Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
136516.32 in reply to 136516.30
Date: 3/23/2010 1:08:48 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this means that the older teams are suddenly feeling what it's like to be mortal since their stockpiles of the game's best players fueled by old stockpiles of case are now in danger of dissipating if they operate as usual, and teams now have to worry about balancing their budget and juggling winning versus turning a huge profit. I can't wait to see the top teams in my league finally forced to dump salary and giving me a fair shot at actually maybe making the playoffs instead of fending off relegation yet again.

I see this as a very positive step in the maturation of BB. Time will tell, but I'm thinking this is all a good thing, and it's mostly going to be the hoarders and the older teams that will complain.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
136516.34 in reply to 136516.32
Date: 3/23/2010 1:32:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Looks like that the big men have the biggest affect of the new salary rules. Why dont go back on my idea and give the chance to the big men trainers the opportunity to train more skills like passing for example? Equal chances for all...

This Post:
136516.35 in reply to 136516.23
Date: 3/23/2010 1:47:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I feel decived by BB´s. They said a long time ago everything was done and the economical stuff had a self-management and now they incresed the salaries? WTF!!!!!! Men, think before doing this kind of things and never do that without explaining such an important matter like this (and unfortunately this is not the 1st time).

Another jungle market again, I started to bore this management

Edit: oh yes, one line dedicated to such huge matter, nice!!!!

And...is PF and Centers training death? Have you killed it? I think so.

This is self management. If the game requires a rise in salary, you'll see a rise in salary. If the game requires a decrease in salary, you'll see a decrease in salary. That's exactly what a self-regulating system acts like.
We already announced in the Allstar Break, almost 2 months ago, that we expected the salaries to be 10-15% higher this season.

This Post:
136516.36 in reply to 136516.32
Date: 3/23/2010 1:49:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think your situation will change, top teams will try to continue winning games to dont lose attendance on their court and also they will try to pass on more cup rounds also trying to make more trades.

Anyway the top teams wont have a problem at all, they have more chances to change their economy strategy, while their rosters also allow them to pass cup rounds(now passing in cup will be really important).

So now the teams who are in worst situations are those who are on Divisions II-III-IV and some V's in some countries. In the largest countrys communities tell me how im going to improve, when my economic situation is just a.... its never been that worst and im a maanger who never did big investments(in players) and always tried to control the economy without doing any kind of risky moves. I planned last season one long strategy term as this season i was continuing doing it, but this new rule have broken my economy and my long strategy term.

I will have to think really carefully how im going to plan this season since this rule have changed all my plans, anyway that can be the last rule that makes a big diferences between top teams and mediums teams, so we are going to the direction where top teams will be better in economic terms and medium-little teams will have no chance to improve on their country.

Just to conclude, i think we have a brilliant game engine, its just awesome i've never seen somthing like this and also i enjoy how trainings works and potentials, but the thing that doesnt make this game a perfect one is the economy.

Changing season after season the economy its the worst decision, it seems the BB's are ''bad adviceds'' on that terms, they should do a new strategy on that aspect, thinking on the future maybe in 4-5 seasons, and not changing the economy every season. The economy never works when its changed so often, it needs time and if you dont have a long term strategy that will affect on all the aspects of the game as it will happen now, with salary of outside and inside players.

Rising the merchandising and the TV contract its not also the solution, the best solution is to admitt the mistake and go back to the old salary sistem, if not we will have inflation again and it will be a worst situation for medium teams.

PD: I dont think they read spanish forums, but the ones i did in all of them every manager in every division are hard complaining about it, it just make no-sense this new rule and i said it some weeks ago.

This Post:
136516.39 in reply to 136516.36
Date: 3/23/2010 2:08:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's completely the opposite. Rising salaries means less inflation instead of more inflation (more money flows out of the game every week). Also rising salary by a percentage means it hurts the top teams, with top salaries, more than mediocre teams with lower salaries.

As you can see in GM-Josef Ka's posts, salaries in the high end are even increased by a larger percentage than lower salaries, so it's not just a $ difference because of the higher salary, it's even more; a $ + % difference.

Last edited by BB-Patrick at 3/23/2010 3:19:51 PM

This Post:
136516.40 in reply to 136516.20
Date: 3/23/2010 3:13:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In part that is a point that I am trying to make for everyone, at least those of us in lower divisions -- before we panic to much, lets be sure that we see the whole picture. As I am projecting a 20-25% salary increase on my roster aprox 80k to just over 100k, depending upon my 11-12 spots- a jump in TV revenue of 10% would make me happy.

I think, that one of the biggest impacts that this has will be on creating more realistic rosters. Professional sports teams by and large do not carry 10-12 superstars. As such, I would assume that at the upper level there is a focus to create some balance on the roster. At the lower level, perhaps we will finally see the end of unrealistic rosters where people carry 20 + players.

This Post:
136516.41 in reply to 136516.31
Date: 3/23/2010 3:14:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
we'll never know for sure until we see the play in Division I across the world...and for players to fully develop...

They still can develop more? O.o

Btw, is seems to me that the teams who were more punished were the ones who had less profit (if any at all) and the teams who were not developing much to get huge profit per week will still have lots of profit per week and the problem will be maintained, with the difference of the best players in the world need to be fired somehow..

I don't want to be boring,but this is pratcially the solution to the old,old question of the competitive/non competitive divisions(that often,but not always,means big/small countries),that cause the economical inequalities of the game
Marot's post explains perfectly the new scenario of the game
I think that some of the users that now complain on that thread for the rise of the salaries,should don't cry,reflecting about the fact that also they were harshly penalized because stubbornly they want to defend their position

Dear BBs,If your goal is to kill many teams in the more active and competitive communities,to penalize the training of the young players,and to encourage the farms to maintain the strongest playes of the game,well done!

This Post:
136516.42 in reply to 136516.41
Date: 3/23/2010 3:41:00 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
No problem we are all in the same situation, I think the idea was to reduce as much as they can the profit of the stronger teams and I think they will do that. There is a consequence that imho is quite easy to imagine and it is called deflaction so I expect the prices will drop a little bit in a medium term. As someone said before this is not what bbs said 2 seasons ago about the "auto economy"

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
Advertisement