ΒΒ was down and lineups weren't set

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
278663.40 in reply to 278663.38
Date: 5/10/2016 10:09:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
worst would be finals

Worst would be before the cup and playoff elimination games, in the finals you have more games to maybe fix the desaster.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
278663.42 in reply to 278663.41
Date: 5/10/2016 2:30:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can set lineups in advance and for a scrim when you get it. Car accidents happen, thats just a fact of life, but you can choose to wear or not wear your seatbelt.

This Post:
278663.43 in reply to 278663.36
Date: 5/10/2016 8:01:05 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
I really don't get how I only have myself to blame. Did I forget to set lineup? Did I oversleep or something? How being on time is my fault? Do you know what did I have to do for the rest of my day and criticize so easily?

I was here on time and the site was down. I can happen, but just because it can happen, BB should have a backup up plan, like moving affected countries 1-2 hours forward or until it's resolved.

Seriously, saying that it's my fault is irrational. If you want to defend BB it's fine, but please try to find another argument. Another user said if I rage when Facebook or Google fail. Well, I'm not paying Facebook or Google, but if I used Facebook for an ad and paid them to do my job and they failed, I would rage, yes, but only if they didn't try to make things up. Because when you accept money from users, you need to have a flawless service or at least have a backup plan when something on your end goes wrong. BB clearly doesn't have a flawless service, although things have improved, but now, we see that they don't have a backup plan either.

BB-Ryan at least and a local GM too didn't use the "fault is yours" argument and that's good. Not very helpful but at least they don't disrespect me the way other users do.

Well said. The post of the year!!!!

Last edited by Yellow cake at 5/10/2016 8:02:16 PM

This Post:
278663.44 in reply to 278663.43
Date: 5/16/2016 8:57:07 PM
Florida Champs
IV.33
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Lakes Spartans
Yes, it sucks that BB went down and you missed the chance to set your lineup. Some people (like you I assume) probably can't go on BB all the time and have to work around a schedule. That's fine.

But this is a website, a website that does not have millions and millions of dollars to pay to have perfect servers. BB probably has above a 99% uptime which is strong.
Today for example, NBA2k16 servers were down for 4-5 hours. People pay for their online memberships & pay for the game, but stuff happens. I get why you're mad, it's not your fault, but you also can't expect perfection. Nothing in life will ever be perfect, mistakes happen, and when they do we have to move on. I've had my experiences with the Internet and life screwing me over, but that's life and I'm forced to accept it. I've been here for a long enough time to know BB does not push back the start of games. You can disagree with their policy on that, but that's their strict policy and they don't break it. I'm sorry this happened to you, it isn't your fault but you also cannot expect perfection from anything especially an Internet website.

edit: just realize I tagged the "to" part to the wrong guy. This was for the OP to read

Last edited by Bobbanana at 5/16/2016 8:57:59 PM