This Post:
314977.32 in reply to 314977.27
Date: 6/8/2022 9:56:43 AM
Nittany Lions
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Crystalline Cohomology

First official NT game is several days after the draft. So a NT could save any bot draftee anyway without being affected. Again, that would be the bigger nations that would benefit from this since they would have more players to save and more players worthy to pay salary x100 for potential MVP/HOF/Legendary when micronations could maybe save potential 8/9 for the same price.

We don't even know yet if there would be that many lost players to consolidation. And that change is made to motivate users to stay in BB by playing against more humans, thus increasing the number of teams, and thus increasing the number of draftees in the end.

NT and drafting are not working that way. An NT team manager can pick players from an inactive manager who is going to be botified soon, but it cannot select a player who is in a bot team from the beginning. A rookie drafted by a bot team is lost forever.

From the BB's side, you can actually collect the data and have a very accurate estimate of how many rookies will be lost according to the consolidation. Just go through all the draft pages from all bottom leagues in a country, and see how many among the top prospects are still in a human team. I might try to see what I can do with BBAPI this weekend.

(P.S. Sorry to GM-Perpete for the misunderstanding. The discussion went on quite a bite and I did not read every post...)

Last edited by Feizai Passing by at 6/8/2022 10:54:53 AM

This Post:
314977.33 in reply to 314977.12
Date: 6/8/2022 10:16:06 AM
Nittany Lions
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Crystalline Cohomology
Thank you Marin! I never expected a BB will reply. Achievement unlocked!

When playing an opponent, a meaningful part of the attendance is affected by the fans of that opponent - so it makes sense that playing human teams brings a higher attendance (and income) than playing bot teams. This difference, over time, might even grow if we determine that there is indeed a loss of income (on average).

Yes, it makes much more sense now, if not only the league champ bonus but also the "promotion aura" on the fan base is applied to the newly promoted teams.

This is true, but the effect might be overestimated. We might think of a way to offset this, I like the idea of keeping 4-6 bot teams per league.
Currently, in most bot-filled leagues, many top talents are lost to bots anyway, so I don't think the difference will be that big. I cannot estimate precisely though, we might need to just wait and see on this one, and apply changes on the fly if the draft pool is severely guttered - something I very much doubt.

Maybe there is some data you can collect from the BB side in order to estimate the discrepancy. Collect all the draft data from the bottom league, and see how many of them are currently in a human-controlled team right now.

I might try playing with BBAPI recently and see what I can do, but for a country of 100-150 players, I am anticipating ~20% loss on the high-end rookies coming from the bottom league. As a very rough estimation, if each league gives 0.5 18y HoF and 1 18y MVP on average, that means ~2.4 18y HoF and ~4.8 18y MVP loss. This is quite consistent to @atsii's estimation in this thread (314977.24).

That being said, it is great that BBs are willing to put bot-drafted rookies on the transfer market in case things go wrong. The "deus ex machina" solution is not optimal, but it should work.

3. Important updates like this should be announced at least a season before the rollout.

I agree with this too. There were some factors that made us decide to push this though. Things that may or may not happen in the short term, so we'd rather not elaborate yet.

Thank you. I understand that BB has a timeline for releasing the APP and some change in the dynamics is necessary. Maybe the team consolidation will cause some loss on my side, and maybe not, but I can understand.

Please keep up the work and the communications!

This Post:
314977.34 in reply to 314977.29
Date: 6/8/2022 10:26:06 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
What if the team is not in the last (highest number) division occupied by human teams and is promoted due to available empty slots?
It will get the same promotion boost as if it won a championship.
So for this case, it is not related to offsetting possible losses of income caused by consolidation. Then why BB want to change it?

This Post:
314977.36 in reply to 314977.35
Date: 6/8/2022 4:21:07 PM
Wuhan Wastrels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I know that.

I was reacting to someone suggesting that NT coach could save anyone in bot team. A suggestion I strongly disagree with.

I was just trying to find a way to mitigate the loss of draftees that this change might cause

This Post:
314977.38 in reply to 314977.37
Date: 6/10/2022 9:32:33 AM
Team Payabang
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Great Idea...
Probably inspired with this Suggestion?
(268959.11)
Division Mixing season to season by coachnoodles Date: 4/22/2015 6:30:22 AM

whereas a solution for an unbalanced Division Strength/Distribution BB_Justin gave a great fix:

(268959.22)
Date: 6/17/2021 7:09:46 AM

The initial example of 3 teams in one conference being the top 3 teams, isn't too bad in my opinion. I've seen examples of much worse where teams 6, 7, or 8 would make the playoffs in the other conference.

Currently the demoted team from the division above takes the place of the finals winner.

Would changing this rule to always choose the "weaker" conference for the demotee from above help avoid these situations. It might not seem much at first but over time it should balance the conferences. It also would be easier to implement and less drastic of a change than "shuffling" all the teams.

But because of my impatience (coz it will literally will wait for years for the lowest Divisions to be more balanced)and heartbreak from failing to get a Promotion... and seeing that newly created teams did so... with not so competitive compare to mine at that time... We post a suggestion titled Appeal for a "One-Time Big-Time" Division Conference Reshuffle to Balance each Group (311051.1)

But with this Current Planned Implementation... This will make sure that for every Season the Strength of Each division would be fairly distributed... With this... we can all be sure that those teams that get Promoted deserve it...

no need to wait/implement BBM-like System that can be used as Additional Promotion Qualifier (311533.1)

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 6/10/2022 11:00:11 PM

This Post:
314977.39 in reply to 314977.13
Date: 6/10/2022 9:49:53 AM
Team Payabang
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Why not auto sell the drafters'bot players at 0 price?
In this mode we don't lose good players or nt prospect...

We'll consider this as a valid solution, in case the talent pool reduces a lot. We might not release all draftees this way, maybe a smaller selection (as much as we determine is needed) based equally on skill and a random factor.

Sir... You already have a good system you can adopt with how many Draftees from Bot Teams will be automatically send to the Transfer List... you can implement the Utopian Dual Nationality Rules... the Numbers will also depends on the Country's Population/Ranking... or what so ever... With this... You can Rank and filter the Candidates according to Star ratings and Potentials...

Last edited by Bro_Khen at 6/10/2022 9:51:13 AM

Advertisement