Suggestions > Minor Suggestions

Minor Suggestions (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
3910.321 in reply to 3910.320
Date: 8/25/2008 12:54:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That option follows the depth chart for every quarter. What I'm suggesting is that you should be able to set a different player rotation lineup for the 4th quarter, since you already have the option of letting your coach decide a separate rotation for the final quarter.

Last edited by Vos at 8/25/2008 12:54:39 PM

This Post:
3910.322 in reply to 3910.321
Date: 8/25/2008 1:39:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That option follows the depth chart for every quarter. What I'm suggesting is that you should be able to set a different player rotation lineup for the 4th quarter, since you already have the option of letting your coach decide a separate rotation for the final quarter.

I understand what you are suggesting. If you set your best rotation in the depth chart, then you obviously will have best rotation in every quarter, including the fourth.

My take is that having managers tick a gazillion of boxes is unpractical and unnecessary, as long as there is a functional structure that will allow you to set a lineup and be fairly sure of what the team will play like.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
3910.323 in reply to 3910.322
Date: 8/25/2008 2:04:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sometimes you don't want the "best" lineup in every quarter. The more control a manager has over his team's tactical approach for each game, the better.

Those who prefer simple tactics would still be able to set their team's rotation for the entire game without having to worry about each individual quarter just as they do now, so this change wouldn't effect them. As of right now, there's not enough depth. Some people like the minimalist style of gameplay, but I'm sure there are twice as many who'd rather play a more engaging game.

This Post:
3910.324 in reply to 3910.323
Date: 8/25/2008 2:36:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As of right now, there's not enough depth.

I disagree with that, but to each his own, I guess.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
3910.325 in reply to 3910.324
Date: 8/25/2008 3:40:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Frankly, I just don't see how adding more options will effect the game negatively. It can only enhance BuzzerBeater's gameplay. Those who'd still prefer to keep their team management to a minimum would still be able to set their tactics the way they'd normally do. The only difference is that those who have the desire to tweak additional details would be able to do so, as well.

This Post:
3910.326 in reply to 3910.325
Date: 8/25/2008 3:46:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here's a negative: What if introducing an additional layer of micromanagement conferred an advantage to those willing to spend that extra time doing the micromanagement, but those willing to do so were a minority? You'd kinda piss off the majority.

I think there's a balance to be struck between a deep game experience and one that's not too time-intensive. In my opinion, the equilibrium is pretty good right now.

Personally, I spend a lot of time on BB, as you might expect, and I absolutely do not want the extra detail you're proposing in setting tactics.

This Post:
3910.327 in reply to 3910.326
Date: 8/25/2008 4:24:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a given. Those who spend more time studying the game and tweaking their strategy should have the advantage, which is already the case as the game currently stands. Implementing more options simply increases the depth, and subsequently the overall fun factor of the game due to a wider variety of tactical decisions, placing more emphasis on managing skills, rather than the basic limited array of logical choices. I guess I'm just not intellectually challenged enough by this game.

Last edited by Vos at 8/25/2008 4:26:42 PM

This Post:
3910.328 in reply to 3910.327
Date: 8/25/2008 4:54:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a given. Those who spend more time studying the game and tweaking their strategy should have the advantage, which is already the case as the game currently stands. Implementing more options simply increases the depth, and subsequently the overall fun factor of the game due to a wider variety of tactical decisions, placing more emphasis on managing skills, rather than the basic limited array of logical choices. I guess I'm just not intellectually challenged enough by this game.

How exactly did you come to the conclusion that this game should be about micromanaging match tactics? There are plenty of other aspects of the game that are and should be equally important.

The tactical options are adequate. If you don't feel challenged enough, maybe you should pay some attention to the strategic decisions necessary to manage a successful team.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 8/25/2008 4:54:58 PM

This Post:
3910.329 in reply to 3910.328
Date: 8/26/2008 12:51:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

How exactly did you come to the conclusion that this game should be about micromanaging match tactics? There are plenty of other aspects of the game that are and should be equally important.

The tactical options are adequate. If you don't feel challenged enough, maybe you should pay some attention to the strategic decisions necessary to manage a successful team.

Eh.. I don't know about that. 90% of the game is basically setting up your player rotation, matchups and tactics. The rest is a cakewalk.

This Post:
3910.330 in reply to 3910.329
Date: 8/26/2008 12:54:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Eh.. I don't know about that. 90% of the game is basically setting up your player rotation, matchups and tactics. The rest is a cakewalk.

And rotation depends on what and how you train. And what and how you train dictates your team strength, sales income, and the maximum salaries you can afford to pay. Sure, this might be a cakewalk in DIV, but that really says little about the state of the game.

To: Vos
This Post:
3910.331 in reply to 3910.327
Date: 8/26/2008 3:03:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but your proposal would make the lineup page probadly confusing(with 4 Lineups boxes) and this is especially against new users ... The positive effect ain't that big, maybe it becomes a bit easier to give your trainees their minutes(is that wished?), the blowout won't work anymore(what when the starting lineup is total different in the fourth?) and the tactical rea of the enemy getas more random then a fact of good scouting.

Advertisement