Suggestions > Minor Suggestions

Minor Suggestions (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
3910.342 in reply to 3910.341
Date: 8/26/2008 4:08:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
have to, but i want to be succesful + i don't want to play lotto ;)

So i get forced to use the changes, too ...

Have you ever played Football Manager? It's 100x more complex than BuzzerBeater and is one of the best selling, most successful and popular sports management games in history. That's because the game is so deep.

Do you make a difference between an online game that flows in real time, and a single-player computer game? Apparently not.

They already have an online version called Football Manager Live..

This Post:
3910.343 in reply to 3910.342
Date: 8/26/2008 4:10:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

That doesn't answer my question.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

To: Vos
This Post:
3910.344 in reply to 3910.340
Date: 8/26/2008 4:10:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no i didn't but sometimes simplicity makes thinks more deeper, mintue management, scouting your opponent gets more complex with your proposol but easier or senseless but things don't make it deeper but they also make it more complicated to get in.

And betwenn an offline management game and a online one there are some differences.

This Post:
3910.345 in reply to 3910.343
Date: 8/26/2008 4:19:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

So basically what you're saying is that online games should be less deep?

This Post:
3910.346 in reply to 3910.345
Date: 8/26/2008 4:23:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I am saying that you cannot Save and Exit out of BB and come back to it when you feel like it, for example.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
3910.347 in reply to 3910.346
Date: 8/26/2008 4:34:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I am saying that you cannot Save and Exit out of BB and come back to it when you feel like it, for example.

Yeah, but Football Manager is also online, is what you seem to be forgetting.

This Post:
3910.348 in reply to 3910.283
Date: 8/27/2008 1:47:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Without question, Potential, age and value are pretty much all I search for, being able to just say "all-time great" would be better...though it may cause some bargains to not be such bargains. This one seems easy to do too.

This Post:
3910.349 in reply to 3910.341
Date: 8/27/2008 5:01:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
have to, but i want to be succesful + i don't want to play lotto ;)

So i get forced to use the changes, too ...

Have you ever played Football Manager? It's 100x more complex than BuzzerBeater and is one of the best selling, most successful and popular sports management games in history. That's because the game is so deep.

Do you make a difference between an online game that flows in real time, and a single-player computer game? Apparently not.

Shall we see how quickly Football Manager Live surpasses the userbase of BB... I know difficult to compare but the point that I have read in the discussion between you and Zazen is that he is asking for a bit more tactical diversity and you are all saying it has enough.

The fact is that the rule changes that helped the pure tacticians of the BB world were not tactical changes. Eliminating daytrading and adding taxes has helped tacticians as opposed to players like me who just try to own better players and hope the game engine favours me. Now I have to think about the tactical element of the game more. If it is more indepth I will surely struggle BUT the additional that is being suggested would still need to be juggled correctly to balance training minutes.

I would argue its easier to get players close to 48mins with the current system.. with new orders each quarter achieving the magic 48mins for each player is surely likely to become more difficult and therefore not give managers like this an advantage?

This Post:
3910.350 in reply to 3910.349
Date: 8/27/2008 9:46:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have read in the discussion between you and Zazen is that he is asking for a bit more tactical diversity and you are all saying it has enough.

He is asking, in particular, for being able to set lineup for each individual quarter. I don't see much tactical depth in that, I see a lot of unnecessary micromanagement.

This game is not just about setting the lineup for games. As a matter of fact, one can argue that it's not even mostly about setting the lineup. Owning a better players is a critical component of the game, since it is a manager game and not arcade basketball.

You can also argue that we're get even better tactical side by allowing people to manage their in-game decision live while the game is in progress, but there is a reason why this isn't implemented and likely won't ever be.

This Post:
3910.351 in reply to 3910.350
Date: 8/29/2008 4:01:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe would be better that we have salary caps for each league level.
And second thing,for example if someone has earnings more than 5 millions at season then buzzerbeater federation can take as tax all money over this sum.
Or maybe to put in transfers max price for player, so all money offered over it will be taken by buzzerbeater federation. But seems it is not so good idea.

And money what we are getting from cup matches are too small, we have no interest to play that competition, specially if we know that can't win.
It's better to play friendlies and train young players.

This Post:
3910.352 in reply to 3910.350
Date: 8/29/2008 5:54:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have read in the discussion between you and Zazen is that he is asking for a bit more tactical diversity and you are all saying it has enough.

He is asking, in particular, for being able to set lineup for each individual quarter. I don't see much tactical depth in that, I see a lot of unnecessary micromanagement.

This game is not just about setting the lineup for games. As a matter of fact, one can argue that it's not even mostly about setting the lineup. Owning a better players is a critical component of the game, since it is a manager game and not arcade basketball.

You can also argue that we're get even better tactical side by allowing people to manage their in-game decision live while the game is in progress, but there is a reason why this isn't implemented and likely won't ever be.

Not just the lineup, tactics as well. Coaching is a crucial factor in successfully managing a basketball team. You can have the best players in the world, but without proper coaching, you're not going to get very far. There should be equally as much of a coaching element in BuzzerBeater as there is the trading aspect.

We should be able to set each player's tendencies in games as well, such as defensive pressure (Normal, Tight, Loose), crashing boards (Low, Medium, High), etc.

There should be more offensive and defensive options, like Box and 1, Full-court/Half-court Trap, Triangle, etc.

Setting the percentage of each player's touches and isolation plays. Which players should pick and roll. I would even add more skills for each player, like Athleticism, Footwork, Steals.

Advertisement