Suggestions > Auto Bid

Auto Bid

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129635.37 in reply to 129635.36
Date: 3/20/2010 6:58:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but his point is valid, i normally go out of bidding when the owner start bidding on his player i don't think that i am not the only one who does it - but for the automatic bid this is equal so the strategy becomes more succesful.

This Post:
129635.38 in reply to 129635.37
Date: 3/20/2010 7:11:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe there should simply be a bit of code written in that says when a player is bid on by the owner the auto bid automatically stops. This would solve the problem. Or have an option when you set the auto bid to cancel when an owner bids on the player, or to keep bidding.

This Post:
129635.39 in reply to 129635.37
Date: 3/20/2010 7:44:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I tested in a similar enviroment. Autobid can be used if it will start bidding right away. But there will be additional problems. Let's say you team has 1mil cash. You put autobid 900k on some player. 450k is his current bid. Now you find another player? What can you do? Bid 100k on him or can you set another autobid for 550k? Will you be able to set 1mil autobid on him. There are too many variables here. Option would be to set just one autobid and keep autobid max value deducted from free cash, until the player is sold. What if you can set 2 autobids -> now there will be a big problem. Let's say we have a lot of managers autobidding constantly and you can bid max your funds. When one autobid cash will be freed there will be dosens of bids on one good player. That is the case where it creates too much traffic.
I still think autobid is a really bad choise. It creates too many variables for the easy choise of just bidding the actual amount you are willing to pay for the player. I agree that sometimes I forget to bid on a player or staff, but that is how it is supposed to be. Everything is not supposed to be automized.
The future of BB? Sign in to see how your automated team is doing, you have set the parameters what your automated TL agent is looking for and your autobid is bidding on. You have automated tactics that will check the latest games of your opponents and will automatically try to choose the best tactic. Your arena will be automatically built whenever it nears 100% attendance. Etc. Pretty boring...

Last edited by Kukoc at 3/20/2010 7:46:51 AM

This Post:
129635.40 in reply to 129635.39
Date: 3/20/2010 7:57:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is the case where it creates too much traffic.

traffic is created when they is commication, from outside, autobids just used internal processing(and not much).

Autobid can be used if it will start bidding right away

When one autobid cash will be freed there will be dosens of bids on one good player. That is the case where it creates too much traffic.

autobid can go for the final bid right away, which makes it lot easier for calculation i believe there is your fault which you make believe that this is prozessing heavy.(and everytime i see such a system implemented it does it that way)

What if you can set 2 autobids -> now there will be a big problem

i would implement it with autobid blocking the max. bid instead of current, if you have free cash after it you could use the rest to start other bids.

Pretty boring...

i like the old transfer system more too, but technically autobid should be even more easy.

This Post:
129635.41 in reply to 129635.40
Date: 3/20/2010 8:05:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree traffic was the wrong word, querys is better.
autobid can go for the final bid right away, which makes it lot easier for calculation i believe there is your fault which you make believe that this is prozessing heavy.(and everytime i see such a system implemented it does it that way)

I am talking about a situation where there can be more than one bid, thus you can have overlapping of monetary value. You are talking about bids that block the max. So basically your comment is irrelevant.
i would implement it with autobid blocking the max. bid instead of current, if you have free cash after it you could use the rest to start other bids.

So you are proposing just one autobid?

This Post:
129635.42 in reply to 129635.41
Date: 3/20/2010 8:31:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that a player could only use 1 auto bid at a time in my original post.

This Post:
129635.43 in reply to 129635.41
Date: 3/20/2010 8:39:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
bidwar:

player A bids 50k
server gets a packet sets price
player B bids 51k
player C bids 52k

and 3 players are bidding every 1-3 minutes.

autobid:

player A sets autobid 60k
server gets packet sets price 1k
player B sets autobid 70k
server gets packet, compares maximum bid values, sets price 61k
player C sets autobid 69k
server gets packet, compares maximum bid values, sets price 70k

this process will end sooner than bidwar, unless players will be online and resets autobid constantly

this is basically the same, bidwar or autobid - the server load is the same.

This Post:
129635.44 in reply to 129635.41
Date: 3/20/2010 8:39:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I am talking about a situation where there can be more than one bid, thus you can have overlapping of monetary value. You are talking about bids that block the max. So basically your comment is irrelevant.

this would caused problems also now, if two player bid at the same time ;) But you make this linear so you only have two bids at the same time, then you know the maximum out of it and compare this to the third, that maximum with the fourth etc.

So you are proposing just one autobid?

unlimited autobids, but if you had two mio founds and make an auto bid for 500k you only have 1,5 mio for other autobids independent from the current price for the player8so you ahd the guarantee that you could pay the bids you make).

This Post:
129635.45 in reply to 129635.44
Date: 3/20/2010 9:49:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is an interesting idea, but lets hope auto bid is never part of the game. Next we could have 'auto line up' and 'auto draft', NO THANKS!

This is a management game, which means YOU manage your team. Stratagy and tactics are a large factor of why BB is so succesful and auto bid completely destroys the bidding process. With the current system there is tactics and styles to bid, it creates drama and excitement which increases interest. Interest keeps the game moving forward.

Last edited by Mod-beanerz at 3/20/2010 10:13:24 AM

This Post:
129635.46 in reply to 129635.42
Date: 3/20/2010 7:11:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry my friend, I am not liking this idea.

The bidding is really the only "real time" aspect of the game and does give an advantage to people who are willing to put in the extra hours. I like that. It is also fun at times to be in a bidding wat although I do hate it when you have to do something else soon like go to class or dinner and the other guy insists in waiting until there are 10 seconds left every time before bidding.

The many people on/few people on aspect is also really good. I know that about 4PM local time there aren't many players up for sale but on the other hand there are often VERY few bidders too - only about 350 people online at that time yesterday, 1,800 a few hours later.

So I actually try to list my guys at peak time and buy them off peak.

If a guy will end while you know you will be asleep, at work etc then just put on a reasonable bid and hope. I think I only win 10% of these but it is nice when you do because you got a bargain. I usually bid just over the minimum TL value. If you want to be more confident just bid $1 over the maximum TL value (unless it is a crazy one) then I think you would win a much higher % of auctions but not get the great bargains.

For people who buy and sell players (not everyone does this very often, lots of players only do it at the start and end of seasons) there is a lot of skill and patience involved. I like it!

This Post:
129635.47 in reply to 129635.46
Date: 3/20/2010 7:24:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like it too, incase you couldn't tell :)

Advertisement