Suggestions > 4th Qrt Tactics

4th Qrt Tactics

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
124105.38 in reply to 124105.37
Date: 1/11/2010 9:17:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
GM who posting here are forum users, like you and me - so if they say anything it is worth like an post of any other user.

They ain't the announcers of the BB, they just look out for cheaters and moderating the forums additionally to the work on their team.

This Post:
124105.39 in reply to 124105.28
Date: 1/11/2010 9:56:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi again: It's the same right now! What if the opponent manager decides to play the WHOLE GAME motion while you thought they would play low post?

It's not, really. Right now, defenses adjust as the game goes on. Being able to change offensive tactic for every quarter will make this feature of the game engine more or less pointless.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
124105.40 in reply to 124105.39
Date: 1/11/2010 10:09:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, defenses adjust. So what is the difference of choosing one tactic over the other, if in the end the defense adjusts to the offense anyways and no matter which offense you choose you will be stopped? so basically it's the game engine who decides which teams win, and not the managers by being clever. At least that's the impression I have right now. The tactic you choose is not changing much on the outcome because everything will be adjusted. As a manager and coach you're not involved enough in the outcome of the matches.

Last edited by Coach Ash at 1/11/2010 10:15:42 AM

This Post:
124105.41 in reply to 124105.40
Date: 1/11/2010 10:16:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, defenses adjust. But don't offensive tactics adjust, too?
Not that I know of.

What is the difference of choosing one tactic over the other, if in the end the defense adjusts to the offense anyways and no matter which offense you choose you will be stopped?
Defenses never adjust fully. If you've chosen the wrong defensive tactic, you're always worse off.

so basically it's the game engine who decides which teams win, and not the managers by being clever.
No, your player decides who wins the game. You will rarely win a game with a crappy team, no matter how clever you are.

At least that's the impression I have right now. The tactic you choose is not changing much on the outcome because everything will be adjusted. As a manager and coach you're not involved enough in the outcome of the matches.
Tactics create real bonuses you wouldn't otherwise have. No adjustment can give you that.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
124105.42 in reply to 124105.41
Date: 1/11/2010 10:33:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the game manual is written:
Whether an outside shot goes in is a combination of the individual and team outside scoring rating, as well as the opposing individual and team outside defense. If a great player is the only option on a bad team, he will draw more coverage, and therefore his shooting percentage will go down; similarly a bad player on the same team will only tend to shoot outside shots when he is wide open.

So when the defense is adjusted, the offense play will change, too. Right? It's also unclear to me when you say "the defense is adjusted, but not fully". To what extend is the defense adjusted then? either it is adjusted to the opponents offensive play or it is not. Or is it just half of the team which tries to adjust? I didn't get that. I would like to have more transparency on how things are adjusted.

No, your player decides who wins the game. You will rarely win a game with a crappy team, no matter how clever you are.

Does that mean that the team with the better players wins always, no matter of the tactics his opponent chooses?

Wouldn't it be more exciting to give less good teams a chance to win a game against a great team by emphasizing the tactics you choose over the enthusiasm?

This Post:
124105.43 in reply to 124105.36
Date: 1/11/2010 10:44:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I see a suggestion as far out of the box as yours, I tend to try to figure out why you suggest it. That's when I check the profile. It's not about me playing in div2 and you playing in the lower leagues. It's about the quality of the team. I'm just saying that with 5 seasons of experience your team is still on par with new registered users. That makes me conclude that you either do not fully understand the game (thus the clumsy, not thought through suggestion), or you keep your team crappy on purpose (why I do not know, fun???).
I'm 30 years old, so hardly a boy. Theres nothing wrong with suggesting things, but there have been clear argument here why it should not be done. Still yank on about it's better, more tactics, when it's clearly not the case, is a bit weird.
So in case you missed those posts, different tactics per quarter will ruin the defence tactics completely, thus making the game about luck. Everybody is basically forced to play man2man (or whatever tactic that evens out their od and id).
Playing 1q,3q with LI and 2q,4q, R&G -> you actually play push the ball but with better results. That just makes scouting your opponent impossible and nailing tactics really random.

This Post:
124105.44 in reply to 124105.42
Date: 1/11/2010 10:48:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the game manual is written:
Whether an outside shot goes in is a combination of the individual and team outside scoring rating, as well as the opposing individual and team outside defense. If a great player is the only option on a bad team, he will draw more coverage, and therefore his shooting percentage will go down; similarly a bad player on the same team will only tend to shoot outside shots when he is wide open.

So when the defense is adjusted, the offense play will change, too. Right? It's also unclear to me when you say "the defense is adjusted, but not fully". To what extend is the defense adjusted then? either it is adjusted to the opponents offensive play or it is not. Or is it just half of the team which tries to adjust? I didn't get that. I would like to have more transparency on how things are adjusted.

the offense adjust, too. And if you choose the right tactic from beginning is it also better at the end of the game - so the adjustement don't equalize the setting, they made it less worse.

This Post:
124105.45 in reply to 124105.44
Date: 1/11/2010 10:57:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the offense adjust, too. And if you choose the right tactic from beginning is it also better at the end of the game - so the adjustement don't equalize the setting, they made it less worse.

I don't think so. Where your best shots are might change, but that would be mostly because of changing defense rather than adjusting offenses.

This Post:
124105.46 in reply to 124105.44
Date: 1/11/2010 11:03:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thank you for the explanation.

i just think it would be more exciting to give managers more control of in-game action before the game. A good team which plays against a worse team will be forced to actually change to man to man and eventually base offense to not risk too much, while the worse team will try to predict the tactics the good team chooses and risks totally to be run over or to heighten their chances to win.

I just have a hard time seeing a club play the same tactic throughout the whole season and still be unstoppable because his/her team is specialized on the one tactic.

This Post:
124105.47 in reply to 124105.45
Date: 1/11/2010 11:13:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
which is an adjustment, because someone who would normally take a shot can not take it, as the defense has been adjusted, so someone else will have to take the shot. For me that is an adjustment, a reaction to the defense which is played.

why not let the managers make those adjustments and decide for example, who should be their second choice for shooting? Would also be an addition and a way to take part in the game action.

And I had another idea for another "what, if" situation, which is very common in Basketball: "If team scores, full court press/trap".

Again, my point is: When I watch the gameviewer, I don't really see any decisions I took being used. I feel having no influence on the game. I owuld like some features to make it possible so I can say during the match: yes, that was what I wanted them to do. When I lose in the end, I would then say, it was my bad decision (plus not having good players) to let them play so and so. When I win, I would feel: cool my tactics worked out.

Having the game engine do everything for me takes away the attractivity of watching the game.

This Post:
124105.48 in reply to 124105.43
Date: 1/11/2010 11:23:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm 30 years old, so hardly a boy. Theres nothing wrong with suggesting things, but there have been clear argument here why it should not be done. Still yank on about it's better, more tactics, when it's clearly not the case, is a bit weird.

You're for me a too egocentric person to discuss anything. You see things just your way. And you think you know something about me and my motivations by just checking my BB profile? To have it clear for you: I enjoy playing league 4 and 5, especially because I can let the rookies play, and see them advance and become good players. Sometimes I sell them to better clubs ten and follow where they land in the end. You seem just be a very prejudging person and you never seem to have learned how to discuss. FOr you a discussion must quickly end, while I learned discussions are the most productive when they go on and on. When new ideas and arguments are found. I'm taking time (today I have plenty) to help BB become more complete as a game from my point of view. If you have a different opinion, that's ok, but you can not look down to people and send them disrespectful comments such as "you seem not to have understood the game". For a 30 year old that's quite immature.

Last edited by Coach Ash at 1/11/2010 11:24:40 AM

Advertisement