BB USA > Denver Daily

Denver Daily

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
218208.4 in reply to 218208.3
Date: 5/20/2012 6:09:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
IDK is a cop-out choice. If you don't know... don't vote.

Though, in hindsight... a link to the boxscore would prob help.

This Post:
218208.5 in reply to 218208.4
Date: 5/20/2012 6:11:06 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Good Luck competing with our newpapers.........The Eagle will be active all summer. Good Luck. Bet there are gonna be 9-10 presses by the end of this season.....

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
Message deleted
This Post:
218208.7 in reply to 218208.5
Date: 5/20/2012 6:14:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
we will remane the pioneers of the press

This Post:
218208.8 in reply to 218208.1
Date: 5/20/2012 6:22:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A league-wide comparison was done after the first game of the season, as LBJisaCancer, owner of the blake Street Bombers was dissatisfied with just simply the PR-Manager's fan survey.

A survey of the other teams in the league showed, that with Wang Dajun even playing out of position. Our BSB boys on the road, had the 4th highest rating as a team in the league at a rating of 6.2. Just edging out the Albatrosses, whom have an All-Time Great potential 18 year old, they were at 6.1.

As expected Da Big Boyz, and Muffin Men are the two favorites, each in the respective division. With Bahia Sport the 3rd highest rating, at a 6.9. Blake Street Bombers coach Koby Karl, said after the game "We think we just had the jitters, it being the first game, and not know what to expect, or what each other was capable of. I can assure you, the next time we meet the Bahia Sport, we will protect our house, we will come away triumphant!!"
Assistant coach Jeff Pzidelik said "If we knew Israel was going to be a beast on the court, running the offense, grabbing the boards, doing all the intangibles... we would have just let him off the leash and feast!"

You heard it here first folks! Expect a higher octane offense when jung is on the court! What will we see from Mitch Powers? Will Heath Christianson be a name in the hat or a dominant force? The 3 way battle for PG is underway!

Tune in Tuesday when our beloved Blake Street Bombers take on the New City Fromos coming off a less than inspiring victory 81-70 over the Pitt Panthers. http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/46146847/boxscore.aspx, the game will start at 6pm MST LIVE at Area 51 arena!

This Post:
218208.9 in reply to 218208.8
Date: 5/20/2012 6:43:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Coach Koby Karl was going over the tape from their loss to Bahia Sport and released this statement:

We may have lost the game, but there are some things to take away from it. Our anticipated 3 top scorers could not be stopped. Dajun shot 47.8% on 23 shot attempts and was 4-9 from deep. Tomilin shot 47.1% and even though he only attempts 2 threes, a number we'd like to see him attempt more of, he did split the pair. Bozek, who we had a hard time finding shots for, hit 3-5 shots if you take out his end of quarter prayer shot. for 60%. The 3 combined to shoot 22-45 in that sense. That's a number we'll take away since they are mostly jumpshots. That was with Dajun facing a tougher player too. Meanwhile, Rod Pollar was the only guy they had who really shot the ball well (11-16) Tomilin may not be able to defend him perfectly, but we're confident that under an offense that allows us to spread the court more, that Tomilin can easily match him shot for shot.

We like the aggressiveness from Jung... and obviously when his shots start dropping we will be a lot more dangerous. But damn if he isn't 1 helluva ball-handler. Everyone was turning it over, Jung had that turnover on the 3rd possession of the game... and then I think 1 the whole rest of the game, playing every minute and second. This kid has a future! Mark my words!

Last edited by LBJisaCancer at 5/20/2012 6:46:14 PM

This Post:
218208.10 in reply to 218208.9
Date: 5/21/2012 4:51:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Financial update hit today, and even with no ticket revenue from a home game yet. The Blake Street Bombers managed to turn a profit of 374$ chump change, but the projected attendance income is supposed to be 61,980$ so big profit looks to be made in the Mile High City by the Blake Street Bombers.

None of the 6 BSB players on the Transfer List have any bids on them. GM Rory Cochran says "If they don't sell, they'll just be cut. Its quite sad really, but they understand, basketball is a business".

Just a sad story about what coulda, woulda, shoulda for 6 gentlemen. May they have great success in whatever they do afterwards.

This Post:
218208.11 in reply to 218208.9
Date: 5/21/2012 8:27:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Post-Practice Interview
Coach Karl, that was a tough loss the other night to the Bahia Sport. What are your plans for when the New City Fromos come to town?

"Well, we didn't execute vs Bahia. 18 of our turnovers came in that 1st half. We really just weren't used to playing with one another. We also were 0-11 on 3s that first half, and if I recall a good 6-7 were open looks. Just failure to execute. A game like that... never happen again. bahia Sport got away with one there, but the next time we meet, they'll be singing a different tune afterwards!"

So... how does that answer about your gameplan vs the New City Fromos?
"we're just going to go in it like any other league game. We're going to get our young guys some minutes so that they can improve, and we're going to play our game. Blake Street Bombers Basketball!"

What is your game coach Karl?

"Fast-paced two-way basketball!"

This Post:
218208.12 in reply to 218208.11
Date: 5/21/2012 8:47:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
"Wang Dajun! WANG DAJUN! Tell us your thoughts on the upcoming match? How do you feel after scoring a team high 26 vs Bahia Sport?"

I'm actually quite disappointed in myself. I felt I really could have done better vs Bahia. I was 1-9 shooting in the first half, and missed the first 5 three attempts I took in the game. Cappy even got a double double, and I was still 2-12 shooting at the time, halfway through the 3rd. Myself, Guangbang, and Jung all stuggled shooting the ball. The score was something like... 74-29 when I picked up my 4th foul, coach was like "F It Dajun", so Tomilin found me, and I let it rain. 2 points. I was like... ok. ok... That felt good... lets try that again... 2:38 left in 3rd Cappie found Jung and Jung hit a baseline, and he was off all game, but kept going at it. I said to myself... "This rookie, sitll thinks we can win. I better get my Sh!t in gear!" After that... I just thought less, and shot more! 2:15 to go in 3rd and Bozz finds me wide open, I drained the 3 and I shouted "The cellophane is off boys, lets do this!" They put in their scrubs at 1:26 left in 3rd after cappie missed an FT, and we said. Lets make them put their starters back in. it was 78-38. Capppie hits the FT, and then I just remember seeing the basket grow to the size of a wagon!

"Any chance to see a repeat vs Fromos?"

Oh you could bank on it. I predict "Pain"

This Post:
218208.13 in reply to 218208.12
Date: 5/21/2012 9:11:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
BREAKING NEWS

In a surprise move, coach Koby Karl has announced Gerry Cathey, whom did not get picked up off the TL. Will not be cut immediately afterall... Coach Karl has announced that Cathey will be starting at SG for tomorrow's match-up vs the New City Fromos. Speculation is Mitch Power, will be starting at PG, so Cathey will start at SG, to give them that pure PG presence out there still. If Power struggles to find his shot anything like Jung did... this could blow up in BSB management's faces... or it could be a coaching genius move of a lifetime.

This Post:
218208.14 in reply to 218208.13
Date: 5/21/2012 9:20:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
John Doe report

John Doe is a local bookie in the Denver area

"My crack oddsmakers using their formulas from http://www.buzzer-manager.com/en, have come up with predictions and outcomes for Tuesday's game. From the information we gathered... the Blake Street Bombers have the 7th highest FG% despite going up against the 3rd best team in the league. The New City Fromos, going up against a team that can compete to be relegated to div VI, shot .6% better than the Blake Street Bombers. Bombers shot a higher 3pt% than their opposition, and held a top notch team to under 26.5%, the Fromos allowed their opponents to shoot a whopping 32.1% The free throw line favors the Bombers heavily, and especially with a home court advantage.

We're saying that BSB will come out on top +13

Advertisement