BB Global (English) > We are tired of seeing: " SERVER IS TOO BUSY"

We are tired of seeing: " SERVER IS TOO BUSY"

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
172332.35 in reply to 172332.13
Date: 1/26/2011 4:36:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I see all that frustration here I take the opportunity to thank you for making my preferred game available every day. I feel a lot of respect for your work and hope you don't get frustrated with these obstacles!

This Post:
172332.36 in reply to 172332.35
Date: 1/26/2011 6:40:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think a little bit of perspective is required here from everyone, paying supporter or not.

The thing is, the developers have limited resources. The fact that they all have full time jobs proves that this is a passion but more of a hobby than a bread winning job. They are doing this out of love. We all need to understand that and we all need to understand that things take time, and when you don't have the resources available, things take longer to be fixed.

This is also an online game. All online games suffer outages. Even multi-billion dollar companies such as Blizzard have server issues, and people pay $15 a month to play their games. The main difference is they have thousands of coders who can look at an issue if one arises and have it sorted out real quick. There are only a few BB's who can edit the hundreds of thousand lines of code in the game. It takes time. Online games can be down sometimes. It's just a fact of online games. No amount of bitching can change that, there are just so many variables that can affect server speed. Whether it be on BB's end, the server host or on your end.

If the game is down, it really isn't a big deal. Just go and do something else. I spend time with my kids, or watch some TV, play some other games or just do some work from home. I will try 30 minutes later. Some perspective guys. Just go do something else for a while, I'm sure you can find something to do.

Finally, I really wish more people would pay for supporter, bugs or not. I love Buzzerbeater and have been playing for almost 2 years, paying supporter one year at a time. How do I justify this? I love Buzzerbeater. The day Buzzerbeater dies cause they can no longer support the costs of running the game, I will be sad but at least I did my part by paying for it. I pay $50AUD a year, which is less than the cost of a PS3 game I buy (which usually bores me after 3-4 weeks), whereas Buzzerbeater has kept me happy for 2 years. If 1000 people bought Supporter, that's enough for them to hire a new developer full time. The more resources they have, the greater the game can be. If you wish to play the game for free, by all means, you have a right to that. But please be more understanding and considerate to the BB's as they try and work through things. They love the game and it's not like they're just sitting back and laughing at these bugs. They're doing the best they can with what they have.

If you're a paying supporter, you have a right to be aggrieved by some of the bugs, but these things take time. We just need to be patient and continue our support for them.

BB's, keep up the good work.

Last edited by iwen at 1/26/2011 6:41:08 PM

To: iwen
This Post:
172332.38 in reply to 172332.36
Date: 1/26/2011 8:14:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like your opinion and respect it. I think everybody have did something because of love not only free even may pay for it!
some day I paid 3000usd to provide a bastketball court and teach very poor guys just for free! but I must answered to guys and their parents objections. it's true that I did it just for my heart and also paid my car for it! but I must to answer!
after a year those guys put some money in a pocket and give me at teachers day for thanks and support. guess how much it could be?! anyway maybe sometimes we are not able to pay even 1usd)
so I understand BBs and respect them!
I hope you understand it's not about that I think they sit back and laugh or maybe calculates their income. ABSOLUTELY NOT! it's about answering objections or even better explain before objections!
I thank everyone who make BB and who try to make it better. BBs GMs LAs supporters and etc... but be aware resources are not just money! people are the most important resources of online games and some guys maybe try to add or keep these resources as they can!
maybe someone hasn't much time and plan one hour a day for his team, imagine 3days in a row he lost his time, transfers, predictions, and also plans because the server's down.
we know all of us are enjoying BB as we are here so I hope everyone help as well as they can to enjoy more and more! :-)
I thank who paid attention to me and tried to help me and excuse who find me impolite! ;-)

This Post:
172332.39 in reply to 172332.38
Date: 1/26/2011 10:47:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
:)

You are currently a supporter until 28/04/2012

Worth every cent I've spent.

This Post:
172332.40 in reply to 172332.39
Date: 1/27/2011 3:33:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Never seen this "server too busy thing", maybe once.
The site only slows down for about 10 seconds once every day for me but every site has this problem.
I have no problem and I aint mad for once.

Australian timezone FTW.

Can you smell what the Hobos are cooking... oh wait its just Roger. (18085274)
This Post:
172332.41 in reply to 172332.40
Date: 1/27/2011 3:51:18 AM
Bc Siauliai
LBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bc Vilniaus Siauliai
People, we have to be thankful for this opportunity of playing this game. BB now is having some problems, but life is life, where problems are unavoidable and time to time you just have to face them. For me, personally this "server too busy thing" has no big deal and I believe that admins will find reason of this and fix it. Piece out. \/

To: MJ
This Post:
172332.42 in reply to 172332.28
Date: 1/27/2011 4:13:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fair enough man, you do what you think is right.

This Post:
172332.43 in reply to 172332.13
Date: 1/27/2011 5:28:39 AM
Peristeri Lakers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
i dont want to hear any more explanations.....find new staff and fix the problem!!thats simple!!

PS at least i will not repeat the same mistake....paying for a subscription for ..."a busy server"....

This Post:
172332.44 in reply to 172332.40
Date: 1/27/2011 6:01:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I take my comments back.
BB just crashed half way through my cup game.

Am disappoint.

Can you smell what the Hobos are cooking... oh wait its just Roger. (18085274)

This Post:
172332.45 in reply to 172332.44
Date: 1/27/2011 6:43:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I take my comments back.
BB just crashed half way through my cup game.

Am disappoint.

you are at least understanding what I suffer these days!

Advertisement