BB Global (English) > Feature Update: Arena Design - Part 2

Feature Update: Arena Design - Part 2

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
296254.37 in reply to 296254.32
Date: 10/19/2018 1:30:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry Ned, we know each other from such a long time but... Do you speak English? Because your reply doesn't fit at all with my message.
I said I want this game to go further and you reply "I am pretty sure you won't quit the game". Indeed I wont. I love this game. It is written in every single post I made here.
I wrote "no blame on Marin for the effort, it's the direction which is wrong because of wrong decision making and missing project management perspective" and your reply is telling me "I can't believe you think Marin develops things to close the game".
Just lol man, read carefully please.

Last edited by NdR619 - Pilipinas U21 at 10/19/2018 1:31:24 AM

This Post:
296254.38 in reply to 296254.33
Date: 10/19/2018 1:45:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Marin,
Thanks for coming here first of all. It's hard to be constructive I think in this case.
Because what some of us are trying to speak about is not the feature (or the last features) itself but the perspective as a long term value to keep this project alive and to allow BB to grow instead of dying.
There is no common ground here to say OK there is something good which can leave room for improvements, at least for what I think.
As many others pointed out, we're losing many users and the vast majority are new users. Why this feature should persuade them to stay in the game? If I want to play sim city I play sim city and if I'm a newbie I came here because of basketball. Because I am looking for the self proclaimed best managerial basketball game.
And I do not have 4 m to invest, just for the record.
This is just an example, I mean if the global meaning of these features is to give people something futile to entertain themselves while we're dramatically losing users that's fine.
But on a long term (and to me also a short term) vision this is worthless. What add to the product? Do you tell friends to play BB because "hey you know? You can play around drawing things to make your arena looking better (in old fashioned 90s graphics but yeah these are personal preferences, and I even can say I like it)".
This is my only point and I repeat myself not to blame you yourself because the effort you put is admirable as a last man standing.
BB is a product and when a product is underperforming you have to add clear value.
I saw something similar with a videogame project I've been involved as a narrative designer in the past. They kept adding graphics stuff because they had no money for demo, 3d videos or whatever more deep into the game to attract sponsor or crowd funds.

Edit: needless to say the project failed and my amazing story didn't see the light 😂

Last edited by NdR619 - Pilipinas U21 at 10/19/2018 3:16:22 AM

This Post:
296254.39 in reply to 296254.33
Date: 10/19/2018 3:30:51 AM
Dirty Ducks
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
So, to summarize, I am sad to see such responses here. Not only are they not constructive, as ned pointed out, they might even be counterproductive. We're human too, behind these creations stand people that created them and they don't like when their work is treated in such a manner. It's easy to criticize and hard to contribute, but hey, that's just how internet works.

!!!

This Post:
296254.40 in reply to 296254.39
Date: 10/19/2018 3:43:44 AM
Diamond Dogs
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Speaking of bugs, the Change Design button on the arena page seems to be disabled. Can you please resolve this?

This Post:
296254.41 in reply to 296254.40
Date: 10/19/2018 4:41:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
:(
I understand that money from my supporter account goes on this ? ;/
Cannot you gather the people propositions, prepare some voting, then prios for the most wanted and develop them ?
Now it seems like time killing by doing some almost rubbish stuff.

This Post:
296254.42 in reply to 296254.41
Date: 10/19/2018 5:02:38 AM
KK Stihija
Prva Liga BiH
Overall Posts Rated:
OK, as I understand, this was done to add space around arena so we can add useful buildings when the next update is released. I find that OK, maybe the reception would be better if last two updates were merged into one.

This way it's expected that people would be upset because they expected more. But they really shouldn't because BB-Marin said that this will be purely to add space around arena and that's it.

But the next update, where we will get medical center, I suppose training center and couple of more buildings will be the real deal. I repeat, people would be less angry if they got all of that at once.

This Post:
296254.43 in reply to 296254.33
Date: 10/19/2018 6:30:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Probably, as others said, it would have been better to publish the second and third developments together. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss in this kind of things and you'll always get criticism, but after all, we all appreciate your efforts in keeping this game together and trying something new. I believe the biggest issue this time was the number of bugs rather than the idea itself - I actually had some fun putting together my new arena and actually wish we could have some extra items to add to the landscape. Don't let criticism sadden you, but take it as a motivation to do better next time instead.
I think it's right you take a break now to focus on the back-end and when you are ready for a new front-end development, maybe try to involve the Forum community, propose your ideas BEFORE you start working on them (I still think implementing a poll system to cast a vote would be brilliant!) and use the users' feedback to create something the majority of them will like - you'll see you will receive way more appreciation! This is my constructive advice.
Keep on learning, trying, failing and improving, dev team - we may be very critical at times, but all we want is to improve and keep alive this game we love! :)

Last edited by Talisker 🥃🏀 at 10/19/2018 4:26:32 PM

This Post:
296254.45 in reply to 296254.44
Date: 10/19/2018 7:36:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why You don't ask at first what users might want? Suggestions subforum has so many interesting views... Just few I proposed: (1) see players games in NT just as matches from division, scrimmages and private league, (2) let users vote for players for All Star Game as well as let them vote for MVP. And maybe let the best user from each division to coach all star team, of course without knowing skills of players. And (3) make All star selections and MVP worthy economically!

You said that this "update" took most time to implement and we see it as pointless (I will not spend a minute on such a useless thing). But it was Your decision to make such an "update", You could did something useful instead. And try to understand the simple basic truth: WE WANT UPDATES CONCERNING GAME ITSELF, NOT USELESS GRAPHICAL ASPECTS.

For istance, I see secondary staff as really good update! Go that route

Last edited by Blekitny at 10/19/2018 7:36:51 AM

Advertisement