heathens 29.04.2010 Atlético Bulls 26
8 BC Törööö 29.04.2010 C.S Larrañaga 6
9 BK TUKUMS 29.04.2010 real-lima 29

One of the pairs is marked out with bold. What does it mean? Sure, you are right. We are going to learn a little bit about these 2 teams and their owners.

Romanian side was so lucky to get all tha previous BBB matches at the home arena. And now it's the time to play at the neutral arena. Shaq_Attack is gonna pay for a nice draw, plying with the most high-ranked team(and the previos champion, if it matters sure).

Our new correspondent John Doe was sent to Romania, where his mission was to find the manager of the 4th world-ranked team. let's see what he got.

J: Hi, dumy! Great result in BBB this season again! What about some really short questions?
d: Hi, John! You are welcome, let's see..

J: Some words about yourself and your team. Is there anything that can be interesting to read about you?
d: I'm 23, I love playing basketball . It's probably the only sport I'm good at and that's why every time I play, I want to win. I get pissed if I loose to a player/team that I consider weaker, even though it's just a game and there's nothing at stake. Same goes for BB.

Now, about my team: it's named after the player I admire most, Shaquille O'Neal, not only for his talent and dominance , but also for his amazing career and personality. I've had this team for 10 seasons and won a lot of trophies and my every season's goal is to play in B3 along with the best teams out there.

J: Great! Nice desire for a victory! Some people really lack it in the game and in the real life either. Now, back to the BB. Some words about this year's tournament. Who is the favourite, as for you?
d: The tournament is very competitive as always and I am grateful to be one of the last 16 still in it. It's pretty hard to say who's the favorite. Judging from the ratings, my opponent should be the favorite, but ratings change every day :). I would like my team to win it, but if that's not possible then someone who didn't win it yet, an underdog.

J: A typical answer =). Now let us imagine the situation that you should start the game from the very beginning. What will be your tactics for first season? Would the result and the building of the stadium be the most important thing? Or maybe would you start trading?
I feel that the answer will be - that the training is the most important thing to start with. Well, then, what position would you like to train and why?

d: If I were to start from the beginning, I would do it the same way but more effective : training young inside players, because they require only a couple of skills and I think they're essential for a new team.

J: Khm.. Interesting.. If I would start playing BB - I would defenitely start training guards, especially PG. Ok, and the last question for today: How would you spend 10millions$ at the moment?
d: If I had 10 mil. $ right now, I would spend about 9 mil. $ on a great player and save the rest to be able to afford his salary for a while :) .

J: Now we say Good bye to dumy and wish him some more luck than usually =) Thank you for this really awesome answers!

Thanks, John! That's really possibly the best of the interviews, that we've already made!our another correspondent Bob Apple is drinking beer in one of german pubs waiting for the next interview.

That's all for today, ESV Laim is our next victim!

Last edited by alexFerguson at 4/26/2010 5:23:35 PM

This Post:
140376.34 in reply to 140376.33
Date: 4/26/2010 6:40:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I must say this is some excellent reporting here. Keep it up.

I'll have a little flutter on the Peruvians at 9/1 btw.

This Post:
140376.35 in reply to 140376.33
Date: 4/27/2010 6:32:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great job !!!

This Post:
140376.36 in reply to 140376.33
Date: 4/27/2010 6:35:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Did you realise whichever manager you have interviewed first (or replies first) has gone on to lose.....

This round is just too tough to call and I respect all the managers remaining too much to cast opinion on the match-ups. One things for sure, every game is going to be a great match-up (as they were last week) and I wish everyone well in their final hours of preparation.. will we see any late transfer swoops??!!

This Post:
140376.37 in reply to 140376.36
Date: 4/27/2010 7:45:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Did you realise whichever manager you have interviewed first (or replies first) has gone on to lose.....

funny.. I didn't see that.. We will see, if this "tradition" will continue..

This Post:
140376.38 in reply to 140376.37
Date: 4/27/2010 4:14:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
...our another correspondent Bob Apple is drinking beer in one of german pubs waiting for the next interview.

That's all for today, ESV Laim is our next victim!

Well, Bob was a little drunk yesterday, thanks to great german beer. Bob's morning started only near the afternoon, when ESV Laim arrived to their training base. There they were going to prepare to a tough league game this evening. Sure the manager could answer the question only after the match.

So, Bob arrived to Irrenhaus stadium in advance to try some more german beer before the match. And possibly try to make his interview. Bob was skocked when he found out that he was one of the 19495 fans. Funny match it was (20438415). The teams have taken the lead by turns and the result wasn't clear until the last minutes.

After the match Bob finally could find GM-Labude near the stadium.

B: Some words about yourself and your team. Is there anything that can be interesting to read about you?
L: No :D

B: That's really an unusual answer =)
Some words about this year's tournament. Who is the favourite, as for you?

L: The usual answer for the last seasons. And the question is pretty easy as for me. Globetrotters & Törööö

B: imagine the situation that you should start the game from the very beginning. What will be your tactics for first season? Would the result and the building of the stadium be the most important thing? Or maybe would you start trading?
I feel that the answer will be - that the training is the most important thing to start with. Well, then, what position would you like to train and why?

L:If you've time and motivation to analyze the market, buying and selling: Trade
If not, buy 5 guard trainees (each for 50k $ at most) and train them (PG/SG) for 1-2 seasons (max. profit). Extend your arena as early as possible, furthermore adjust prices periodically so a maximum is sold (and not sold out).

B: How would you spend 10millions$ at the moment?

L: I would buy a PG.

B: That's the answer that I was waiting to hear once. Possibly, the PG position is even more important than SF. If you have no good PG - you can not even hope for a good result.

That are some short answers that Bob could get.. Not so much, but pretty laconicaly.

We are waiting for a great show tomorrow! I feel we will see at least one sensation ;)

Last edited by alexFerguson at 4/27/2010 4:16:14 PM

Message deleted
This Post:
140376.40 in reply to 140376.38
Date: 4/28/2010 10:43:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
your last sentence, i don't think that he meant that the PG was the most important position i believe he said it because he wants to improve his team their :) If he had another team, the answer could be different.

Advertisement