BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum

Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
130835.37 in reply to 130835.35
Date: 2/8/2010 9:31:24 AM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
Spain, the big community in BB closed the threads when he had to do it. No pain, no complaints, no tragedy. Just assuming that rules are the same for everybody.

This Post:
130835.39 in reply to 130835.38
Date: 2/8/2010 9:36:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the forum areas of Buzzerbeater, it is not permitted to post:
- Player advertising.
- Scrimmage advertising.

Sorry, I didn't read it before... you were right. Sorry for my ignorance. Anyway I'll stay with my idea... sorry for that

This Post:
130835.40 in reply to 130835.35
Date: 2/8/2010 9:37:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see envy, this is the true problem...

When you see envy; I see arrogance. Why keep playing the 1/5 BB population card? Its not hard to adapt; is it really a forum killer as people claim?

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
This Post:
130835.41 in reply to 130835.40
Date: 2/8/2010 9:39:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I still don't see reason why would anybody care if they were 1/5 or 4/5 BB population....
It seems that Italia is from another universe and can do what they want...
The most funny thing is that they are breaking rules and still complaining about it :DDDD

Last edited by Ref at 2/8/2010 9:40:45 AM

This Post:
130835.42 in reply to 130835.26
Date: 2/8/2010 9:49:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
first, no one getting upset (not me atleast!), don't worry. it's still just a game :)
and i understood perfectly the point. i just believe we're goin thre wrong way here to solve it.
you're right, it would be sort of unfair to users of countries without an efficient forum. but so it's also unfair for them that we have a shitload of people who play and analize the game since season 1, that share game suggestions, help noobs, making the game-learning easier for new users who utilize the forums. actually i think we can easily agree that having expert users ready to help you in the forums is a much bigger ingame advantage than being able to post a transfer or scrimmage ad. so should we stop helping noobs because it's not fair to user of younger countries? i don't think someone would answer yes :P and still if i was a user of a small country i would be much more envious of the sharing of ingame experience that big country users can have, than of some nearly irrelevant ads.
while the game is a global one, forum life is mostly local. and i think that we should aim to improve forum life everywhere - yep, we can't add 500 mods tomorrow, but it should be a future objective. bar should be raised for comunities that are struggling - not lowered for countries who are doing fine.
that's my view on the game. Charles explain his ideas very clearly - and i assume we've different visions on how to handle such aspect of the game. and i think there is no objective answer, so i'll accept the on given by the game developers, while sharing my different own.
sorry for the wall of text :P

edit: i'll gladly discuss about the matter politely (until i get tired of writing :)), but i don't care about italy against the world stuff. i have no feeling of patriotism at all, just speakin for myself here.

Last edited by Zezo™ at 2/8/2010 9:54:01 AM

To: Foto
This Post:
130835.43 in reply to 130835.37
Date: 2/8/2010 10:09:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Spain, the big community in BB closed the threads when he had to do it. No pain, no complaints, no tragedy. Just assuming that rules are the same for everybody.

If a person want close all NT-threads because in his country not exist and his NT have problems to grow, we must close it in italian or spanish forum?
This is not a logical solution...
I think that every community have his balance and the rules must respect it

Moderate ads&scrimmage threads is an extra work for Italian GM-Mod, but they want moderate its and the italian comunity respect them for this sacrifice.
So, why this fact must become your problem?

This Post:
130835.44 in reply to 130835.41
Date: 2/8/2010 10:24:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It seems that Italia is from another universe and can do what they want...
The most funny thing is that they are breaking rules and still complaining about it
Another thing with closing down the transfer ads in all countries is to prevent views that label a group (in this case the Italians).

If there is one thing hollywood has taught us it is that you should not put people in cages. They get mad. They get out. Then they get even...

The same rules has to be enforced for everyone, and I hope everyone understand the importance of treating everyone the same way. I see the point made by Italian community, since I have often encountered potential U21 players that I want to make sure ends up at a serious manager. In relation to the U21/NT's I understand the urge/wish to have room in the forums for discussion so that young, willing and/or able players get treated the way they should. On the other hand I also believe (and seen) that foreign managers can manage U21/NT stars with as much vigor as domestic managers. Combined with the searching functions for the Player Market, it makes transfer ad threads obsolete. With a little belief in the average joe manager it is still possible to preserve the best talents. U21/NT thread allows for discussing players as long as individual skills are not disclosed*. The strong community that for instance Italy has built can be an inspiration to other countries that stuggle, and perhaps the removal of the transfer ad threads could make BB a more open community on an international level.

* At least not without owners consent and not in relation to a sale. (Can't see why anyone want to have their players skills available for their rivals to take advantage though).

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 2/8/2010 10:28:52 AM

This Post:
130835.45 in reply to 130835.43
Date: 2/8/2010 10:24:37 AM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
Because the rules says transfers and ad threads are not allowed in the forums.

I think that every community have his balance and the rules must respect it

What I think is that all communities should respect the rules, not just decide which rules they will follow.

I can understand people who think that transfers and player ads should be allowed in all national forums. Charles has explained why it was decided, some people would agree and some don't, but no one can say this is unfair. It's good or bad for all.
What I can't understand is people defending that there should be different rules depending on the country.

This Post:
130835.46 in reply to 130835.45
Date: 2/8/2010 10:30:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Because the rules says transfers and ad threads are not allowed in the forums.

...since 10/10/2009 because Mod and GM are getting bored with ban and fines... and because, as Charles said "they have no effect on sale prices"... they should have?

This Post:
130835.47 in reply to 130835.44
Date: 2/8/2010 10:33:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see the point made by Italian community, since I have often encountered potential U21 players that I want to make sure ends up at a serious manager. In relation to the U21/NT's I understand the urge/wish to have room in the forums for discussion so that young, willing and/or able players get treated the way they should.

this is an interesting point. and i cant see why you wouldnt post these players on the forums. A transfer ad is a player that people try to sell and in 99.9% off the cases they post the threads themselves.

If the NT or U21 coach spots a player being released from a bot team and he is a good prospect for the U21 or NT, why cant you bring such a player to the attention off your community. I see there no problem, since it is no sales ad. Same counts for players that are in an active team and being put on the TL. I would mention the player in question is up for grabs so that the active players that might train him het him and not an inactive person. Here again I dont think this is a sales ad. Since it isnt a player that belongs to me and since I would do this for every player regardless who owns him...

Advertisement