Show messages by

To: RiP
This Post:
157337.4 in reply to 157337.3
Date: 9/21/2010 3:15:13 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I think Naker's posts would overload the server.

But if they wouldn't, I think this definitely falls into the category of "Great Ideas of Low Priority" and it would be a definite improvement to our interactions with the Forum, and the Forum is good for building community. So maybe it's not such a low priority afterall. In theory, it shouldn't be such a hard thing to rig, not that I know much about these sorts of things. I just figured out how to use my VCR and now the darned video store doesn't rent videos anymore! They said I should just rent stuff online and I told them that the only thing I know how do with this world wide web is to play BuzzerBeater. (I should get a year of free Supporter for that referral!)

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!

This Post:
157337.5 in reply to 157337.4
Date: 9/26/2010 6:35:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lets face it, this game is fantastic but some of the features are from the stone age.

* You should be able to search for posts by any specified user in any forum.
* You should be able to still rate posts in closed threads.
* You should be able to edit your own posts in closed threads.
* You should be able to sort your bbmails by sender.
* You should be able to delete multiple bbmails.
* You should be able to send the same bbmail to multiple people, without an hour of cutting and pasting.
* Everyone not just supporters should have access to the forum search function.
* You should be able to use the search function and actually find what you are looking for.
* In the Search tab you should be able to put in any part of the name of the team, user etc not just the star
* In the search tab you should be able to put in the first or second name of a player - sometimes I have forgotten one but remember the other, there is no way to find them

This Post:
157337.6 in reply to 157337.5
Date: 9/27/2010 10:21:41 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, yeah. I'm still waiting for the option to be able to group delete emails (I suggested that at least 2 years ago, I think). I think the Mail functions are a very low priority for the game development, probably always has been. If we had to choose between a great mail system but underdeveloped basketball functions or the reverse... But the points in this post should be well taken. I suspect the shortcomings are probably in the way the whole message system is set up and not necessarily an easy fix short of a major overhaul (if not total reconstruction from scratch), and maybe with the anticipated new hirings the BB staff will be able to take this on.

For the record, I think it's good that this post exists since it should be a reminder of an area that could use a serious upgrade, even though the most important parts of the game are really directly affected by it.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!