This Post:
320335.39 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/10/2023 4:39:12 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
Honestly I didn't think about how long will Justin stay, so I totally get your point saying we must take benefit of his presence to make these changes fast.
But to me this passing subject, as other subjects, could be dealt with a salary formula update first. It makes no sense that centers can get 20+ Pa with no impact on their salary while guards hardly can get more than 14 Pa. And there should be a preliminary notice so that we can adapt cause, yes, training players and building teams take time. A lot of time. And the slightest changes can get your team from a title contender to not much anymore.

This game is slow, yes, but as many other strategic games. It doesn't mean it is out of date but I understand you try to find ways to get and retain more players. I thought the app would help, as well as Justin's huge work, but maybe it just helped reducing the user loss so far ?

This Post:
320335.40 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/10/2023 4:54:54 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
There are strategic games that have different servors with different speeds. Maybe that is something that could help BB get more users/revenues without losing the actual ones ?

Last edited by slamdunk9 at 9/10/2023 4:58:48 PM

This Post:
320335.41 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/10/2023 5:01:00 PM
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
Yet, many updates were already done without notice, the one implemented right now, and many others WILL be implemented without notice or a significant one. That's because BB has many flaws that are screaming for so long.

when written "Just give one season or two notice so we can prepare" you're basically asking for 3 to 6 months wait. That's bunch of time, who knows where Justin will be, who knows what more updates we will have. It really depends on free time and who knows what happens with that..

I assume before most changes are made it needs to be planned out, coded, tested etc. So most changes are going to take weeks or months to implement anyway. Therefore, someone could say at the start of this process "Hi, we are currently working on X, with the hope that it will be ready for the new season".

This Post:
320335.44 in reply to 320335.42
Date: 9/11/2023 5:12:39 AM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
On that note, I would expect there to be adjustments to the salary formula in the upcoming seasons. (This is not an official announcement because it has not been approved by those in charge).
Well that could be some great news !
What's the goal behind these potentially upcoming adjustments ? Will it only concern specific skills ? Will it lead to a decrease of salary for some primary skills ? An increase for some secondary skills ? An adjustment only for really high levels ? Maybe that is too soon for you to answer

This Post:
320335.45 in reply to 320335.43
Date: 9/11/2023 6:02:21 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Not sure why you posted that. I don't find it very helpful to the discussion.

Back to the changes. I'm not French and I dislike changes to the game engine coming in without warning, or any discussion whatsoever.

Oh but it was mentioned a while ago, that was the warning. But that was vague and what it hinted at to me was a change in the salary formulae.

Changes to the game engine should always be small, and incremental if necessary. I could cite chaos theory as the reason for that but 2000 years ago Julius Caesar had noted that in battle small events can have large consequences. Thus it is in BB. The game engine is complex, and a small change could have an unseen large consequence. Does this mean I don't want change as I think you might suspect? No. But they should be carefully done. Not large. Not radical.

This Post:
320335.46 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/11/2023 6:08:17 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
when written "Just give one season or two notice so we can prepare" you're basically asking for 3 to 6 months wait. That's bunch of time

This is a slow game. Training requires a long term plan. Planning years ahead. Your own words should lead you to see that if you've set plans in motion that require years, then change is not necessarily going to be good for you. Even 3 months isnt going to help if you're halfway through a 3 year plan. But its better than nothing.

Also, we're used to getting advance notice. It always used to be the norm. Why has that changed?

Previous game engine changes have been tested in scrimmages and private leagues. Why was this not done this time?

Advertisement