Suggestions > Minor Suggestions

Minor Suggestions (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
3910.334 in reply to 3910.331
Date: 8/26/2008 2:43:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
but your proposal would make the lineup page probadly confusing(with 4 Lineups boxes) and this is especially against new users ... The positive effect ain't that big, maybe it becomes a bit easier to give your trainees their minutes(is that wished?), the blowout won't work anymore(what when the starting lineup is total different in the fourth?) and the tactical rea of the enemy getas more random then a fact of good scouting.

4 lineups boxes aren't necessary. All you need is a drop down menu specifying what quarter you're setting for, and all the rotation options will be different for each quarter selection.

To: Vos
This Post:
3910.335 in reply to 3910.334
Date: 8/26/2008 3:17:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
would be probadly more complicated, without more tactical deep ...

For me it looks more random, then the actual system because it is nearly impossible to scout you opponent anymore ...

This Post:
3910.336 in reply to 3910.335
Date: 8/26/2008 3:32:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
would be probadly more complicated, without more tactical deep ...

For me it looks more random, then the actual system because it is nearly impossible to scout you opponent anymore ...

What's so complicated about it? Don't confuse complexity with complication. Complex = Depth of gameplay. Many people don't want changes because they aren't willing to adapt or step out of their comfort zone. And then they wonder why games become stale.

This Post:
3910.337 in reply to 3910.336
Date: 8/26/2008 3:37:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok now you could look from the minutes who gonna starting etc. Thats part of the minute management and posibel to see. .. With just to quarters as starter that was impossible. Even if you know your opponennt play one quarter r'n'g, one look inside and 2 normal you can't say when you had to play your zone defence... Today i look at the rooster look, who need to play and if he is an specialized player etc., so you could even predict players who don't play just one tactics with this change this become some part of impossible.

And when you need 10 minutes for setting your lineup, and have a whole bunch of "setting" posiibilieties it becomes more complicated.

This Post:
3910.338 in reply to 3910.337
Date: 8/26/2008 3:54:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok now you could look from the minutes who gonna starting etc. Thats part of the minute management and posibel to see. .. With just to quarters as starter that was impossible. Even if you know your opponennt play one quarter r'n'g, one look inside and 2 normal you can't say when you had to play your zone defence... Today i look at the rooster look, who need to play and if he is an specialized player etc., so you could even predict players who don't play just one tactics with this change this become some part of impossible.

And when you need 10 minutes for setting your lineup, and have a whole bunch of "setting" posiibilieties it becomes more complicated.

Setting different rotation/tactics for each quarter would be optional. If you wanted to set the same rotation/tactics for the entire game just like how it's done now, then that's all you would have to do.

This Post:
3910.339 in reply to 3910.338
Date: 8/26/2008 3:59:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
have to, but i want to be succesful + i don't want to play lotto ;)

So i get forced to use the changes, too ...

This Post:
3910.340 in reply to 3910.339
Date: 8/26/2008 4:01:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Have you ever played Football Manager? It's 100x more complex than BuzzerBeater and is one of the best selling, most successful and popular sports management games in history. That's because the game is so deep.

This Post:
3910.341 in reply to 3910.340
Date: 8/26/2008 4:07:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Have you ever played Football Manager? It's 100x more complex than BuzzerBeater and is one of the best selling, most successful and popular sports management games in history. That's because the game is so deep.

Do you make a difference between an online game that flows in real time, and a single-player computer game? Apparently not.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
3910.342 in reply to 3910.341
Date: 8/26/2008 4:08:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Do you make a difference between an online game that flows in real time, and a single-player computer game? Apparently not.

They already have an online version called Football Manager Live..

This Post:
3910.343 in reply to 3910.342
Date: 8/26/2008 4:10:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
They already have an online version called Football Manager Live..

That doesn't answer my question.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

This Post:
3910.344 in reply to 3910.340
Date: 8/26/2008 4:10:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no i didn't but sometimes simplicity makes thinks more deeper, mintue management, scouting your opponent gets more complex with your proposol but easier or senseless but things don't make it deeper but they also make it more complicated to get in.

And betwenn an offline management game and a online one there are some differences.

Advertisement