Suggestions > Match Viewer

Match Viewer (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
677.35 in reply to 677.34
Date: 9/21/2007 10:28:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
hahaha. Dude, we can't get anything from that. You need to specifiy which team do players X,Q, A and C belong to.

This Post:
677.36 in reply to 677.35
Date: 9/21/2007 11:17:34 PM
Myopic Marauders
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
True, but you could always figure that out from the box scores :-)

Yes, including which team for the player would be a good thing.

This Post:
677.37 in reply to 677.36
Date: 9/21/2007 11:28:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no man, I meant you (modred).

I can't understand the little play-by-play that you wrote

This Post:
677.38 in reply to 677.34
Date: 9/21/2007 11:34:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Raonne was saying he understood nothing of what you were talking about in your post...

As far as I can tell what you are trying to suggest is already what is there.

There is no "dribbling" in the text output.

However "passing" is a necessary output because it is a skill and also part of the stats of a player?

The point of the match viewer for us as managers is to see how all our preparation for a game affects individual players performance in ALL the areas of the game. This means we want to see passes, steals, mishandling, shots etc.

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.

This Post:
677.39 in reply to 677.38
Date: 9/21/2007 11:36:40 PM
Myopic Marauders
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
The point of the match viewer for us as managers is to see how all our preparation for a game affects individual players performance in ALL the areas of the game. This means we want to see passes, steals, mishandling, shots etc.

Have I missed an option in the match viewer to get that as a text file? I can't seem to cut and paste from the flash thing.

This Post:
677.40 in reply to 677.39
Date: 9/21/2007 11:55:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No you have to watch the game...

Or just read the stats and try and analyse from that.

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.
This Post:
677.41 in reply to 677.40
Date: 9/22/2007 1:16:17 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
the issue is simply building a decoder that gives text output.. or taking the one that was built in flash and making it work all at once.. course having a txt generation built in flash seems sort of silly.

we store all the data about the game now in an ultracompressed format that just specifies like
at T=3:12 player 1 shot a jumpshot and it went in with player 2 gaurding them as

312 1 2 1 2

so we have to build a little thing that looks up who player 1 is , who player 2 is, interprets that 1 means it went in and that 2 means it was a particular kind of jumpshot etc.. adds the bit of flavor that talks about it and makes it readable.

definitely possible, just not trivial.

This Post:
677.42 in reply to 677.41
Date: 9/22/2007 4:20:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm with you Modred. That's not that surprising though as unless I'm mistaken we're both coming from the same background.

Forrest:

If its currently stored
312 1 2 1 2
302 3 4 3 4

Wouldn't it be just as easy to iterate each line of that game data every 2 seconds as it would be to wait the 10 seconds between those 2 events? So rather than checking "do I have new data" each second as a clock ticks down (using a clock to drive the viewer), you use the lines of the data to drive the match viewer, waiting a set period of time between each line.

This Post:
677.43 in reply to 677.42
Date: 9/22/2007 4:35:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What I mean is that what you wrote :

12:00 Teams A inbounds ball
11:50 Player X steals ball
11:39 Player Q travels
11:20 Player A hits of a jump shot assisted by Player C.

And that, by itself, makes no sense. We can not understand what plays you are talking about, based on just this. Maybe if you (modred) espcify these plays better (saying which player was from which team) then we could understand what you are talking about.

PS: and about having the whole text of the match, this has been already discussed in several other topics, is something that is not possible right now, but maybe one day the BB's will try to approach this.

This Post:
677.44 in reply to 677.42
Date: 9/22/2007 4:48:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
what the hell is everyone discussing here?

It seems like there are about 3 different conversations in the same thread...

naphtali, I am not sure the match viewer is working the way you think it is. You are making a lot of technical assumptions.
The only thing I see that Forrest has said about the way it works is the format of the input (for the match viewer) that is generated before the displaying of the game.
I would guess that your 'suggestion' is already the way the system works. The match viewer takes a while to load at the beginning - indicating a lot of information being loaded (the massive file containing the complete match / half on live games)

Modred, are you asking for a text file to be output that you can scroll through and see the whole match events? If so that has been covered many times in the forums and again by Forrest.

Forrest,
Thanks for all the info. At least I understand a little bit more about how the game engine is being fed. I would love to know more specifics but maybe in another thread.

This Post:
677.45 in reply to 677.41
Date: 9/22/2007 12:52:28 PM
Myopic Marauders
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
the issue is simply building a decoder that gives text output.. or taking the one that was built in flash and making it work all at once.. course having a txt generation built in flash seems sort of silly.

we store all the data about the game now in an ultracompressed format that just specifies like
at T=3:12 player 1 shot a jumpshot and it went in with player 2 gaurding them as

312 1 2 1 2

so we have to build a little thing that looks up who player 1 is , who player 2 is, interprets that 1 means it went in and that 2 means it was a particular kind of jumpshot etc.. adds the bit of flavor that talks about it and makes it readable.

definitely possible, just not trivial.

Just provide the raw data file and let the users figure out what it means based on the flash viewer. For that I might actually sit through more than 2 minutes of realtime match replay.

Advertisement