Is it even relevant? (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
241167.35 in reply to 241167.33
Date: 4/30/2013 4:24:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Problem is you know what in saying. ...
I do follow the holy scriptures.... and read daily. " If you don't believe in a higher power it's a waist of time to explain because you already know what is said on this particular lifestyle. But we , "choose"at this point on time not to accept what is written "for our instruction", it also states on the scriptures that "man is not capable to direct their own step." But now for some years now many dismiss these words as mearly words. And we are more enlightened that the one who created us all.
If you Believe that.
That's far from difficult to follow. .yet it takes courage to say what I'm saying right now because it is not mainstream yet people are willing to give credit to a scrub ......who is tall.

This Post:
241167.36 in reply to 241167.35
Date: 4/30/2013 4:38:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can't tell where the quotations begin and end but, to build on your catch phrase, I have no problem with you spending each day reading about a scrub...for whom there is no corroborating evidence.

I wish there were pigmen. You get a few of these pigmen walking around I'm looking a whole lot better. Then if somebody wants to fix me up at least they could say, Hey he's no pig-man!
This Post:
241167.37 in reply to 241167.35
Date: 4/30/2013 4:47:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Problem is you know what in saying. ...
I do follow the holy scriptures.... and read daily. " If you don't believe in a higher power it's a waist of time to explain because you already know what is said on this particular lifestyle.

I'm going to try and break this down to understand what you are saying. So we know what the bible says on the topic of homosexuality.
But we , "choose"at this point on time not to accept what is written "for our instruction", it also states on the scriptures that "man is not capable to direct their own step." But now for some years now many dismiss these words as mearly words. And we are more enlightened that the one who created us all.
If you Believe that.

So, by choosing homosexuality, as you believe to be true, homosexuals are saying they are smarter than God.
That's far from difficult to follow. .yet it takes courage to say what I'm saying right now because it is not mainstream yet people are willing to give credit to a scrub ......who is tall.

Sorry if I read what you are saying incorrectly, but it is a little hard to follow. The thing I would say to this is that you viewing homosexuality as wrong is just your belief, and that's fine. Discriminating against people because of your belief is not, though. I believe the bible also says such things as "love your neighbor as yourself". Jason Collins isn't a better person because he revealed he is gay. What he did is getting publicity because it is the start on a path where all people will be able be comfortable with who they are. Sorry for the rambling. :P

Last edited by adchester at 4/30/2013 4:54:00 PM

This Post:
241167.38 in reply to 241167.37
Date: 4/30/2013 5:21:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
IF god is responsible for life on Earth, then sure he is responsible for creating gay people. So why would he be against his own creations? Also homosexuality is brought up twice, mean while eating bottomfeeding seafood is brought up 7 times. Do you like shrimp? 1 last think on the bible, IF homosexuality was so important, why is it not in the 10 commandments?

This Post:
241167.39 in reply to 241167.38
Date: 4/30/2013 5:24:40 PM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
IF homosexuality was so important, why is it not in the 10 commandments?

It is, try reading them again. Your argument is silly...God created the rapists and murders as well...does that mean he's for them too?

This Post:
241167.41 in reply to 241167.39
Date: 4/30/2013 5:45:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not in the 10 commandments, it may be in the tea parties 2 commandments!!! Also homosexuality has been found to be genetic, as in, they have found it in DNA. Being a rapist or murderer is a choice

This Post:
241167.42 in reply to 241167.41
Date: 4/30/2013 5:59:44 PM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not in the 10 commandments, it may be in the tea parties 2 commandments!!! Also homosexuality has been found to be genetic, as in, they have found it in DNA. Being a rapist or murderer is a choice

I have been trying to resist responding to all of this crap....I can give you article after article that says that there is no gay Gene....it's a lot more complicated than you are making it out to be....If you don't believe in the Bible, God, conservatisim or whatever else, that is fine...I don't care. You can believe what you want to believe...but don't attempt to use loose logic, (especially when your ammo is my Bible) and twist things to fit what you want to believe.

Science is still very much trying to figure this particular issue out....so for you to state these things as facts, is extremely misleading. My point was not to compare whether being gay is a choice or whether a person is born gay....compared to the choices that murders, rapists make....My point was that if you are going to ignorantly claim that since God created Gay people, he must be in support of them...Well God created the Head Hunter Tribes, murderers, rapists, child molesters, and even Los Angeles Laker Fans....that doesn't mean he is "in support" of them.

People have free choice....now, don't twist my words, I am not stating that I believe that Gay people choose to be gay...but my point is we do have free will...so there are many that do bad who could say "well, God created me, so it must be okay" using the logic you used.

Last edited by Jason at 4/30/2013 6:02:05 PM

This Post:
241167.43 in reply to 241167.42
Date: 4/30/2013 6:41:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Homosexuality is also rampant in the animal kingdom, even among creatures to which we ascribe very little in the way of "choice" in their actions. Certainly the animals aren't picking sex partners with a knowledge of the Bible's teachings. It's instinct in some form. I think we can agree on that.

So it's very common in nature, which would make it "natural" by definition.

We don't have to know the exact gene to observe and understand this.

This Post:
241167.44 in reply to 241167.43
Date: 4/30/2013 6:46:48 PM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Homosexuality is also rampant in the animal kingdom, even among creatures to which we ascribe very little in the way of "choice" in their actions. Certainly the animals aren't picking sex partners with a knowledge of the Bible's teachings. It's instinct in some form. I think we can agree on that.

So it's very common in nature, which would make it "natural" by definition.

We don't have to know the exact gene to observe and understand this.

and that's fine, all I was saying is he shouldn't be claiming a gene when there's still so much to be learned when it comes to that. Scientist don't agree on that issue they're still learning and studying.

That said, the Bible wasn't intended for animals, its intended for humans.

This Post:
241167.45 in reply to 241167.44
Date: 4/30/2013 7:22:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some excellent points have been made in this thread.

Now close it before we have a forum with no rules.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
Advertisement