BB USA > NFL Talk

NFL Talk

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
220571.34 in reply to 220571.32
Date: 6/30/2012 3:59:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Broncos are a joke, there's no way after a blue million neck surgeries that Manning will make it through the season with 340 lb. monsters chasing him around all day. If he miraculously somehow plays the season injury free there's still the full season of not playing to deal with, they might make the playoffs in a really weak division but it won't solely because of Manning. Oh yeah, the 49ers are gonna win the Superbowl.

Dude, they made the playoffs last year with TIM TEBOW....

Their Defense, won them a football game where they completed 2 passes total.

Their O-line had 2 pro-bowlers, and 2 more guys whom were solid, and managed to protect a quarterback who was getting hit 30-50 times a game. You're telling me Manning, whom, will likely get hit 5 or less times a game. Is less of a risk for injury than Tebow?

Also, you're telling me everyone, that Tebow, and an offense that 98% of the time was a run play and you knew it was coming, was able to win enough games to make playoffs. But a Peyton Manning offense, on a team that runs the ball well, and has a very solid defense, will not manage it?

That's the joke right there. Taking a full season off and coming back to play quarterback... not as hard as you think. If Palmer could do it without training camps and OTAs. Then I like Manning's chances with them...

This Post:
220571.35 in reply to 220571.34
Date: 6/30/2012 4:46:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Their O-line had 2 pro-bowlers, and 2 more guys whom were solid, and managed to protect a quarterback who was getting hit 30-50 times a game. You're telling me Manning, whom, will likely get hit 5 or less times a game. Is less of a risk for injury than Tebow?

Also, you're telling me everyone, that Tebow, and an offense that 98% of the time was a run play and you knew it was coming, was able to win enough games to make playoffs. But a Peyton Manning offense, on a team that runs the ball well, and has a very solid defense, will not manage it?

I think Denver'll be very good. Lord knows that Kansas City and Oakland won't, and while the Chargers have had success against Manning in the past, they're not exactly a team that I expect to step up if there's competition.

But blocking for Tebow and the zone reads is entirely different than blocking for a guy who is in the shotgun to pass the ball most of the time. Peyton's awareness and release are such that there shouldn't be too much pressure against him, as long as the receivers run the right routes. But the running game will be dramatically different - still effective, though, just for different reasons. With Tebow, there were so many different guys that could run the ball on a given play and the offense could line up in an obvious run-block formation and it didn't matter. With Manning, the run game is more of a "we'll take it when you give it to us thing." What Manning does is just be ruthlessly efficient - if you give him a nickel or dime front, he'll hand it off for a regular six yard gain and they'll march right on down the field. When there's 7+ in the box, he passes. As long as the receivers can be where he expects them to be and make catches cleanly, and as long as there's no significant pressure up the middle from the front four, the offense will be fine.

This Post:
220571.36 in reply to 220571.33
Date: 6/30/2012 6:33:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
TEXANS

EAGLES

SUPER BOWL XLVII

All caps *eehhemmm*.

This Post:
220571.37 in reply to 220571.35
Date: 7/1/2012 1:42:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
as long as the receivers run the right routes

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-...

Not that I care, it's not like the Rams will be talked about in the Superbowl discussion anytime soon. I just saw your comment and thought of this article I happened to see.

This Post:
220571.38 in reply to 220571.37
Date: 7/1/2012 4:37:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Rams improved a lot. But yeah Superbowl... years off.

This Post:
220571.39 in reply to 220571.38
Date: 7/1/2012 5:49:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
40 looks better than 39, lol

This Post:
220571.41 in reply to 220571.40
Date: 7/7/2012 3:12:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Palmer couldn't do it. If he could have done it Denver would have never made the playoffs in the first place. Your point as to how the line was able to protect a qb that got hit 30-50 times a game seems like a bit of a double negative. Granted, Peyton will not take off running every time his first or even second read isn't open. He will throw the ball away when the pressure gets to be too great but he WILL get hit and get hit hard every game. And he is very fragile at this stage in his career. Denver's D is top notch, running game is 2nd tier and there is a chance if the qb stays healthy they may make the playoffs. But as much as I hope nobody ever gets injured ever in any football game I realize that Peyton's injury potential is very very high. He should have retired. What my point really is is that the addition of Peyton Manning to Denver is not going to effect the win loss record as much as everyone thinks it will. I would like to add that I am a Peyton fan and have watched him play at Neyland Stadium and hope for the best for him and whatever team he is on. He is one of the all time greats and worked very hard for all his success.

4-6 in 10 games....
QB rating of 80.5
Campbell was 4-2 but had McFadden a lot more than Palmer did.
I'd say Palmer was fairly successful, was it what they hoped... no. But, they were literally 1 point away (27-28 loss to Detroit) from being in the playoffs instead of Denver. 5 of Palmer's 10 games passed for 300+ yards (I'm counting the 299 game).

Manning's injury potential is "very very high" you say? I'm thinking, with over 1000 former players suing the NFL, that the NFL would not clear him to play, and would force him to retire, if he was in as bad shape as you seem to think. What's the win-loss everyone thinks for Denver? Peyton won't change it much? define much? they were 8-8, 11-5 is a pretty big change most people would say, I think Manning could get them to 11-5. Do I think they'll go 16-0, is that what you're implying? No.

This Post:
220571.42 in reply to 220571.41
Date: 7/7/2012 3:18:12 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
no. I think the Broncos will go 10-6 or 9-7 if the AFC West is competitive. Sad to say, but I don't like any team in the AFC West anymore (Except the Chargers) Will get em to the POs but will lose as a 4 seed to the Chargers. CHARGERS for AFC West!

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
220571.43 in reply to 220571.42
Date: 7/7/2012 3:28:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
10-6... still a pretty good improvement over 8-8. This proves my point to the other guy.

Advertisement