319331.38 in reply to 319331.1
Date: 5/25/2023 3:31:20 AM
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
My vote goes to "Plan B".
One player getting a different training is more then enough, and I like this idea.
The "Plan A" is a big NO for me. That would be too much.

This is where we hold them!

This Post:
319331.40 in reply to 319331.39
Date: 5/25/2023 5:07:08 AM
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
That's a great point, especially the TL price part. Our team bought earlier this season a player who was 90% ready and paid 3 million for the player. He fit my training plan just fine so I can now train him as a finished player, but if there would be any option to have different training system for different players, I would have never bought that player but I would have bought a 18 yo prospect and built that player instead because it's cheaper. So this might have massive effect for the TL prices as we would have more potential capped players in TL and there wouldn't be any reason to buy 75-90% ready players unless those were bargains.

This Post:
319331.41 in reply to 319331.39
Date: 5/25/2023 5:17:28 AM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
I don't know if it will lower the TL prices but the number of players in sale will clearly collapse...
Why would you buy new players while you can train 3 different positions at the same time and benefit from the huge merchandising boost that represent homegrown players ?

This Post:
319331.42 in reply to 319331.1
Date: 5/25/2023 5:27:43 AM
Rajdersi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rajdersi II
I love plan A. If it wouldn't work we can go with plan B.

Again some experienced managers don't see advantages and are little affraid of changes.
They say that current system is challenging. They also say that new system (let's say plan A) will be to hard for new users.
So cuurent challanging training is ok for newbies and not that hard but plan A will be to much?
Ridiculous.

There was one argument about coaches(not enough number of them at the market/salaries).
Justin can solve it in one day by changing salaries and/or adding numbers of coaches.

You worry about market prices etc -you can train draft players, don't need to buy.
Not every team needs 5x HoFs or 5x MVPs in starting 5.

Plan A(or B ) will solve one problem which I see with training:
You train 1vs1 SF/PF than JS than IS ID etc. You have PG or SF or C let's say 25yo without passing or rebounds.

With new system you can quicker get rid of holes - skills which we train in the end.

There is one topic which was not mentioned:
It will be harder to scout opponent lineup(starting 5etc) due to new training plans.

This Post:
319331.45 in reply to 319331.42
Date: 5/25/2023 6:08:31 AM
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
You actually hit the nail why the change would be bad: "You worry about market prices etc -you can train draft players, don't need to buy." I think it's a really big issue if "no one" is buying players anymore but just trains whole roster by themselves without any compromises.

I really like the active TL as I have quite opposite example from other online manager game that I play. In that game (hockey theme), you can train basically all your players for different positions, but the limit is that player have secret max attribute min 4, max 10) for each skill and you have to work with that but otherwise you can train without limits. There is about 8-10k teams in the game and last week there were 32 sold players in a week. I don't say that this change would make the TL completely useless as it is in this other game, but massive decrease with player values and TL activity might be expected.

This Post:
319331.47 in reply to 319331.45
Date: 5/25/2023 6:26:56 AM
Rajdersi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rajdersi II
you might be right.

Anyway, every season some managers sell whole squad and build(buy) new for season.
It is very common, every season I have new one starter in S5.

I am not that worry about low quantity of players for sale in new scenerio.
Someone will always sell to have funds for arena, gym etc.
Someone will always buy.

Lets say if for plan A you train 1x50k PG(OD) 1x100k C (IS) and two youngster 2x5k 1vs1(SF/PF).
You still need starting SG SF PF and some back ups. You can buy them, you can use homegrown etc.

I get your point with hockey, personally I looked for specific big for few weeks ago and I didn't find anyone for sale.
So I gave up my idea.

Advertisement