Suggestions > Visible Aggressiviness Stat

Visible Aggressiviness Stat

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
173232.33 in reply to 173232.1
Date: 2/14/2011 9:19:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
what about partial hidden aggressiviness? it could be hidden for 1-2 season, after that show at player stats something like Agressiviness: Average (or low, high).

cause to me, at start no one knows how any player is, but after some season(1-2) or games(30-50) people notice if certain player is more agressive or not.

This Post:
173232.35 in reply to 173232.34
Date: 2/16/2011 1:48:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So are there only aggressive and non-aggressive players or is it a range of values?

This Post:
173232.38 in reply to 173232.8
Date: 2/16/2011 9:44:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes it is a disaster and i feel really sorry for you if you spent $4,000,000 on three trainees only to find all of them will be untranable because they constantly foul out of games. Most 18 year old trainees have to get their minutes in the weekly scrimmage so they don't cost the team too many losses in league games but then when they foul out after 11 minutes they ruin the weeks training, their game shape drops and they become even more likely to foul out in the next game again. Why is every other stat visible and not this one?

How can you see their experience any more than their aggressiveness?

Because every other skill can be improved or declined. Aggressiveness can't change, so it isn't shown.

euhm, i tend to disagree on this. their are other hidden skills, but not everyone knows about them yet...

for example: how can you explain that one player gets injured each season for 3 or 4 weeks, where as some other players hardly ever get injured during their career, and when they get injured, it's a 1 week, max 2 week injury.

my guess is that their are other hidden skills ( of which one that would show how injury prone a certain player is) but that the community doesn't know that much about them yet.

As for the hidden skills, i'd rather have keep them 'invisible'. if you want to know if your draftee is an agressive player, play him in a few games, and see how it goes.

Alot of draftee's faul alot in the beginning, due to their lack in defence, but once trained in defence, that ammount of fauling often goes down, so you can't know for sure if your Draftee is agressive or not, not untill you have had him in your team for a few weeks ( a few meaning having him play atleast 6 games, preferably against opponents that are more or less as strong as your own draftee, cause if you play a 5k draftee against a 50k C, not only will that 50k C destroy your 5k draftee, but your 5k draftee is very likely to pick up fauls because of the difference in skills...)

Keeping those hidden skills invisible is part of the game. it makes it all the more interesting.

Revo

This Post:
173232.39 in reply to 173232.38
Date: 2/16/2011 10:32:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not saying that I disagree that there are other hidden skills, I'm just saying that the only hidden skill we know about is the physicality attribute. And I agree they should all remain hidden.

This Post:
173232.40 in reply to 173232.39
Date: 2/17/2011 12:35:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Potential being visible, but with a varying margin of error, would be awesome and very much like real life imo. The chance of a prospect becoming a bust would add a lot to the game - although I do understand the possible need to add more prospects to the game in order to keep a similar amount of talent in the system. But if potential was equivalent to a scout's subjective assessment, rather than a hard numerical rating - yeah, that would be cool.

This could also apply to injury risk, but aggressiveness is more of a personality trait and maybe that should be discussed separately...

If you get into it, certain personality traits (aggressiveness, chemistry, effort rate, etc.) could be quantified but then there's a compelling argument that you should be able to train them. That opens up another can of worms, one which may best be left closed.

Last edited by RiseandFire at 2/17/2011 12:38:52 AM

This Post:
173232.41 in reply to 173232.40
Date: 2/19/2011 3:59:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem, I think, is not that you have to go to the stats to understand if a player is aggresive or not. Instead the problem is that it is no mentioned at all in the game manual. The game manual should state that their are hidden factors that you have to take into account, and that these could only be understood by looking at the player stats.

If the specific types of hidden factors, e.g. aggresiveness, are listed or not doesn't really matter to me, but it is imprtant that these kind of things are mentioned in the manuals, otherwise it will just feel too random for many, making them frustrated and more likely to abandon the game.

This Post:
173232.42 in reply to 173232.41
Date: 2/19/2011 10:15:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem, I think, is not that you have to go to the stats to understand if a player is aggresive or not. Instead the problem is that it is no mentioned at all in the game manual. The game manual should state that their are hidden factors that you have to take into account, and that these could only be understood by looking at the player stats.

Also there should be warning: "Don't buy new 18-19y players if they have not played any games. They can be hidden aggro monsters."

This Post:
173232.43 in reply to 173232.42
Date: 2/19/2011 2:36:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Also there should be warning: "Don't buy new 18-19y players if they have not played any games. They can be hidden aggro monsters."

Why? Judgements of what is good or bad should ofcourse be left to the user. I mean that is what this game is all abort.

Advertisement