BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > who is the best single player in BB?

who is the best single player in BB?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152222.31 in reply to 152222.30
Date: 9/22/2010 11:21:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's good to have a trap like this to weed out the bad managers who buy these type of players. It is a strategy game after all so it should be possible to make mistakes, even catastrophic ones.

That's a fine argument, and I'm not disagreeing with you here. There is a problem though, if you can buy a player like this specifically to win a single Tournament game, and sell him.

Tricking him out for a single game is not only currently possible, but the payment of salaries is such that you could buy a player like this on Tuesday, list him on Wednesday, he plays in your cup match on Thursday, and sells on Saturday without you ever needing to pay his salary.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
152222.32 in reply to 152222.31
Date: 9/22/2010 11:40:47 AM
New York Jests
IV.30
Overall Posts Rated:
But somebody is paying his salary. So it is still a net loss to the economy. Shrewd manager will take this into account when making the transfer and dumb managers will lose their shirts.

This Post:
152222.33 in reply to 152222.32
Date: 9/22/2010 1:09:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The idiot that buys him on Saturday in the above scenario is the guy who pays his salary. The drain on the economy is pretty limited, as there aren't very many players this ridiculous, and there are still plenty of FAs on the market, so the BBs can't possibly see a problem to the economy from this or any other factor (i.e., more teams investing in scouting this season, etc.).

I think the problem is mostly the Tournament aspect. I suppose a lot more people would feel differently about this subject if it starts happening more often (particularly if these "tricking" expeditions are successful ones).

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.

To: Coco
This Post:
152222.34 in reply to 152222.11
Date: 10/14/2010 7:50:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks man, I ended up having to sell him and now I'm trying to build a more solid team around his replacements (Erik Kemp is on his way to Bronson-like awesomeness and my new prospect Kristopher Hendricks has the size and potential to become something special too) so I can eventually move up in the divisions. Bronson alone was not enough to win games at DIII, and because of his already astronomical salary, I was never able to build around him. His sale price was very disappointing (5,500,000) but it still bought me a few prospects and some skills in the frontcourt. I should be back in DIII in no time, and in two or three seasons, we'll be hearing the same kind of hype about Kemp.

This Post:
152222.35 in reply to 152222.34
Date: 10/14/2010 10:32:40 PM
LionPride
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
You are remarkable. That sounds corny, but there is nothing left to say after what you did with Bronson. What level trainer do you use if I may ask?

Last edited by oriolekid at 10/14/2010 10:37:20 PM

This Post:
152222.38 in reply to 152222.37
Date: 10/15/2010 7:24:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Rookies are still the same price now as they were then. However the price one well trained guards and bigmen has dropped. So he would have had more purchasing power then. Coco said the same to me either sell now or hold forever, we wont see that kind of market for a long while.

This Post:
152222.40 in reply to 152222.35
Date: 10/15/2010 12:19:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you so much. It was really just a matter of training my best draftee, who just so happened to be a perfectly built point guard (who got hurt in his first week away from me). I did not listen to the warnings, and I trained 1v1, Passing, Outside Defense and Shooting Range about equally for a while, then I concentrated on his outside defense to make him more valuable to the NT. His small stature and high potential made it possible for me to develop him very quickly using one position traning with my Level 6 trainer (Exceptional) and focusing on getting each PG exactly 48 minutes at his PG spot. Below you can see how I develop my guards (I wont tell you who it is, it could be a current guy or someone I've sold) and that I take a very balanced approach. You'll see that I don't avoid training handling and driving like many do, I just don't use the "handling" training to train it, I use 1v1 so I can train a few extra guys that week.

Shot Rng Out. D Hand. Drive Pass In O. In. D. Reb. Blk Stam FT Exp. Rat.
Year 1: 5 6 6 6 7 7 6 1 5 1 7 7 1 81
Year 3: 10 9 10 10 11 9 6 2 5 1 7 7 2 105

I only wish I had focused on Lyle Mercer as a trainee instead of thinking he was good enough to win me games at SF in division 3. I think I can make a quick return with my new frontcourt and with the continued development of Erik Kemp. Unfortunately, I bought the great prospect Kristopher Hendricks (a 6'0 PF with HOF potential and high skills in every area except range, outside defense and passing, the three easiest to train for a shorty) but then he got a 3 week injury in his first game with me. Even worse is the fact that I left my training on 1v1 instead of making it passing/pressure to take advantage of Hendrick's 48 minutes this week.

I'm not sure I'd advise taking my route in developing great players, as it totally derailed my team's progress towards the top, but if you want tips I am here to help. My biggest piece of advice is to look at potential and size and to only play 9 guys each game, leaving one in all three spots with "strictly follow depth chart" set to keep him playing the point all game. Rotate three players and train them all. Use the others to support your habit (like a pot dealer who sells weed simply to support his pot smoking habit) and you'll be able to keep him long after he's become too expensive for your division.
To keep Bronson around, I had to sell the following guys:
Edward Garner (currently 19 with a salary approaching 9,000)
Adrian Druff (currently 22 with a salary of ~17,000)
Joseph Meredith (Currently 21 with a ~7,500 salary)
Chad Sousa (currently 21 with a ~13,000 salary)
Jeffrey Fournier (currently 25 with a ~15,000 salary)
Rob Ayala (older now, but I sold him for a few hundred thousand)

That's six trained guards to support one. Had I sold Bronson when he was in the 50,000 range, I would have been able to keep some of those guys while also adding some interior presence and better (cheaper) staff. But I wanted to be the guy to train the all-time best guard, so I stuck with Joey B as long as possible. This season I was relegated and simply had no chance to retain his awesomeness.

This Post:
152222.41 in reply to 152222.40
Date: 10/16/2010 7:01:58 PM
Arizona Cacti
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Just looked over the Transfer List and this guy seems to be pretty ridiculous.

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/player/4517245/overview.aspx

Don't know if he deserves discussion as the best player out there but he's pretty sick. Team's roster is pretty funny too... one player getting paid 300k, one at 60k, one at 9k and the rest under 4.5k.

Advertisement