Canada Division III Season 18

Set priority
Show messages by

To: kpd
This Post:
200798.38 in reply to 200798.34
Date: 11/23/2011 10:13:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good job! Looking forward to what you have to say about my team, your heated rival..... SUCKA!

This Post:
200798.39 in reply to 200798.38
Date: 11/24/2011 1:27:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ima talk soem smack ;) kidding :P..... n i guess ill work on this instead of my proposal for business class :P

This Post:
200798.40 in reply to 200798.39
Date: 11/24/2011 6:02:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Montreal Koolers (4-2)
One of the reason III.9 is an extremely tough division is because of teams like the Koolers who have frontcourt that makes close to 150k a week, but still not make the playoffs. Montreal has been in league three since it was founded in season 6. The team has gone through a ton of ups and downs, one year they are in the final the next they are fighting to just stay in the league. Luckily they have one of the loyalist fans in the country who have stuck with the team even when it was at its lowest point. The Pearl Entertainment Forum is called by many the loudest arenas in DIV III but many wonder how long it would last if they can’t deliver a championship?
Starting Lineup:
PG- Valdenebro $26249
SG- Mandel $12224
SF- Rowley $15362
PF- Bezier $89010
C- Canepa $51433
6th Man- Taylor $3744
Prospects- None
Montreal has one of the best frontcourts in DIV III and can compete with a bunch of DIV II teams with that frontcourt. Montreal lacks depth and because of that the whole team is in horrible Game Shape and there is only one bench player that most teams would fear using against a bot. Montreal like every year got off to a great start only to start losing again. They currently sit at 4th in their league but It will be interesting to see how they fair against competition that is in much better shape. Their whole season depends on their depth and if the management decides to buy some decent backups Montreal could become a big problem come February.

SnowSnow Boarder skipped because the manager hasn’t logged in for a month.
MBCT (2-4)
One of the new members of III.9 this year is MBCT who just promoted from IV.12. This year will be there second trip to DIV III as the team began its first season playing in div III.12. MBCT may have not gotten off to a great start that they may have hoped for but their future looks brighter than most of the teams they are up against every day.
Starting Lineup:
PG- Sollid $4342
SG- Carrilo $6266
SF- Pistono $10048
PF- Kunqiao $12195
C- Kisielinski $25750
6th Man- Bembnista $5731
Prospects- Cirillo 19yrs, Carrilo 20yrs, Bembnista 19yrs
MBCT has an average lineup that will start to win a lot more games as the season progresses because of great GS management and internal development. The team features three young SG with good potential who are already playing a major role on this team and if everything goes well could become one of the best players in DIV III. MBCT is far from contention but they are at a spot that a lot of teams take 4-5 seasons to get to at times. Their arena needs a lot of work and the team has 16 players currently and is paying extra salaries. But don’t ever write this team off because they play hard day in and day out and are capable of pulling an upset against anybody.

To: kpd
This Post:
200798.41 in reply to 200798.40
Date: 11/24/2011 6:03:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Haaa (1-5)
If you’re going “Wait What?!!? Am I reading this write?” you’re not alone. The team that was considered one of the best div III teams last year is in rebuilding mode and is at 1-5. At the beginning of the year they got rid of Pangov and Choi Siu Yin, both post players were paid over a 100k a week and were easily the top 2 big men in DIV III. Rumors were that Rick Cheung had put the team up for sale as they were in huge debt because of paying around $220k in salaries last year but the management has denied this claim and there hasn’t been any evidence of debt or turmoil. Haaa got rid of its whole starting lineup from last year and seems like the team still isn’t done making moves.
Starting Lineup:
PG- Ando $3995
SG- Ozer $2701
SF- Olivais $3901
PF- Yates $6364
C- Seyyedi $13437
6th Man- Eik $5655
Prospects- Seyyedi 19yrs, Yates 18yrs, Eik 18yrs
Haaa doesn’t plan on contending this year or even making the playoffs. With SnowSnow Boarder possibly handing over their team because of the ongoing recession, Haaa is a lock for the 6th spot and that’s all a rebuilding team needs. Haaa easily has best group prospects out there with two 18 yr olds and one 19yr. Cheung who is famous for developing big man is committed to providing them three the best training possible, it was also in the news earlier that Fundamentally Sound’s level 6 trainer could’ve possibly signed with Haaa as cheung offered 10k more a week. As the season goes on Haaa will be looking to finalize its rotation and pick the players they want to train as some of the prospects have continuously been on the market.
Master Chasters(0-6)
After six ambiguous seasons in league IV.7 Master Chasters finally advanced to DIV III, but they are off to a rocky start and along with a lot of the DIV III owners, the players don’t believe they belong in DIV III. Rumor has it that Master Chasters was formed by the members of the 07 football team at Master University. There isn’t much proof of this as the only people aware of this are the owners who are also the players and have declined to comment on this situation. On the side note no one has been able to figure out where Master University is located and many people believe that when found it will be the greatest discovery ever made.
Starting Lineup:
PG- Babushkin $1978
SG- Aravidas $3287
SF- Baudry $1840
PF- Campos $2890
C- Michelangeli $2627
6th Man- Karayip $3030
Prospects- None
Master Chasters, as said by most of the players are only in div III for the money as majority of 45 players don’t work and live off of the $5-6k a week they make. Master Chasters will probably be heading back to DIV IV next year and plan on handing over the team to the younger generation who may be interested in winning and could possibly turn the team around and get them to the playoffs.
Next up - PANGAA, CALGARY SPITFIRES, CANADIAN SWAMPLANDS

This Post:
200798.42 in reply to 200798.41
Date: 11/24/2011 3:11:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I remember playing the Iqaluit Test Icles in the finals of III.9. I'll always be rooting for the Test Icles.

This Post:
200798.43 in reply to 200798.42
Date: 12/4/2011 12:21:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, hows everyone season going so far?

I somewhat solved my dilemma earlier in the thread, I am now somewhat concentrating on one of my trainee's for one position training (#3), I am very impatient and OCD/ADD with this game, so I always try to get minutes for one of my other 21yo's for training every week. I have started rotating between a one postion and a two postion training between weeks to get more pops, as I'm still a ways away from truly competing in my Div and still need to improve my team overall.

I thought I would have a worse record then I do heading into cross conference games and the allstar break. Some of the newcomers in my league looked pretty strong on paper. I was planning on somewhat tanking, and manage my training minutes better. Decided to try and win, fill the seats in my arena instead.

kpd, keep the season review coming buddy!

This Post:
200798.44 in reply to 200798.43
Date: 12/4/2011 2:13:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ya gonna try doing em this week... been way too busy...... i think we need more DIV III managers involved to get this going

This Post:
200798.45 in reply to 200798.44
Date: 12/7/2011 12:29:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I always try and sit down and get these writeups done, but it takes soo long :P So after all these weeks, I have the first two leagues done.
Ill be writing a post with the top 10 team salaries in div III and the top 5 div III rookies and then a more indepth review on the undefeated teams and keep tracking them. Those will get done within the next two weeks and then I will probably do league reviews in the first couple weeks of the new year, which might just end up playoff previews :/
Sorry for the inconvienence, im swamped!

If anyone feels like posting writeups for their leagues be my guest! Really. Im not stopping you :P

Also feel free to discuss about how your team is doing and bragging ;) If you want to post articles about your team weekly or something you can, for example: (204041.1) and (192927.1).

This Post:
200798.46 in reply to 200798.45
Date: 12/7/2011 11:50:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Spits on 4 game winning streak, heating up the city- Calgary, AB

The Calgary Spitfires are on a roll, and the Cowtown faithful have begun to fill the seats. They have faced icey-roads and terrible drivers to make there way to the arena in full force. "The other drivers in this city are completely terrible! They should make roads like they do ski hills, only the pro's can take the Black Diamond routes, keep the noobs on the white square or whatever! But the real fans are starting to show up." claimed old man Andrieucetti from the Spitfires locker room. The 36 year old Italian Centre/Forward has had his fair share of skiing experience, growing up in Italy, a short jog from the Swiss Alps. "I like the snow." he explained. The experienced vet had a game high 30 points and 17 rebounds against cross-conference rival SnowSnowBoarder, in a huge victory for the Spitfires.

Recently acquired Koang Tegus struggled shooting in the game, but lead the team with defensive rotations and had a few clutch steals in the 3rd quarter to help seal the win. "I like win." explained the Chinese two-guard.

Despite early season doubts, the Spitfires have taken the 4 last games and look to be on a surprise roll with the rest of the cross-conference games coming up on the schedule.With big games coming up in the next few weeks against Div.III powerhouses SonyRoxUrKox and Iqualiut Ice Testicles, Coach RA will take the wins where he can get them.

Management has found a good balance and have slightly lowered ticket prices for the holiday season. The Spitfires Fourtwenty Charity Organization have given over 2800 tickets to different charities including Special Olympic Basketball, Lung Cancer Awareness, Medical Marijuana Research and TARDS-R-US.

Guard/Forward Frank Holtz is eagerly awaiting the next home game against the hated Montreal Koolers, not only because of all the "special people" in the stands, but as the opposing team is a good test for his team. "I just hope they don't start makin' zombie noises and sh*t. That sh*t freaks me out man!" Oft-compared to NBA rising-star Demar DeRozan of the Toronto Raptors, "F-Ho" is still learning his abilities and getting a handle on the game. He is showing a good consistency, but needs to step it up to an All-Star level. "Give me another season or two, I'll be reppin C.Dot fo life."

Last edited by RA Blaze at 12/8/2011 12:04:39 AM

This Post:
200798.47 in reply to 200798.45
Date: 12/7/2011 11:51:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
double post wtf....

edits; grammar, punctuation. whoa... jessica biel on letterman!

Another edit. For effect.
(http://i.minus.com/ipq2DtFsNvqDf.gif)

Last edited by RA Blaze at 12/8/2011 11:43:08 PM

This Post:
200798.48 in reply to 200798.46
Date: 12/8/2011 12:39:17 AM
Green Machines
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Great post.

Advertisement