Suggestions > Chemistry

Chemistry

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41991.38 in reply to 41991.35
Date: 10/21/2009 9:57:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
for some players it is fun, to watch out for good deals and this is a game which is looking for fun not a reality overhaul in my eyes.

So why waste the fun of the small traders, and single additions to team often work good even if you are right that a new team need time to adjust.

If you, and those want that kind of fun, you can go on some kind of Forex ((http://www.fxsol.com.au/accounts/practice-account.asp?pid...)) and there enjoy trading and everything else (sorry if my answer was too harsh but that is not the point of this game:)

I can say that for some players fun is looking at "long term strategy" and developing players in that way. And for some other fun is that this game looks and feel like real

Except it's not up to you to tell people where to go. The game is designed to specifically allow different strategies, and be fun for everyone.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
41991.39 in reply to 41991.38
Date: 10/22/2009 11:25:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Except it's not up to you to tell people where to go. The game is designed to specifically allow different strategies, and be fun for everyone.

That was just my answer on that kind of stupid argument against this "Chemistry" Idea.
The game will be still designed to allow different strategies, and those people who love to watch transfers would still have a lot of transfers to enjoy.

This Post:
41991.40 in reply to 41991.3
Date: 10/22/2009 7:01:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, I was the one who suggested that a while back. Here is the link.

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...

This Post:
41991.41 in reply to 41991.40
Date: 10/22/2009 10:36:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually, the original post in this thread was 58,000 threads or so before yours.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
41991.42 in reply to 41991.40
Date: 10/23/2009 8:54:43 AM
This Post:
41991.43 in reply to 41991.34
Date: 10/23/2009 9:15:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

What about this...

To make a balance for day-traders and long time users... make chemistry visible for the team only (DUH) and after that, every week the chemistry either builds up, or falls down in between players.. more like another game engine specified for chemistry
(In short, it's like training formula meets the game shape formula... or some other...)

WEEK 1:
-Our trainer founds out that Player Y and Player B has been talking about their pick and roll plays, chemistry +
-We found out that Player C is making progress with jump shot and Trainer W teaching him an alternative throw, chemistry +
-We also found out that Player R is using other teammates deodorant without asking permission, chemistry - -
-etc...

WEEK 2: (same explanation, maybe other activities has done that are more serious, perhaps....)

I've also been wanting chemistry to be included here (maybe said that a couple of times now) and I won't stop until we meet halfway on how to make this included in the game... It could be wonderful, it shares balanced pros and cons, and it's also not that easy... something that the managers (and even BB's) wants to talk about on global....

(I was supposed to add pro's and con's on this one, but I think i'll let you guys throw in your ideas too...)

I think i like this idear. The bad thing is i like nearly all new idears that involves better long term strategy ;)

Why is this a good idear? Simply: its a basketsim. We are simulating real basketball. Thats means no weekly/daily tradings all season long.. But (!) daytraders are already punished by tax. So therefor another (chemistry) obsticle is not really neccesary. True!
But we are still seeing many daytraders out there. Its still an option to not sell for a while, lower the taxes, and buy/sell again, and wait for a while again, etc etc..This is a way of managing, and for many owners the best way to enjoy the game (we should not forget that) but, simply, not truly related to real life basketball.

Besides the daytrading thing, i like this idear because of the idear of chemistry itselfs, not only because it can bann daytrading.
This game is in many ways so realistic, its amazing. But it is missing chemistry. In real life team chemistry is almost equally important as talent. Everybody knows the saying: 'you cant buy a good team'. Good teams have to glew, grow up, learn the tactics that are played. Specially with a sport like basketball where small things like settings screens on the right time/place are so important. With a new chemistry system in BB, BB becomes so much more realistic.

I dont really care about the daytrading part. I like daytrading to be banned out of BB. But i can see the plusses about daytrading. Keeps economic running, ppl enjoy daytrading, but in my eyes this has nothing to do with the SIM itselfs.

Maybe its an idear to introduce chemistry ánd lower the taxes just a tiny little bit to comprimize the new introduction? Daytrading would still be an option, but just a tiny less atractive, ánd BB gets a whole lot more realistic.

Last edited by Maupster at 10/23/2009 9:19:38 AM

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
Message deleted
This Post:
41991.45 in reply to 41991.43
Date: 10/23/2009 9:48:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah but chemistry in rl, is lot more then we are now together for x weeks ;)

And i probadly don't like random events, friendship and haters in your team etc.

This Post:
41991.46 in reply to 41991.45
Date: 10/23/2009 10:01:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah but chemistry in rl, is lot more then we are now together for x weeks ;)

Good point. It would never be the same. Our seasons are shorter, so we dont have to glew that long like in real-life to get good chemistry. Just a couple of weeks together would do it for me. Buying a star player right before a big match and only get better as a team is just not right imo. He doesnt know the tactics the coach is playing, the lines his teammates are running.
Same as buying a player and just sell him 3 days later. The guy that just has been bought would meet his new teammates. Those teammates would fear their position on the team, would fear their startingposition is on the block, but that same guy that has been bought leaves after 3 days. Things like that play with your mind you know..

And i probadly don't like random events, friendship and haters in your team etc.

I dont like shapedrops, waiting 7 days extra before my stadiumupgrade is finished, my star player gets injured, my pr-manager asking extra salary, loose against a weaker team that CT me, but thats just part of the game, like in real-life.

Everything has is ups and downs, but managed well, you can handle it. Thas makes a manager game so beautifull.

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
This Post:
41991.47 in reply to 41991.45
Date: 10/23/2009 10:17:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the current system, on the extreme, we can have a champion team, with 10 or 12 new players, bought 2 weeks before the finals (at playoff transfer deadline). Every champion team needs training. And if you are always talking about
"real" and "reality", what's real about that? In every sports, at every part of world are limits to how many players a team can use or submit to a league.
Like enthusiasm, you can reset, or almost reset, team chemistry/cohesion at the end of season.
Most of the time, the diference between first and second place is the team spirit, chemistry, cohesion.

This Post:
41991.48 in reply to 41991.42
Date: 10/23/2009 10:43:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, I was the one who suggested that a while back. Here is the link.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...)

(228.1)

Damn, even farther back than I thought.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement