BB Global (English) > Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
282669.32 in reply to 282669.27
Date: 10/27/2016 11:51:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Imo this problem can only be solved by some kind of GE-fix.

I recently joined Utopia and have a 0% winning record so far (few walkovers), because I can't buy any decent players that will help me long term - so I chose to lose anyways. Some older teams in my league are already transferring players for millions. I am nowhere near, just blew another weeks saving (130k or so) for arena expansion. Sickest sheet ever: I pay for this kind of entertainment.

Losses by more than 30-40 points should be impossible by default. So there should be a huge bonus applied to underdogs - some kind of help, that makes losses more bearable and give the impression, they are close enough to catch up.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

To: aber
This Post:
282669.33 in reply to 282669.18
Date: 10/27/2016 12:40:53 PM
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
Anyway in the midesason news post there's a big missing part:
Where are spent the donation funds right now, how much there's to spend yet right now and what are the plans to advertise the game?
Without a clear policy about that I doubt there will be any future for the collection.

If I am not mistake, there is a thread for donators where the ways of investment of this funds are discussed.

This Post:
282669.34 in reply to 282669.23
Date: 10/27/2016 12:52:54 PM
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
Because I always want to improve. Only can think that the other people too. Just one more chance. Not like Utopía.

When you're so competitive, then why don't you embrace having to win your league to get promoted?
Maybe it's just me, but i actually like having to be the best to get a reward. Wouldn't more promoted teams actually decrease competition?

In specific scenarios two very good teams are forced to play between them and in other leagues weak teams get the promotion easily. In this particular cases more promotions can solve this situation.

This Post:
282669.36 in reply to 282669.35
Date: 10/27/2016 1:00:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Losses by more than 30-40 points should be impossible by default. So there should be a huge bonus applied to underdogs - some kind of help, that makes losses more bearable and give the impression, they are close enough to catch up.

Best idea ever! Betray the newbies to a wrong understanding of the game. Then when they buy better players they will actually lose higher because they lose the underdog-bonus. They will be totally confused. Muhahahaha!!!

Thx for your sarcasm.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
282669.37 in reply to 282669.23
Date: 10/27/2016 1:05:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The main message should be that shuffling is good, both vertical and horizontal, it keeps the game fresh.

Why? There is also positive aspects to less shuffling like forming long-term rivalries with league opponents.
The tanking issue that you mentioned seems to be a much more valid argument than some vague freshness.

more exciting...more teams have incentive to win games rather than settle for playoff spots or 5th

That's the reasons why it's a good system for Utopia where veteran users go to have the most competitive environment.
Talking about new users, giving them the chance to promote faster seems pointless when at the same time you make it harder to establish themselves in the higher leagues.
After all BB is a game based on long-term planning. In my opinion giving managers the chance for some consistency is a good thing.?

I agree with these sentiments.

Message deleted

This Post:
282669.42 in reply to 282669.40
Date: 11/2/2016 7:13:41 PM
Leones del Cinaruco
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
Do you know where the newbies change will arrive? I'm going to do some campaigns for attract more users to my country.

Advertisement