Suggestions > Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
67212.34 in reply to 67212.6
Date: 1/6/2009 6:31:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Don't forget: small forwards are in a position which is unique. Unlike centers and PG, and often SG and PF, SFs can almost always benefit along with any training you perform, so they can get a lot more training then the other players in a team, but you'll have to sacrifice speed on the others. That is called options...

(seems I had spend my space before I was done lecturing :\ )

;)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
67212.36 in reply to 67212.35
Date: 1/6/2009 8:38:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I intented it to be a line of 10.

I don't know what got into me.

sorry about that.

in short: I think nothing needs to change.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
67212.37 in reply to 67212.35
Date: 1/6/2009 9:07:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In how many weeks your trainees make a pop in ID or Od when you train three roles
If your response is five or six weeks it's time to make a change!

@Dr. Jan Itor I want the card number 2 of this commettee :P

This Post:
67212.38 in reply to 67212.36
Date: 1/6/2009 9:12:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
re: changing this now would harshly affect those that have trained SF

I dont get this, training for SF's is a great way to lose games. If your losing games you're costing your team, so whatever you might make up in transfer fees for a specialized player is offset by the cost of training that player.

Plus, if you've trained SF's your well ahead of the game, and the new training will allow you to take those players to the next levels while becoming more competitive.

Having a balanced SF shouldn't only be possible by choosing to not play your strongest team. How is does that help the game when one of your opponents might get an easy game cause your playing a PG at Center?

One of the great things of BB over HT was that there was motivation to succeed and aim to win all your games, and training was set up to promote multi-skilled players. Currently, this goes against both of those.

Another major problem is it promotes a narrow set of tactics. Most teams either play a guard at SF and choose and outside attack, or play a big man at SF and choose an inside attack.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
67212.39 in reply to 67212.37
Date: 1/6/2009 9:31:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In how many weeks your trainees make a pop in ID or Od when you train three roles

I don't know if you read the whole thing, but I told that I am training my whole team in a balanced way.
This implements using all kinds of training from blocking to passing and anything between.
I think it is safe to say you can imagine that 1 player does not get a pop in the same skill every 6 weeks, but much slower.
On the other hand, they do get pops here and there, and slowly improve in a balanced way.
I realy can't tell what the average popratio is in my team for any skill, it is way to complex.
I do track how much training they got before a pop occurs however, per skill, and the impression I so far have, is that height plays a bigger role then age when it comes to training... ODD... don't know what to think of this. Probably the other skills of the player are of influence too...
For example I have 2 centers, almost equally worthy at the C position according to my calculations. Main centerskills are not that diffrent. 1 is 22, the other is 23. The one who is 23 popt with clearly less training after his previous pop then the one who is 22 on inside defense. The one who is 23 is 2m13, while the other is 2m06.
I also have a PG which I bought to train and sell, he's 1 year younger (21) as my other PG (22), but he is 2m11, while my other PG is 1m86. The 1m86 popped on handling, passing and OD, after he had already popped on those, while the 2m11 still has to pop in any of these, and I asume that they didn't all started out at sublevel 0 if you know what I mean.

I am gathering a lot of traininginfo since a few seisons now,
but at a very slow pace.

Slow but steady wins the race.

This Post:
67212.40 in reply to 67212.39
Date: 1/6/2009 9:45:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I don't know if you read the whole thing, but I told that I am training my whole team in a balanced way.

One thing is to say that training your whole team could be a GOOD WAY to playing in BB(and i also make this),another is to request a training for defence as exist for shot(jump shot for SF-PF)

This Post:
67212.41 in reply to 67212.40
Date: 1/6/2009 9:55:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
true. yet there are a lot more usefull other options to add to training.

if you train your whole team the SF automatically gets the OD and ID training as well. So adding an extra training designed for that would not be helpfull.

It would be helpfull for managers who focus on 1 sided training, but because it is that fast, it would bring them to much advantage compared to others.

As it is now, managers need to choose: train 1 sided, then buy a good SF with the money they make from their fast training. Or train slower but include your SF.

If it gets changed in a way the 1 sided training manages to train SF seperatly, they don't need to buy them, and can keep the money they otherwise had to spend, which they then have in excess of the other managers.
So the other managers are forced to follow the same practise. Gone is 1 option...

To me it is simpel: either they make every type of training available for any position, in a combination as we can choose, or they do not change a thing to this balanced system.
I don't think adding 1 or a few trainingoptions favouring 1 or 2 positions is going to do good to the game.

This Post:
67212.42 in reply to 67212.41
Date: 1/6/2009 10:03:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If it gets changed in a way the 1 sided training manages to train SF seperatly, they don't need to buy them, and can keep the money they otherwise had to spend, which they then have in excess of the other managers.

If you're doing everything you can to improve your team, that money will be spent on some player.

I'm not sure what having money or excess money had to do with this. Understand you're doing team training, but that's not a realistic/efficient option for very many teams. Older players, high salaried players, players at or near their cap, team training doesnt make sense for anyone that has these types of players.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
67212.43 in reply to 67212.41
Date: 1/6/2009 10:07:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
it's not a request to favour the SF
Sf are now penalized
we asked a training 50-50% ID-OD
the pops in this two skill if i train only in Sf position will happen in the same time,but i could train my SF in his natural position,and if i want to focused on a specific skill(which i had to make for age,height,to be nera to the potential cup),i still had to change position to my player

This Post:
67212.44 in reply to 67212.43
Date: 1/6/2009 10:17:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
we asked a training 50-50% ID-OD
This should be out of question. Next step would be this type of training for every position because you could make an allaround defensive team by training them at SF spot using this training. And it would cause a riot from Run and Gun teams arguing they low FG% and 3PT% even more.

Advertisement