BB Global (English) > Stop robbing managers

Stop robbing managers

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
53381.34 in reply to 53381.33
Date: 10/13/2008 2:51:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
my problem with the new staff system is the fact that you have to bid to get a new staff member so not only do we have to pay more each week for them but w have to payout to get them to the club.
my question is with the current staff members that we have can we auction the off like players to get new ones or do we firs them get no money for them and then have to try and win the bid for a new trainer as we are not able to hire a new staff member before we fire one.
so that could mean you could go for a week without the staff member you would like to get or you have to bid on a cheaper member lose money on that guy and then fire him when the 1 you want comes up.
i am a supporter and have been since i started playing and i love this game but since this season with the economic change i am making hardly money as it is and now the money that i could have spent on a player will need to be spent on a new staff member.
this game is slowly losing me as a player i really dont know if i will be renewing my supporter when it runs out.

This Post:
53381.35 in reply to 53381.34
Date: 10/13/2008 5:35:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do love the concept of the new staff system in making things interesting. However, the economy is again impacted despite how everyone is saying this is to improve the staff system and not nerf teams economically. Now managers not just have to contend with the severence fee, but also transfer fees! For a good staff member, I believe the transfer fee is well into the 6 figures. Which is additional expenses on top of what we are paying. Players on the market can be bought and sold, with staff it is all one way traffic.

When I started playing the game, I felt like it was a really great basketball game with emphasis on tactics and match related add-ons. With the changes imlpemented from the past couple of seasons, today your Economics lecturer will find it more fun than your Basketball coach. Deviation from a fun sports sim into just another economics driven game. Don't lose sight of the objective, economics should be there to compliment the realism and sports feel of the game, not be the main driver of a sports sim.

Up to a year ago,I was a supporter of another sports sim game, Hattrick. I loved it, and managed to climb into the top division even. Eventually, the game became more and more of an economic simulator and lost touch of it's football roots. I became disillusioned and stopped my supporter, though my team remains active...ish.

Then I discovered BB. The first couple of seasons showed great promise but I was concerned if it would eventually follow Hattrick down that downward spiral by losing sight of it being a sport centered game. I decided if it remained fun after 3 seasons, I'd happily be a Supporter as I was with HT. But now, I feel the economic side of the game becoming more and more the prime factor of team success than a brilliant tactical manager.

Last edited by Sparkle at 10/13/2008 5:44:56 AM

This Post:
53381.36 in reply to 53381.35
Date: 10/13/2008 8:03:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
great post spaz and very usefull opinion for game developers to consider for future changes.

This Post:
53381.37 in reply to 53381.35
Date: 10/13/2008 10:23:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Very interesting post Spaz. I liked it very much. You are absolutely correct.

"The quickest way to end a war is to lose it."
Message deleted
This Post:
53381.39 in reply to 53381.35
Date: 10/13/2008 10:36:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me be one more to congratulate you on an excellent post. You have really captured an esence of all the negative issues in few sentences, I really hope that someone from BB staff will read this and think for a few seconds about it. Well done

It is not so important how high can someone jump, more important is who is the last one standing
This Post:
53381.40 in reply to 53381.39
Date: 10/13/2008 11:21:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you all for you support, I really did not expect it as all that filled my mind at the time I wrote that was dismay at one of my favourite sim games going down what I thought was the wrong path.

BB needs to pull itself away from HT's flawed design and come good with it's own that centers around the sport and on-court happenings instead of being more and more economic. I know the BBs want a new staff system that is exciting for us and we appreciate the effort, we really do. But try to come up with a system that doesn't impact the economy. Try to keep changes which impact the economic system to a minimum.

I seriously hope the BB will hear our voices. I am not complaining because each change hurts my team financially, I can take it. I can plan for it. I am bringing up my concern for the implemented changes which diverts the game's purpose from a sports sim into an economic sim of a basketball club. My concerns are posted in the middle of a long thread, and if a BB reads this far down I can appreciate them going the extra mile to take the fans view into account.

I'm not afraid of my club going under, I am afraid where this game is headed. And where it is headed isn't pretty.

This Post:
53381.41 in reply to 53381.40
Date: 10/13/2008 11:41:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As long as there is any sort of market in the game, it is inevitable that the success of teams will depend on how they manage their finances. This is directly proportional to the amount of teams in the game, and the 'age' of teams -- and is not necessarily conditional on game changes such as the staff.

I am yet to see how this issue can be eliminated without turning it into a clone of (http://www.mobygames.com/game/lakers-vs-celtics-and-the-n...).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
53381.42 in reply to 53381.40
Date: 10/13/2008 2:44:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm quite aware that this game is a manager game, and like any other game it involves financial aspect of the basketball itself, and me, also, am not afraid for my team, but as you said it, those peripheral things are moving into the first plan, and basketball tactics and simulation are losing importance. For example, I would like to see some improvements in deepness of tactics, like some player individual tasks, last quarter specialized tactics, more training options (especially for SF position) and something like that. Some times ago, in our national forum we had a discussion about loving or not loving basketball as a real game, and there was a lot of users that said that they don't even like basketball, but they said that this is really not important for playing BB, I was a little bit piss off with those statements, but now I can see that water is, more or less, flowing in their direction. From my opinion full success of a game would be to get those guys to get interest for game itself and right way for sure isn't how your team stands financially.

I'm really, really, big basketball fan, and as 34-year old basketball is still a big part of my life, too big if you ask my wife, so conclusion would be, BBs please keep the game alive in all pure basketball colors

Don't get me wrong, BB is still a great game, definitely best on the market, and I won't stop playing it, just wanted to express my current opinion.

Last edited by LA-Kasie K. at 10/13/2008 2:45:21 PM

It is not so important how high can someone jump, more important is who is the last one standing
This Post:
53381.43 in reply to 53381.42
Date: 10/13/2008 4:38:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Looks like the global economic worries have hit BB

This Post:
53381.44 in reply to 53381.35
Date: 10/13/2008 4:42:52 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
well i agree with your vision of the game, but i see you were here in season 3. at the time DT was running wild and the economy-driven strategy was much stronger than training
i think now it's much better than then, but of course having a new team in a new game is going to provide more fun... it's inevitabile

Last edited by mark_lenders at 10/13/2008 4:44:49 PM

Advertisement